This is why Marrone will make us a winner

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I showed my girlfriend the video right after I saw it and I got excited. I told her this is why I love Marrone. But she obviously didn't see it my way. All she heard was I'm not going to pet my dog and said, what did the dog do to him? Women...

my wife felt he was being self indulgent...on further review, she's probably correct.

@BB, I liked the post game presser. But that doesn't absolve Marrone. Things are not different under Marrone. 3-6 ain't different. Marrone has a good quality roster. Where are the W's?

The key component missing on this roster is a NFL ready QB. It is on Marrone and the front office for going into the season without a plan B QB. To think that you are going to be a winning organization with a rookie UFDA as your backup is crazy. I get it that Kolb was supposed to address this situation but once he went down the Bills should have had a better handle on alternatives.

I think Marrone gets a mulligan for this season as he should. However, a step, a big step forward next year is absolutely mandatory. This franchise must work to improve the QB situation. Even with EJ on the roster I would advocate that the bills think long and hard about drafting another QB in the first round and then look to a veteran option at the position. Let all of them compete and may the best one play.

The above is not a slam on EJ, Thad or Tuel. Rather, it is a recognition that this is a QB driven league. If you do not have one it is hard to win consistently.

They put the kid in a position to fail and that's what happened. A couple weeks ago he gets replaced by PS player Lewis after a bad showing in 2nd half loss to Cleveland and now all of a sudden they have 'faith' enough to call on him to throw the ball 30+ times? On the other side of the coin they've kept the chain on EJ tight with his starts? Puzzling..

I wholeheartedly agree.

This loss, like many others falls on the shoulders of Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett!! 39 passing attempts in his first NFL start for a kid who won 6 out of 22 college games.

BTW Hackett had EJ throw 42 attempts against the Jets in that loss. Last year I thought nobody could be worse then Chan Gailey at calling plays. Man, was I wrong!

my wife felt he was being self indulgent...on further review, she's probably correct.

I see who wears the pants in your family. Just kidding around. I can see why she would say that and me personally, I don't take a rough game out on my dog. My dog is responsible for the good plays that we do cuz I congratulate him after a TD, sack on defense etc. But if we mess up it's not his fault. But that's me.

What I like from Marrone is just the fact that he has some type of emotion. Would you rather Jauron with his cryptkeeper stare saying it's hard to win in the NFL? Gailey had emotion too but it was like an old person emotion. Kind of like if your Dad or Grandad gets very upset and you want them to calm down and not stress themselves out. I didn't want Gailey to have a heart attack.

I liked the post game interview from Marrone, cuz even though his dog is going to be sad, it just shows SOME type of emotion and very similar to how most of us have felt one day or another after a Bills loss...

Ben Franklin said "well done" is better than "well said". In short, everybody should be fed up with the 13 years of lip service. Winners win and losers lose. We are losers- plain and simple. It is going to take a lot more than words to change the culture. Bottom line we are 3-6- enough crap about we could be 7-2 or 8-1, we are 3 and 6 period. Now stop with the tough talk and go win.

This - and the last 13 years does not happen by bad luck. It all starts at the top. We have an absentee (virtually dead) owner who never recieved much respect in this league, a "CEO" who has no business running a billion dollar entity, a young GM, and a rookie coach. We are out claseed from the top to the bottom.

Those are the facts folk, plain and simple. 13 years of lip service with nothing to show for it where it counts- on the win side Excuse followed by excuse, followed by blame for injuries, bad calls, when the bye weeks fall, toughness of schedule.

I ask the question, if the Bills had paid for a real coach like Andy Reid and had a real owner, what do you think our record would be.

The key component missing on this roster is a NFL ready QB. It is on Marrone and the front office for going into the season without a plan B QB. To think that you are going to be a winning organization with a rookie UFDA as your backup is crazy. I get it that Kolb was supposed to address this situation but once he went down the Bills should have had a better handle on alternatives.

I think Marrone gets a mulligan for this season as he should. However, a step, a big step forward next year is absolutely mandatory. This franchise must work to improve the QB situation. Even with EJ on the roster I would advocate that the bills think long and hard about drafting another QB in the first round and then look to a veteran option at the position. Let all of them compete and may the best one play.

The above is not a slam on EJ, Thad or Tuel. Rather, it is a recognition that this is a QB driven league. If you do not have one it is hard to win consistently.

Bottom line... the Bills will be the Bills until they get a top tier QB. I agree, keep drafting until you get one. I like EJ, like many do, but at this point, he's very much unproven. There's little reason to believe he's our franchise QB, until he actually proves it week in and week out.

Until he does, or someone else does, we'll see more of the games we saw yesterday.

I see who wears the pants in your family. Just kidding around. I can see why she would say that and me personally, I don't take a rough game out on my dog. My dog is responsible for the good plays that we do cuz I congratulate him after a TD, sack on defense etc. But if we mess up it's not his fault. But that's me.

