The Atlanta Falcons week 13

YoloinOhio

I wonder if any other team in the league plays 3 teams after their bye week and another after a thursday night game w 9 days to prep.

I also wonder why Brandon continues to defend "regionalizing" the Bills when players, coaches, and fans all unanimously agree that playing in Toronto is a joke and hurts the teams chances to win.

I have friends who are Canadian that own season tickets and skip the Toronto game because the atmosphere is so lame. (No noise, seating is way too far from the field, you can't have a drink while tailgating etc)

What a crappy thing to do to your team Russ and Ralph. I hope you had fun cashing the Rogers check because we're all paying for it now.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if any other team in the league plays 3 teams after their bye week and another after a thursday night game w 9 days to prep.

I also wonder why Brandon continues to defend "regionalizing" the Bills when players, coaches, and fans all unanimously agree that playing in Toronto is a joke and hurts the teams chances to win.

I have friends who are Canadian that own season tickets and skip the Toronto game because the atmosphere is so lame. (No noise, seating is way too far from the field, you can't have a drink while tailgating etc)

What a crappy thing to do to your team Russ and Ralph. I hope you had fun cashing the Rogers check because we're all paying for it now.

Brandon is 100% right even though it completely sucks. Without Toronto, the Bills are the 3rd NFL smallest market and 51st overall. http://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-football/1187003-nfl-standings-designated-market-area-dma.html With the Toronto market, the Bills can be a top 5 market. It's hard to move a top 5 market and the one thing this Toronto thing has proven is that Toronot doesn't deserve their own NFL team. It's a crappy situation short term but can be the best thing for this franchise long term.

And Brandon is the best thing this franchise has going for it. A local guy who has invested interested in the Bills long term. He is not the enemy though some seem to think he is.

I went to the Falcons game last night.

I actually focused on the Dline and Oline play of Atlanta.

Atlanta's Dline played a pretty darn good game. They where around Brees a lot and they did a good job against the run for most of the game. In the 4th quarter they gave up a couple big runs around the left side.

The Falcons secondary also looked a lot better then they had been looking for the most part. Their safeties are there weak spot in the passing game. Weatherspoon was back and looked good. He is a good 3 down lb who can cover a TE.

On O the Falcons just can not run the ball consistently. They struggle to establish a run game. Thus the Dline is able to tee off on Ryan. The Saints where getting pressure around the edges and when Ryan tried to step up there where guys in his face. It appeared that pressure was also very constant up the middle as well. The front four shoudl have a field day for the Bills. Should.

WR's wise the kid Johnson is a quick guy who Ryan loved last night. Tony G had a couple nice catches like he always does, and S. Jackson also is a good pass catching back.

Overall the Falcons appeared to wear down over the game. Atl has been hit bad with injuries so the depth is thin and guys are playing big minutes that Atl probably wished where not.

Atlanta gave it all they had last night and the game was good and close. Atl and NO are bitter rivals so the games are usually close. I really do like the Bills chances to win this game. The Bills need to rotate guys in at Dline and wear down the Falcons O line. Ryan knows he has to try and win the game so he is forcing things. Bills could get some Int chances.

I went to the Falcons game last night.

I actually focused on the Dline and Oline play of Atlanta.

Atlanta's Dline played a pretty darn good game. They where around Brees a lot and they did a good job against the run for most of the game. In the 4th quarter they gave up a couple big runs around the left side.

The Falcons secondary also looked a lot better then they had been looking for the most part. Their safeties are there weak spot in the passing game. Weatherspoon was back and looked good. He is a good 3 down lb who can cover a TE.

On O the Falcons just can not run the ball consistently. They struggle to establish a run game. Thus the Dline is able to tee off on Ryan. The Saints where getting pressure around the edges and when Ryan tried to step up there where guys in his face. It appeared that pressure was also very constant up the middle as well. The front four shoudl have a field day for the Bills. Should.

WR's wise the kid Johnson is a quick guy who Ryan loved last night. Tony G had a couple nice catches like he always does, and S. Jackson also is a good pass catching back.

Overall the Falcons appeared to wear down over the game. Atl has been hit bad with injuries so the depth is thin and guys are playing big minutes that Atl probably wished where not.

Atlanta gave it all they had last night and the game was good and close. Atl and NO are bitter rivals so the games are usually close. I really do like the Bills chances to win this game. The Bills need to rotate guys in at Dline and wear down the Falcons O line. Ryan knows he has to try and win the game so he is forcing things. Bills could get some Int chances.

I was surprised the atmosphere was not more lively for it being such a rival. Was it as quiet as it looked on TV? I was glad they lost because they are now effectively out of the playoff race, whereas had they pulled it off (it looked like they might and NO wasn't playing their best game) that might launch them into thinking they could go on a run for a WC based on their accomplishmnents the last few years. I was really surprised they held NO to 17. I expected Brees to go for 40+ after what Tampa did last week. So, still scared! If NO only got 17, what will we do?

