Jets @ Bills Week 11 - Talk about it here

YoloinOhio

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was channel surfing last night and ended up on a Jets homer show on MSG I think and they were talking about Sundays game. Of course all the Jets homers pick the Jets to win "easily" (struck me as funny because they sounded like a lot of posters here last week before the Stillers game :) ). Their reasoning being all the Bills can do is run, and the only reason they ran successfully in the first game was due to missed tackles by Jets defenders (and showed examples). So assuming the Jets tackle correctly this time, easy Jets win.

Then the place I had lunch today had ESPN on and they were talking about the game as well. They also picked the Jets unanimously. Their reasoning was it is going to be a defense dominated game on both sides and be low scoring. EJ Manuel can't pass well to begin with, and add to that the fact that Woods and SJ13 were out means the Bills would have to run. Ryan knowing this stops the run and the Bills struggle to score. The Jets manage to score a little and win the game.

The Jets homers were funny and it is easy to discount them. But what the ESPN guys said seemed accurate to me. I guess we will need some good breaks and a pic-6 or two from the D.

Geno won't have to. We'll get pounded on the ground by the Jets OL (even their no-name RB's will gash us) , then our CB's will get torched by Hill/ Holmes. Geno will only have to complete about 15-18 passes.

The Bills supposedly have a great running game and superior RB's. Are you ceding that "advantage" to the Jets just because they have a good run D? Isn't part of being a good running team being able to run against the better run D"s? Can we only run effectively against bad teams? This game will come down to the run. If we cannot run, we have NO chance to pass. It will be 3rd and longs all day with no top WR's to move the chains. The Bills don't have the passing game to break down the Jets blitzes/CB's. No big WR's that get separation, inexperienced QB. The Jets are a good example of how being strong in other areas can mask a rookie QB. The Bills are not there yet.

more often than not, the run game comes down to "who wants it more?" Pitt wasn't supposed to be a good run D, but they looked like they were last week. On the other hand, the bills have run the ball against some very good Ds. So I guess I'm saying it's a toss up--I don't know if they'll be able to. I am pretty sure EJ will have a couple opps to go deep, and the game will depend on him hitting those.

I am not looking forward to this game. Win or lose, I think it's going to be a boring game. And yet I will not and cannot miss a second of it. Sad.

I will be right with ya brother. What's truly sad is I saw a graphic yesterday for the wildcard...Jets all by themselves in last spot with 5 wins. My first thought was we win Sunday, only a game out that spot. And I believe it!

Several Bills fans wearing Bills stuff (along with me) on the flight up to BUF! Meeting some college buddies who are are also flying in for the game. Two Bills fans & two Jets fans.,,.c'mon Bills

Edited by Mr Info

I am not looking forward to this game. Win or lose, I think it's going to be a boring game. And yet I will not and cannot miss a second of it. Sad.

Yea, I hear ya bro. I may actually miss some of it if it isn't raining but yea, you sound about as sick as a whole bunch of us and I mean that in a good way !