Greg Cosell: "Glennon is best QB in rookie class and it is not eve

YoloinOhio

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's early, but Glennon looks great today.

8TDs without throwing an Interception...That is impressive for a rookie who has been inserted in the midst of a turmoil. Glennon was considered a sleeper pick in this draft. With the low expectation, Glennon has played pressure-free and mistake free football unlike Geno and EJ.

Right on, kas23.

Geno wilted again in bad weather. Playing true to form.

it was actually the bowl game in NYC last year (Yankee Stadium) against Syracuse, with snow and wind, that convinced me he wasn't the guy for Buffalo . . . up to that time, I was all for him. I came away from that game questioning if he could handle the elements, so far he hasn't handle them, nor NFL Defenses.

8TDs without throwing an Interception...That is impressive for a rookie who has been inserted in the midst of a turmoil. Glennon was considered a sleeper pick in this draft. With the low expectation, Glennon has played pressure-free and mistake free football unlike Geno and EJ.

You're right about Geno. However, EJ has 6 total turnovers (4 ints and a 2 lost fumbles). Glennon has 5 (4 ints and 1 lost fumble).

I'll admit I'm shocked Glennon is playing this well. But it's still so early and it's impossible to make any definitive judgments yet. I do think some fans underestimate how much missing 2 weeks of your first training camp and a month of your rookie season can effect your development.

Also, it's pretty hilarious how many people wanted to call EJ a bust after the Pittsburgh game. Do people realize his numbers are superior to the next great QB Andrew Luck's rookie year numbers? http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14874/andrew-luck Folks need to settle down.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Agreed... and was able to sit behind Freeman and then "save the day" once he was sent packing. I like Glennon so far... not sure about his ceiling but for a rookie 3rd rounder he has certainly made a positive difference for his team and avoided the big mistakes. The challenge for him, as it with most rookies who start well, will be once teams have a lot of film on him and how he stays ahead of that.

You're right about Geno. However, EJ has 6 total turnovers (4 ints and a 2 lost fumbles). Glennon has 5 (4 ints and 1 lost fumble).

I'll admit I'm shocked Glennon is playing this well. But it's still so early and it's impossible to make any definitive judgments yet. I do think some fans underestimate how much missing 2 weeks of your first training camp and a month of your rookie season can effect your development.

They were just talking about this on Mike & Mike in regards to RG3 and how he misses so much "QB development" time between last year and this year because he had to focus so much on rehabbing his knee. I think that, to a lesser degree obviously, you can apply that to part of EJ's season as well.

Agreed... and was able to sit behind Freeman and then "save the day" once he was sent packing. I like Glennon so far... not sure about his ceiling but for a rookie 3rd rounder he has certainly made a positive difference for his team and avoided the big mistakes. The challenge for him, as it with most rookies who start well, will be once teams have a lot of film on him and how he stays ahead of that.

They were just talking about this on Mike & Mike in regards to RG3 and how he misses so much "QB development" time between last year and this year because he had to focus so much on rehabbing his knee. I think that, to a lesser degree obviously, you can apply that to part of EJ's season as well.

Folks need to see Cam Newton this year. Even the stud rookies from last year have regressed. Playing QB in the NFL is the hardest job in sports. Why people expect rookies to light up the NFL from the jump is beyond me.

Folks need to see Cam Newton this year. Even the stud rookies from last year have regressed. Playing QB in the NFL is the hardest job in sports. Why people expect rookies to light up the NFL from the jump is beyond me.

Cam took a big step back last year (his 2nd yr) because defenses caught up to him, IMO. He was able to make plays with his sheer athletic ability and a simple offense his 1st year. He was usually the best athlete on the field. The next year, defenses caught up to him and he hadn't gotten the mental part down yet, and he couldn't just survive on his talent. In his 3rd year, he is putting it all together. I don't know how originally said this but I have always agreed, an NFL QB is what he is by Year 3. Not game 3, game 6, or Year 1. I agree with the Jets keeping Geno in there too... they need to see if he can improve/develop or not. Putting him on the bench will not help.

Cam took a big step back last year (his 2nd yr) because defenses caught up to him, IMO. He was able to make plays with his sheer athletic ability and a simple offense his 1st year. He was usually the best athlete on the field. The next year, defenses caught up to him and he hadn't gotten the mental part down yet, and he couldn't just survive on his talent. In his 3rd year, he is putting it all together. I don't know how originally said this but I have always agreed, an NFL QB is what he is by Year 3. Not game 3, game 6, or Year 1. I agree with the Jets keeping Geno in there too... they need to see if he can improve/develop or not. Putting him on the bench will not help.

Agree 100%. You will have a good indictation by year 3. The key is to have a good idea by the second year so you can make a backup plan if they flop. The Chargers did this with Rivers and Brees.

Also, it's pretty hilarious how many people wanted to call EJ a bust after the Pittsburgh game. Do people realize his numbers are superior to the next great QB Andrew Luck's rookie year numbers? http://espn.go.com/n...874/andrew-luck Folks need to settle down.

One of the reasons for the success of Glennon could be the presence of Vincent Jackson. VJ is an awesome football player with immense talent. He is a prime time player and I think him being on the field has got to be a big help for Glennon.

The question will be: Can Glennon withstand the fierce pass rush from our front four. Our front seven is playing the best now.

Wrong. Russell Wilson is playing very well. No drop off at all.

Also, it's pretty hilarious how many people wanted to call EJ a bust after the Pittsburgh game. Do people realize his numbers are superior to the next great QB Andrew Luck's rookie year numbers? http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14874/andrew-luck Folks need to settle down.

Ok, CB, I'll buy this. But THAT game was SO bad, it still has a lingering nasty aftertaste.. After so many years of mediocre to out-right BAD QB play here, I'm not happy with a guy who may eventually evolve into a 'game-manager'.. I still support drafting a QB early next year.

Ok, CB, I'll buy this. But THAT game was SO bad, it still has a lingering nasty aftertaste.. After so many years of mediocre to out-right BAD QB play here, I'm not happy with a guy who may eventually evolve into a 'game-manager'.. I still support drafting a QB early next year.

Both Rothelisberger and Brady were game managers in their first season in the NFL as they guided their teams to the playoffs behind a strong defense and good special teams play. While EJ never may not become anywhere close to Big Ben or Tom Brady, I think he could definitely win the game for us by not making mistakes. In fact, if the Bills had stopped making critical mistakes, we could have won the games against Cleveland, Kansas City and New York Jets

This. Worst case, we end up with a Rivers/Brees situation. Considering there's been precisely one franchise QB in the team's entire history, a Brees/Rivers situation doesn't look so bad! :)