Iron bowl - auburn v bama

NoSaint

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch it! Still have to beat MSU next week... then you can call us frauds :) JK- I live in Columbus and am a die-hard Buckeye fan but our pass defense is just so awful.

The only things worse than OSU's pass defense is its schedule. MSU will be the best team the Buckeyes face all year. Hopefully they bring their "A" game and knock them off.

Love how Verne Lundquist said " there's no one out there to tackle him...just a bunch of big fat guys"

Haha, not that it matters, but I'm 99 percent sure that was Gary Danielson. Either way, yes, I laughed heartily. Because it was so true. All the Alabama guys just stood there on the left hash watching the kick. Once Davis burst to the sideline, nobody was going to catch him.

I am biased, since I went to grad school at U of Michigan. But OSU is a tier below the elites this year. it would be insane if they ended up playing for the national championship over one of these sec teams.

If they go undefeated for 2 straight years you have to give them a crack at it. Otherwise your talking about telling a team they have to win 35 straight to even have a chance to play for the championship.

Whether fsu and osu both win their conferences is still a real question though. Auburn has a shot at it still. If they win it all, today's game will be cemented on a very short list as one of the best of all time. As is, it's still a great one.

Two things:

1. When you try a long FG like that it's always in the favor of the defending team because there are 5 lineman, a holder and a kicker on the field, that means 7 of the 11 players on the field can't cover. I was surprised they made that try.

2. Watching that live on TV I couldn't help but think how awesome it would be to be an Auburn fan in the stadium but couldn't be happier for Chris Davis. That play will live on forever and he's the guy that made it happen.

It's good to be a college FB fan today!

Go Bills!

Was cool to see such a great game/upset. But as a fan of the game, I am upset that Ohio st may get in the title game. They are nowhere near the second best team in the country. They are the Kansas City chiefs of college football and will get bushwacked by FSU. Hopefully common sense prevails and Auburn gets in.

If they go undefeated for 2 straight years you have to give them a crack at it. Otherwise your talking about telling a team they have to win 35 straight to even have a chance to play for the championship.

Whether fsu and osu both win their conferences is still a real question though. Auburn has a shot at it still. If they win it all, today's game will be cemented on a very short list as one of the best of all time. As is, it's still a great one.

Can the playoff system start soon enough?

Even if OSU beats a very good MSU team, they'd be blown out in the national championship game. It would be a shame if they made it over, say, a 1-loss Alabama team.

That was an amazing ending, but man it makes me hate the way college football is set up.

Completely unfair that Alabama can't win the national championship because of that.

If OSU loses to Michigan State, then there will be a 1 loss team in the national championship game--why can't it be Alabama?

Their 1 loss is to a top 5 team, on the road, by 6 points.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.