I was surprised the atmosphere was not more lively for it being such a rival. Was it as quiet as it looked on TV? I was glad they lost because they are now effectively out of the playoff race, whereas had they pulled it off (it looked like they might and NO wasn't playing their best game) that might launch them into thinking they could go on a run for a WC based on their accomplishmnents the last few years. I was really surprised they held NO to 17. I expected Brees to go for 40+ after what Tampa did last week. So, still scared! If NO only got 17, what will we do?

the saints were off a short week after a PHYSICAL game against atlanta, on the road, and sitting guys like sproles, and evans. im not shocked their offense wasnt crisp.

Brandon is 100% right even though it completely sucks. Without Toronto, the Bills are the 3rd NFL smallest market and 51st overall. http://www.city-data...t-area-dma.html With the Toronto market, the Bills can be a top 5 market. It's hard to move a top 5 market and the one thing this Toronto thing has proven is that Toronot doesn't deserve their own NFL team. It's a crappy situation short term but can be the best thing for this franchise long term.

And Brandon is the best thing this franchise has going for it. A local guy who has invested interested in the Bills long term. He is not the enemy though some seem to think he is.

Don't waste your time trying to explain it, Apparently Buffalo is a thriving market all on its own that doesn't need financial help to survive and its impossible for them to ever be relocated, cause either the league will step in and not allow it cause of the fans, or one of the many billionaires with Buffalo ties will swoop in and save them by buying the team and keeping them in Buffalo. That new owner will also keep them making money without raising ticket prices to league averages, and spending to the cap each year

This multipost works well with your avatar, Dr. Manhattan.

the saints were off a short week after a PHYSICAL game against atlanta, on the road, and sitting guys like sproles, and evans. im not shocked their offense wasnt crisp.

Right - Sproles being out was a factor and coming off of the SF game. Still thought Brees would light them up but makes sense. I agree that pass they called when they were trying to run out the clock was ballsy - why risk the INT when only up 4? But that is what Payton does and it worked. If you have Brees, you can do that.

Right - Sproles being out was a factor and coming off of the SF game. Still thought Brees would light them up but makes sense. I agree that pass they called when they were trying to run out the clock was ballsy - why risk the INT when only up 4? But that is what Payton does and it worked. If you have Brees, you can do that.

Agreed. If Brees throws a pick there, you chalk it up to a 1 in 1,000 shot and move on.

This is a game that the Bills should win with almost everyone healthy, but the Falcons should not be taken lightly. They have their problems but played pretty good last night and are a dome team playing the Bills at a neutral site dome. Both teams coming off of an extended break; should not be a factor.

Appeared to be a lot of Saints fans there.

It was about 70% full maybe 80% at the mid point of second quarter(usually when the max amount of fans are at the game). Of that i would say the breakdown was pretty much 50/50 ATL and NO. It was not a very lively bunch either way.

NO always wants to beat ATL and the fact they sat a couple guys like Sproiles i am sure played into it. But i think it was more about ATL trying to rally around Smith at home on National TV game against their rivals. Atl gave NO all they had, it just wa snot enough.

Personally i think the Bills have a much better D then the Saints do. The style of D is similar, but i think the Bills have better talent. Byrd should have a big game if the boys up front are doing their jobs. i see no reason why the front four should not have a field day. Hughes could be the guy to also have a big game. I am sure the Falcons will key on M Williams, leaving the other side more open.

This is a game the Bills need to win. Not just because it keeps the playoff hopes alive but because the Bills right now are a better team then ATL is. Get two wins in a row and build a little confidence.

It was about 70% full maybe 80% at the mid point of second quarter(usually when the max amount of fans are at the game). Of that i would say the breakdown was pretty much 50/50 ATL and NO. It was not a very lively bunch either way.

NO always wants to beat ATL and the fact they sat a couple guys like Sproiles i am sure played into it. But i think it was more about ATL trying to rally around Smith at home on National TV game against their rivals. Atl gave NO all they had, it just wa snot enough.

Personally i think the Bills have a much better D then the Saints do. The style of D is similar, but i think the Bills have better talent. Byrd should have a big game if the boys up front are doing their jobs. i see no reason why the front four should not have a field day. Hughes could be the guy to also have a big game. I am sure the Falcons will key on M Williams, leaving the other side more open.

This is a game the Bills need to win. Not just because it keeps the playoff hopes alive but because the Bills right now are a better team then ATL is. Get two wins in a row and build a little confidence.

Instead of Hughes I think you meant Lawson. Personally, I agree with our D-Line's philosophy. When one person gets a sack, they all feel they got a sack. No matter who gets the credit, I want to see sacks, QB hits and QB hurries from the D-Line.

They have 2 wins and absolutely nothing to play for. No excuses in week 13.

That's how I feel too.... but Steelers also only had 2 wins and they were talking about trading Roth and who they were going to draft before the game.... we got there and played flat (and according to John Murphy both teams came out really flat as was atmosphere compared to what you normally see at Heinz Field. So that is why I always fear the worst. If they don't win this game, not only would they eliminated mathematically but they would not deserve to still be in the race.