Iron bowl - auburn v bama

NoSaint

Best college game I've seen since Boise St-Oklahoma.

That had to have been the best College game I ever saw, with all those crazy trick plays that Boise pulled off for the victory was nuts.

Watch it! Still have to beat MSU next week... then you can call us frauds :) JK- I live in Columbus and am a die-hard Buckeye fan but our pass defense is just so awful.

hey you never know, how many thought Auburn would win today. Maybe O-state runs over them and keeps the ball away from F-state and pulls out a grinder.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an amazing ending, but man it makes me hate the way college football is set up.

Completely unfair that Alabama can't win the national championship because of that.

If OSU loses to Michigan State, then there will be a 1 loss team in the national championship game--why can't it be Alabama?

Their 1 loss is to a top 5 team, on the road, by 6 points.

If there's a one-loss team in the national championship game, why shouldn't it be Auburn?

Their 1 loss was to a top 6 team earlier in the season, on the road. And they beat 'Bama.

The best game with the most amazing ending. This one tops them all including the Nebraska missing the 2 pt conversion vs Miami, Flutie hail Mary, Ohio State beating Miami in OT and yes the Boise over Oklahoma game. What a game. Wow. Especially with all that was on the line yesterday.

I don't think its unfair to Alabama. They lost. We could start up a whole separate string of what teams we think were probably the best in that given season yet didn't get a chance to compete for the National Title. I think the 93 Notre Dame team tops the list. All the talent on that team, they beat Florida State that season, yet dont get voted in over FSU to compete for the title vs Nebraska.

This will make the anticipation of next years college playoff all the more exciting.

SU Orange beat Boston College with six seconds left on the clock.

Final score: SU 34/BC 31.

GO SU Orange!

GO Buffalo Bills!

We Buffalo Bills fans here in Syracuse are looking forward to the day when the Bills play a pre-season game here at the Carrier Dome.

Edited by PearlHowardman

Incredible game last night! The final play did bring back some bad memories. After the kick, Alabama's crew was on the left side of the field. They did not "fan" out to cover all lanes. Nick Saban called his team out on that. The bad memory I'm making reference to is the Music City Forward Pass. Bills weren't covering all lanes. Got suckered in to covering one side of the field. Not happy w/ Bama's loss. I'm not a fan of them, but it would've been pretty nice to see a team possibly go for a 3rd straight BCS title. Now just in hopes the SEC wins it's 8th straight BCS title. If Auburn beats soon to be ranked number 4 Mizzou, they deserve to be in the title game. Ohio State's schedule was very weak. Plus, they gave up over 600 yards to Michigan yesterday!

If there's a one-loss team in the national championship game, why shouldn't it be Auburn?

Their 1 loss was to a top 6 team earlier in the season, on the road. And they beat 'Bama.

I agree! I just don't think it's... "fair"... the way college football operates, and because of that, literally every second of any college game I watch, I obsess on that thought. And I don't mean "fair" the way American soccer moms interpret that phrase, I mean fair as in: there are no concrete guidelines laid out for anyone in terms of "do this, and you can play for the title game".

If the Bills went 16-0, and a group of judges handed down an edict that we couldnt go to the playoffs because of our strength of schedule? That the 15-1 Patriots and 15-1 Broncos would be going instead of us?

Lol. It's madness.

Anybody know if that is the longest play in ALL of American football history... Chris Davis ran 119+ yards! Back of endzone to back of endzone is 120. Of course lookin @ this play from where it started, he was inches from being out, to where he was piled on by his own players.

Gotta be only a handful of plays that went this distance... In all of American football, high school included. Others had to be on kick offs.

I agree! I just don't think it's... "fair"... the way college football operates, and because of that, literally every second of any college game I watch, I obsess on that thought. And I don't mean "fair" the way American soccer moms interpret that phrase, I mean fair as in: there are no concrete guidelines laid out for anyone in terms of "do this, and you can play for the title game".

If the Bills went 16-0, and a group of judges handed down an edict that we couldnt go to the playoffs because of our strength of schedule? That the 15-1 Patriots and 15-1 Broncos would be going instead of us?

Lol. It's madness.

Yeah... But really... Go through ESPN and team's schedules and look @ what strength of schedule really does for teams. Most big programs are feasting on on the small programs early in the season and then bam! Hit the wall when they play closer to their program.

What I am saying is that there are well over 100 teams in Div. 1... 32 in the NFL. The drop off w/college programs is steep and staggering. One 73-7 drubbing of a small program may all it take. Yet, Auburn is up there and should be given the trust they can hold their own, but there is only so much that can be done and what decides it in the end? Everybody would want that benefit of doubt. Sorry to say, it is the best they have.

Can the playoff system start soon enough?

Even if OSU beats a very good MSU team, they'd be blown out in the national championship game. It would be a shame if they made it over, say, a 1-loss Alabama team.

Not sure about that. Urban Meyer took a 1 loss FL team with a very mediocre offense to the NC game in 2007 and beat a "unbeatable" OSU team who had rolled everyone that year 41-14. Look at the coaches. If it is FSU-OSU, be careful about thinking they can't affect the freshman QB or that they could stop OSU's offense.Not saying OSU will win but do not think it would be what you are predicting, Are you comparing it to ND-Bama from last year? Because ND did not have nearly the speed, QB, running game or coaching staff that OSU has. If they had not each missed 3 games at the beginning of the season, both B Miller and Hyde would be strong Heisman candidates.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Plain and simple, if you go undefeated in a big BCS/power conference (and no, the AAC is not a big conference despite their soon-to-be-gone designation), you get preference over any and all 1-loss teams. So many people complain about the sanctity of the "regular season" and how if you lose a game then you have no rights to complain, yet these same people want to put a 1-loss team in the title game over an undefeated? Complete BS.

Auburn is good, one of the best teams in the nation this year, but they lost a game. Ohio St didnt. Auburn lost to a very mediocre LSU team. Plus, if OSU beats Sparty (which should be a very tough win for them), it will give them a victory over a top-10 team. If FSU and OSU win next week, they should be playing for the title.

As for scheduling, Auburn has just as horrible of an OOC schedule as Ohio St, so that point is moot.

Lol. It's madness.

you're right about one thing. The biggest issue with the BCS was their moving target on what was needed to get into the national title game. Sometimes you needed to win your conference, other times, not. Sometimes a rematch was ok, other times not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.