The Atlanta Falcons week 13

YoloinOhio

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... thus far ATL looks pretty decent against the Saints :(

It's a heated division rivalry. They looked good week 1 against them too. Didnt translate to the season.

Yeah we gotta watch out for #13 catching balls on us along with White and Gonzalez. The rookie #55 on defense is very Kiko like also...

Cory white is the saints version of Justin Rogers- we shouldn't be tooooo worried about what Atlanta does to him.

It's a heated division rivalry. They looked good week 1 against them too. Didnt translate to the season.

Cory white is the saints version of Justin Rogers- we shouldn't be tooooo worried about what Atlanta does to him.

That may be the case but you know how momentum goes... It may take him that one game against a bad CB to give him confidence going into the next game.

I don't feel the home field advantage obviously so I hope the D comes through...

Atl is my second favorite team way behind Buffalo.

Atlanta is bad. The Falcons have little to no pass rush to speak of. Abrahams left and the Falcons picked up Osi. But they have little outside of him. The Falcons best LB Witherspoon has been out but will be back for this game. The secondary for the Falcons has also been very suspect. The Falcons went with a CB Trufant in the first round but he has has his rookie struggles.

On O the Falcons still have Matt Ryan. But the line is very bad. They lost their starting left tackle in preseason and their center retired at the end of the season last year. The Falcons have been very very bad running the ball. S. Jackson has done little to replace M.Turner who sliped in production last year.

Gonzalez is still the premiere TE. The guy always gets open or makes a tough catch. R White has also been banged up a lot of the year and not playing anywhere near what he has been the past 4 years with Ryan. J. Jones getting injured and out has also really hurt this team. Ryan has been in my opinion 'pressing' trying to win every game. Thus his Int numbers are way up.

Honestly guys- If the Bills play as determined as they did against the Jets. And the coaches call a game like they did against the jets this game should have a similar outcome. ATL is not a good team right now.

Yah. I mean their bad luck w/ close games & injuries not withstanding, they weren't a SB favorite this preseason to anybody smart. They had the exact opposite luck last year (they were extremely lucky to not lose to Oakland at home and get swept by Carolina...KC I think scored more points on them in week 1 than they scored for the next month combined). And Steven Jackson is a RB with lots of miles so who cares.

I'm not sure what you're hoping for if you're afraid of this game; can't play Jacksonville 5 times. Honestly the only game that worries me a bit before Foxboro is @Tampa. If we can't beat ATL or Jax or Miami at home I'll be resigned to the "we don't deserve it anyway" mindset.

Edited by BuffOrange

Presumably the perfect result. Falcons play their hearts out only to lose a close one against a division rival. Hopefully a demoralized team coming to TO next week.

You could write a perfect narrative for any outcome. Heck, I could just as easily say they play angry and that's worrisome. Fans project a lot of there own fears and hopes when discussing things like this.

You could write a perfect narrative for any outcome. Heck, I could just as easily say they play angry and that's worrisome. Fans project a lot of there own fears and hopes when discussing things like this.

Obviously. That's why I added the disclaimers.

In reality, I dont think week to week momentum plays a significant role anyway. But if I was in their shoes, I'd be hard-pressed to get up for a neutral site game against a cross-conference opponent, with whom I share no history, with nothing to play for...and coming off a tough loss to a rival.

Also, as I don't want to jinx the bills, they will probably lose this game in epic fashion to crush their fans yet again.

That's exactly it... the Jets were coming off a huge win against NO at home, went into the Bye week thinking "Ok, we'll just beat the Bills and then if we can win in Balt..."... then the Bills starting 2 WRs went down, EJ looked horrible, we couldn't run against a Pitt D that gave up 55 the week before... I am sure they thought the same thing and came in and got rocked because of it. I fear the effort the approach. If they play to their ability, on paper, they should win. But they really should have beaten Cleveland, with Brandon freaking Weeden, with or without EJ, and they did not. If this was at RWS, I agree. But it isn't anything like the Ralph. Many of these guys have never played at Rodgers. Out of their routine, new place, different country. I don't know. Just have a bad feeling.

The jets mailed in a "Force ej to beat us" game plan.

Alright, I just finished the NFL rewind on the Falcons-Saints game. I'd like to take a look at the All-22, but I had a few thoughts before that comes out:

1) I know this has been hashed to death already, but can the Bills catch a break with the schedule planners? I know they can't account for anything, but after an extremely late bye for the Bills, that's getting mitigated even more. It didn't bother me when I expected the Falcons to steamroll us at the beginning of the year but now...

2) The Falcons are not a bad team. As much as we say that the Bills are better than a 4-7 team, I really have to say that the Falcons are not a 2-9 team.

3) Oddly enough, I kept thinking that the Saints defense looked a lot like ours. They would absolutely maul Matt Ryan and then start giving up big play after big play.

4) The reason the Saints defense held the Falcons to 13 points was, without a doubt, the fact that they batted Matt Ryan around like a pinata and sacks came on extremely inopportune times.

5) Whenever the Saints blitz didn't get there, they got burned with underneath throws. I think Kiko is going to see a lot of pass coverage.

6) I think this might be Spiller's chance to come back. The Falcons gave up a lot on flare patterns and outside runs. If the Bills can get Spiller's confidence and decisiveness back I think he could have a big day.

7) The Falcons did a great job running the ball up the middle in the first half. Not so much in the second. I don't have the exact count, but I thought I saw a lot more passing attempts, which seems odd considering all the blitzing I saw.