Thanksgiving Plans

Lt. Dan's Revenge

We're about a week out from my favorite day of the year. Not to mention exactly a week away from one of the best drinking nights of the year :beer:

What is everyone doing for the Holiday this year? Going out of town to see family? Friends/family coming into your neck of the woods to see you? Football games in the morning? Any exciting things on the menus?

I have the same routine each year on Thanksgiving and I wouldn't have it any other way - I will be meeting up with a large group of friends and family at a local pub on Wednesday night for some adult beverages and good conversation, meeting back at up at about 9 am the next morning with about 25 people for a big flag football game at my childhood home (With a huge hangover), and then will immediately begin nothing but eating, drinking and watching football with family for the rest of the day.

What does everyone have on tap for next week? Whatever it is, I hope it is a great holiday for all!

We seem to do something different every year. This year, I couldn't be happier. It's just my wife, my son and myself. My three most favorite people on earth!

Normally, we either go to another family member's or have family at our house.

My son and I are volunteering, from 9a-noon, to deliver meals to the needy. It's called, "The Hometown Thanksgiving," and it's put on by a local church (that we don't go to).

I've never looked forward to a Thanksgiving more than this one.

I hope everyone has a great holiday, too!

my favorite time of the year for sure...

this sunday: pre thanksgiving meal at our house with my sister and brother in law and their kids, we do this as tradition the weekend before since we do different things for Thanksgiving, my wife is making roasted veggies, chipotle mashed sweet potatos, and cornbread stuffing and I grill a couple big turkey breasts

wednesday night is meet with out of town family at restaurant/bar for dinner and lots of drinks

thursday - my wife and I run in the Turkey Trot (longest annual running race in America) 8k, then lunch at my wifes mothers house with her family, and then dinner at my wifes aunts with the other side of the family (divorce)....and this year my Mom and dad will be coming up to join in the festivities, usually they stay back in my hometown with the rest of my family, so it will be extra special this year

LOVE thanksgiving, and then the weekend after is full of christmas decorating/movies and music...booo yaaaaaa

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and yours, be safe and stuff your face!

We're about a week out from my favorite day of the year. Not to mention exactly a week away from one of the best drinking nights of the year :beer:

What is everyone doing for the Holiday this year? Going out of town to see family? Friends/family coming into your neck of the woods to see you? Football games in the morning? Any exciting things on the menus?

I have the same routine each year on Thanksgiving and I wouldn't have it any other way - I will be meeting up with a large group of friends and family at a local pub on Wednesday night for some adult beverages and good conversation, meeting back at up at about 9 am the next morning with about 25 people for a big flag football game at my childhood home (With a huge hangover), and then will immediately begin nothing but eating, drinking and watching football with family for the rest of the day.

What does everyone have on tap for next week? Whatever it is, I hope it is a great holiday for all!

I'll see you at the pub. Maybe a couple two, three Jamo's.

Wednesday wings with my brother in laws kids at our house, then Thanksgiving day we fly down to South Carolina to spend the weekend with our daughter and the USC/Clemson game on Saturday. Heading back on Sunday.

Have fun at the game! One of the most underrated rivalries in college football. Should be a good one.

The extended family is delaying things until mid-December. My niece is expected back from her Afghan deployment. Thought about making the red-eye run to Buffalo to see UB/BGSU Friday then UB/Binghamton bball Saturday. Might be a last minute decision.

Working at the Texas Longhorns/Texas Tech Red Raiders game from 5am-7:30pm...not my ideal way to spend the holiday, but at about $25 an hour (holiday rate!) I can't afford to pass it up...cold leftofvers when I get home!

Nice deal. Hard to pass on that. What do you do there? Wife and myself work the Goodguy Car show's out here 4 times a year. I think it works out to 20$ a hour but it is for the weekend. 5am to 6.30pm. Not a great way to spend the weekend but the extra cash comes in handy. Edited by Dante

We've hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house the past five years for my wife's side of the family. We'd put two big birds on the rotisserie, do stuffing and sweet potatoes, and then everyone else would bring their own side dishes, desert, bread, etc.

It is a ton of work on my end, and every year as it approaches, I dread the effort it's going to take and silently wish that someone would do it at their house for just one year.

This year I got my wish. My wife's aunt is doing it at her house in Hemet.

I'd rather hold it at my house once a month than go to Hemet.

So be careful what you wish for as you will surely get it.

We've hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house the past five years for my wife's side of the family. We'd put two big birds on the rotisserie, do stuffing and sweet potatoes, and then everyone else would bring their own side dishes, desert, bread, etc.

It is a ton of work on my end, and every year as it approaches, I dread the effort it's going to take and silently wish that someone would do it at their house for just one year.

This year I got my wish. My wife's aunt is doing it at her house in Hemet.

I'd rather hold it at my house once a month than go to Hemet.

So be careful what you wish for as you will surely get it.

Hey, John from Hemet takes offense to that. lol

As far as me we go over my sister's house for Thanksgiving. My mom cooks a turkey in the oven & my brother -in-law deeps fries a turkey also. My friends & I used to do the going out Wednesday night & playing football in the morning but that stopped about 7-8 years ago after we would all be sore for the next few weeks & we all started having kids. I miss those days, that used to be a fun time. Friday I am working from home which is to say I will just have to monitor my emails throughout the day as I expect it to be pretty slow so I plan on watching some football/college basketball & drinking some beer & then on Saturday I am going up to Wild Wings with a few of my friends & we will watch some more college football. Some great rival games on that day. Should be a fun weekend.

Hey, John from Hemet takes offense to that. lol

As far as me we go over my sister's house for Thanksgiving. My mom cooks a turkey in the oven & my brother -in-law deeps fries a turkey also. My friends & I used to do the going out Wednesday night & playing football in the morning but that stopped about 7-8 years ago after we would all be sore for the next few weeks & we all started having kids. I miss those days, that used to be a fun time. Friday I am working from home which is to say I will just have to monitor my emails throughout the day as I expect it to be pretty slow so I plan on watching some football/college basketball & drinking some beer & then on Saturday I am going up to Wild Wings with a few of my friends & we will watch some more college football. Some great rival games on that day. Should be a fun weekend.

Same here(well I don't have any kids), some of my funnest times ever were the first few years after high school where everybody comes back into town for Thanksgiving and everybody would head out to the bars and it was just a big party. Don't get me wrong the older you get the easier it is to leave people and things in the past and move forward with your own life but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss those times. As far as the turkey bowls, it is just about impossible to find anybody my age willing to go outside and play a game of pickup football nowadays

Same here(well I don't have any kids), some of my funnest times ever were the first few years after high school where everybody comes back into town for Thanksgiving and everybody would head out to the bars and it was just a big party. Don't get me wrong the older you get the easier it is to leave people and things in the past and move forward with your own life but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss those times. As far as the turkey bowls, it is just about impossible to find anybody my age willing to go outside and play a game of pickup football nowadays

Haha, I hear ya. After college about 8 of us would get together every Wednesdaqy night in the fall(all of us went to high school together) & we used to play football. My friend had a pretty big back yard & he rigged up all these construction lights & we would play under the lights. Usually it was 4 on 4 or 5 on 5. We would uaully play right up until Christmas & then the ground would usually be too wet. Losers would have to buy the beer that night. We would play to about 10 or so & then drink in his backyard for a few hours. We were all in our early 20s. We did this to we were in our early 30's & then it just got be too tough with families/kids & such. Man, those were good days. I miss them. In alot of ways, getting old sucks.