Greg Cosell: "Glennon is best QB in rookie class and it is not eve

YoloinOhio

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV 2013 23 BUF QB 3 7 7 3-4-0 127 217 58.5 1385 8 3.7 4 1.8 45 6.4 6.3 10.9 197.9 82.1 44.84 17 97 5.50 5.42 7.3 1 1

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV 2013 24 TAM QB 8 7 7 2-5-0 154 248 62.1 1535 11 4.4 4 1.6 59 6.2 6.4 10.0 219.3 87.7 45.49 17 139 5.27 5.42 6.4 1 1

Here is the comparison, each has played 7 games. It will be an interesting matchup when the Bills go to Tampa.

Awesome, I feel vindicated Lol. Check my posts from the fall of 2012 and i was head of the Glennon bandwagon wanting the Bills to draft him early.

I was high on Glennon as well. Too many ppl were down on him based on his bowl game performance which was most likely the only game they even saw him play

I have no clue who Cosell is.

I am nit sure what track record he has with QB or player analysis.

But to the OP, yes him sayin gone bad game could change everything makes him sound like a 'shock' type of guy.

How can you say one guy is by far better, but give the disclaimer of a bad game changing everything.

Honestly he does not sound very credible to me

i dont see why a "so far hes been the best, but with a rookie that can change quick" assessment isnt credible.

you guys wanna talk about these mobile quarterback, Marino had less than a hundred yards rushing for his career. let's see how many of those running quarterbacks won the Superbowl - Doug Williams, and maybe I'll give you a half a point for Steve Young.

Doug Williams was a running QB? I remember him to be a pocket passer. Roger Staubach was mobile QB that won 2 SBs and lost 1/2 as many as Jim Kelly.

But I think you are talking about run heavy QBs such as Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, and Cam Newton. However if 49ers had run that power sweep with Colin at the end of the game they probably would have won.

However, I agree. Give me an accurate pocket passer that can float in the pocket to avoid pressure all day long over one of the fancy new fangled running QBs.

I take all these so called experts with a grain of salt. If they know so much how come they are not coaches or scouts? I could go on the radio or write something that sounds good and say that I am an expert but that doesn't mean I know everything about football. Most of these guys are nothing but phonies or just plain con men who make a living selling snake oil.

IMHO most fans know as much about football as these "experts" do.

I do agree though that Glennon appears to be the best rookie QB so far.

Well if Greg Cosell says it, it must be true. :rolleyes:

7 games. I both love and hate the sports media. IT's amazing how much coverage we get but the overreaction to everything is insane. I'm pretty sure Ryan Leaf started like 4-0 or something. So probably after 7 games, there was a Cosell saying he was better than Peyton.

I feel bad but I totally agree. He is a goofy mofo. I struggled to ever see him being an elite guy who does commercials. EJ at least looks like he could do an endorsement.

Leaf beat the Bills. The Bills fell far behind with RJ playing QB. Flutie came in & almost rallied them to victory except for our K missing a chip shot .

I think that was the beginning of Flutie being the starter.

Tampa Bay is currently 2-8. their first win of the season came two weeks ago against Miami 22-19 where Glennon was 11-21 for 139 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.

Do the Bills have a WR as good as 6'5'' 230 lb Vincent Jackson?

Tampa Bay is 30th in passing offense. The "Muscle Hamster" is out on IR, and so is his backup. But the 3rd string RB just ran for 30 rushes for 169 yards, 2 TD's, & WR Vincent Jackson 10 catches for 165 yards 1 TD against that Falcons defense.

I like EJ far more, even when his two primary wideouts are out and injured. :D

Tampa Bay is currently 2-8. their first win of the season came two weeks ago against Miami 22-19 where Glennon was 11-21 for 139 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.

Do the Bills have a WR as good as 6'5'' 230 lb Vincent Jackson?

Tampa Bay is 30th in passing offense. The "Muscle Hamster" is out on IR, and so is his backup. But the 3rd string RB just ran for 30 rushes for 169 yards, 2 TD's, & WR Vincent Jackson 10 catches for 165 yards 1 TD against that Falcons defense.

I like EJ far more, even when his two primary wideouts are out and injured. :D

The Falcons are just god awful on D...potentially worse than we were last year

What I haven't seen anyone mention is that Glennon looks dorky. He could never be the face of a franchise.

I have to admit, I was against the Bills drafting Glennon for that reason alone. He just doesn't look like a football player. I thought the same thing about the Adam Sandler look-alike who played QB for the Bills a few years ago. Flame away.