The Atlanta Falcons week 13

YoloinOhio

there are lots of Buffalonians in ATL.

Concur!

...Although I became a Bills fan in Utica in high school.

Sadly, I think this is the week the Falcons, fresh off a mini bye, and an embarrassing loss, find their offense. Roddy should be healthy. And H. Douglass is doing fine. Then, there's Gonzalez and an all-pro QB.

That defense, though, is very soft. I don't see that improving.

Like any game, it should be tough, but if the Bills can get the pass game and run game clicking at the same time -- it hasn't happened all year -- then we should win. But that's an IF.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concur!

...Although I became a Bills fan in Utica in high school.

Sadly, I think this is the week the Falcons, fresh off a mini bye, and an embarrassing loss, find their offense. Roddy should be healthy. And H. Douglass is doing fine. Then, there's Gonzalez and an all-pro QB.

That defense, though, is very soft. I don't see that improving.

Like any game, it should be tough, but if the Bills can get the pass game and run game clicking at the same time -- it hasn't happened all year -- then we should win. But that's an IF.

It is always an IF, however, this is certainly the worst defense Buffalo has faced all year so no time like the present! The Falcons have come off a lot of embarrassing losses this year but last week isn't one of them... they played pretty well against a very good team and were in it at the end, not really embarrassing. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

It is always an IF, however, this is certainly the worst defense Buffalo has faced all year so no time like the present! The Falcons have come off a lot of embarrassing losses this year but last week isn't one of them... they played pretty well against a very good team and were in it at the end, not really embarrassing.

The Saints vs Falcons is a huge rivalry. It is like eone of those games where you throw the record out. For years in the 80's and 90's one of the two teams would always be decent while the other would stink. Usually more times then not the team that stunk would upset the better team and ruin playoff hopes.

That does not really mean much today except that they really do not like each other much and know each other well. This translates into hard fought games typically.

The Bills should win this game. If this team is really turning the corner they need to go out there and beat ATL and beat them pretty darn good.

It is always an IF, however, this is certainly the worst defense Buffalo has faced all year so no time like the present! The Falcons have come off a lot of embarrassing losses this year but last week isn't one of them... they played pretty well against a very good team and were in it at the end, not really embarrassing.

Given how Sean Payton has owned mike smith - it was embarrassing to be swept, again.

Atlanta is the first team eliminated from playoff contention in the NFL by virtue of San Francisco's win last night...hopefully they will be a little deflated from it

Hope so. This is the kind of game the typical Bills teams would lose though - pretty much everything leaning in their favor and then - splat. Hope they are different now! I feel like they are, but don't want to be disappointed (yet again).

Instead of Hughes I think you meant Lawson. Personally, I agree with our D-Line's philosophy. When one person gets a sack, they all feel they got a sack. No matter who gets the credit, I want to see sacks, QB hits and QB hurries from the D-Line.

Hughes rushes the passer. He meant Hughes. Lawson is the strong side line backer.

Hope so. This is the kind of game the typical Bills teams would lose though - pretty much everything leaning in their favor and then - splat. Hope they are different now! I feel like they are, but don't want to be disappointed (yet again).

It's hard not to expect being disappointed like in recent years, and maybe it's just me, but this year's team just feels different. Where before hope and optimism were the driving forces, this year it's more of a confidence thing. I truly believe our defense is top level and they are the main reason for that confidence. We're healthy everywhere (knock on wood). I literally can't remember the last time we were full strength. I think our offense is just good enough to let the our D carry them to victories. I thought we could win nearly every game last year, but as game time approached, I would feel that all too familiar dread that somehow we'd manage to blow it. I just don't have that feeling this year. Even with all the losses.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I guess Falcons fans would look at it that way. Unless it was a blow-out or loss to a bad team I don't see it that way an outsider.

Saints vs atlanta since Sean Payton was hired:

2012 -- No sean payton, split

2013 -- swept

2011 -- swept

2010 -- split because garrett hartley missed a 25ish yard game winner

2009 -- swept

2008 -- split

2007 -- swept

2006 -- swept

as a division rival, thats crushing/demoralizing. you and i know this from experience. SP is 12-2 against them and 1 of those losses was the kicker missing what amounted to an extra point

Edited by NoSaint

Saints vs atlanta since Sean Payton was hired:

2012 -- No sean payton, split

2013 -- swept

2011 -- swept

2010 -- split because garrett hartley missed a 25ish yard game winner

2009 -- swept

2008 -- split

2007 -- swept

2006 -- swept

as a division rival, thats crushing/demoralizing. you and i know this from experience. SP is 12-2 against them and 1 of those losses was the kicker missing what amounted to an extra point

I definitely see your point.... but equating it as a Bills fan to the "rivalry" with NE... if we were a 2 win football team and NE came into RWS as a SB contender with a great record and we lost a close game, I would not look at it as an "embarrassing" loss... demoralizing, yes. I would be more embarrased if Bills weren't even competitive in the game or the Bills had a good record and were a contender and still couldn't beat them at home.

I definitely see your point.... but equating it as a Bills fan to the "rivalry" with NE... if we were a 2 win football team and NE came into RWS as a SB contender with a great record and we lost a close game, I would not look at it as an "embarrassing" loss... demoralizing, yes. I would be more embarrased if Bills weren't even competitive in the game or the Bills had a good record and were a contender and still couldn't beat them at home.

demoralizing may be a better word than embarrassing. i guess i was more arguing against hanging close being a moral victory for them.

demoralizing may be a better word than embarrassing. i guess i was more arguing against hanging close being a moral victory for them.

Yeah, no moral victories with rivals. I was so mad the Bills lost Game 1 to the Pats*. Some saw it as a moral victory, but to me I was just pissed because I know we could have beat them that day.

My take: if the Bills that played on Sunday show up then we win. If the Bills that played in Pittsburgh show up then we lose. Simple as that. It's a "home game" but it's really not unfortunately. If this game was at the Ralph I would feel more confident but playing a dome team in a dome makes us lose our homefield advantage unfortunately

You hit the nail right one the head, If we were playing at da ralph with the weather and our "home" crowd i think we win easy. Unfortunately we are playing in toronto so Im giving the "home field" advantage to the falcons. They are used to playing in a dome, the bills are not.

You hit the nail right one the head, If we were playing at da ralph with the weather and our "home" crowd i think we win easy. Unfortunately we are playing in toronto so Im giving the "home field" advantage to the falcons. They are used to playing in a dome, the bills are not.

is there something in particular the bills would have to get used to? even if we dont have an overwhelming homefield advantage i dont get the thought that they falcons do when compared.

Falcons are also used to losing in a dome. Just sayin.

I prefer to look at it as a benchmark of the Bills progress this season. They are finally healthy for once. Rather than win due to another team's misfortune or in this case demoralization, maybe they'll just be the better team and win outright. If they don't then they're not on the rise at all, but rather a team that still can't win winnable games on the road.

So, go to the game! Bring your friends. Be loud. Be proud. Unless you just can't get accross the border, I don't understand why the "best fans in the NFL" don't show up and REPRESENT?! It is like a one hour drive, right?