What I like from Marrone is just the fact that he has some type of emotion. Would you rather Jauron with his cryptkeeper stare saying it's hard to win in the NFL? Gailey had emotion too but it was like an old person emotion. Kind of like if your Dad or Grandad gets very upset and you want them to calm down and not stress themselves out. I didn't want Gailey to have a heart attack.

I liked the post game interview from Marrone, cuz even though his dog is going to be sad, it just shows SOME type of emotion and very similar to how most of us have felt one day or another after a Bills loss...

i like him too. he has room for improvement though. everyone does. the rant was ok with me. now if he beat his dog or made it wear stupid halloween costumes, that i wouldn't like at all. i hated jauron and gailey. even now, i envision clowns when typing their names. jauron , more like one of those weird, creepy clowns.

“I’ll tell you this, I think Doug (Marrone) is a heck of a coach,” said Chiefs head coach Andy Reid. “He’s got a great staff and I knew they had a great defense coming in. If not the best one we’ve played thus far, surely one of the best ones. So I knew everybody was going to have to contribute, both sides of the ball and special teams. Everybody did that.”

:thumbsup:

Truth is, If Marrone was such a great coach, I don't think we'd be sitting here 3-6. Granted, the QB situation has played a huge part, but whos fault is that? Why was Tuel your back up quarterback going into the Browns game? Why did they chuck the ball 40 times with him yesterday?

I'll believe it when I actually see the W's. All this talk is just that....talk.

I agree 100%. I'll add that we are not losing these games because we don't have good enough players. We're right in the game but always, often as decided by Coach Marrone, we do something dumb causing us to lose. Letting your rookie QB in his first NFL start throw from an empty backfield shotgun pass when Fred may have gotten the TD and a FG puts us by 10. Going for it on 4th and 1 in the first half when we could have tied it with a FG. Not having a backup QB ready to go vs the Clowns. Kolb's injury was 6 weeks before that game.

It looks like the same old thing to me. Play teams in close hard fought games only to figure out a new way to lose it.

It'll look different to me, you know, when it is different. ie. Ws.

Edited by reddogblitz

I agree 100%. I'll add that we are not losing these games because we don't have good enough players. We're right in the game but always, often as decided by Coach Marrone, we do something dumb causing us to lose. Letting your rookie QB in his first NFL start throw from an empty backfield shotgun pass when Fred may have gotten the TD and a FG puts us by 10. Going for it on 4th and 1 in the first half when we could have tied it with a FG. Not having a backup QB ready to go vs the Clowns. Kolb's injury was 6 weeks before that game.

It looks like the same old thing to me. Play teams in close hard fought games only to figure out a new way to lose it.

It'll look different to me, you know, when it is different. ie. Ws.

The last 2 posters have been spot on. Marrone I may add, went 25-25 in college. Big deal. That sucks. So far, we see a .500 level college coach performing worse in the pros .333. It's almost as if Chan Gailey developed a NY accent & grew some hair. This team flat sucks right now.

Look at the best coaches of the past decade: Bill Belichick & Sean Payton. They want to win so bad. You can tell how much a L pisses them off on the sideline. I don't get that with Marrone.

Yes, Belichick is the epitome of fire and emotional outbursts on the sideline, fire Marrone now!!!

BB, you know i dont often agree with you, but here i do. that was a tough matchup in the nfl with a starting qb on your roster. its a bit tougher when that starter is a rookie like EJ. its certainly not easy when its your backup (but wait, he was hurt too!), and when your third stringer comes in hes not going to have a great record (but 1-2 with a win against a division rival isnt shameful). When you get to your 4th... we played well, and i dont doubt this team will be ready to fight again next week. hopefully as the talent at qb comes back up with healthy players getting in the mix, we see the end results improve too.

Yes!!! I knew we could do it :worthy: :worthy:

Too many people on here act like we should be winning already when they fail to realize this is his 1st year not 3rd or 4rth along with new systems, coaches and players. I want to win as much as the next guy but we all need to be realistic about it.

I think Marrone gets a mulligan for this season as he should. However, a step, a big step forward next year is absolutely mandatory.

This franchise must work to improve the QB situation. Even with EJ on the roster I would advocate that the bills think long and hard about drafting another QB in the first round and then look to a veteran option at the position. Let all of them compete and may the best one play.

Absolutely!

Too many people on here act like we should be winning already when they fail to realize this is his 1st year not 3rd or 4rth along with new systems, coaches and players. I want to win as much as the next guy but we all need to be realistic about it.

Count me as one of the "too many people". The Chiefs are in the first year of any Reid's system and they're 9-0 and beat us by 10 points on Sunday. The first year Hardball was coach of the 49ers they made it to playoffs.

I won't make excuses for Marrone. He was hired to make us win games. He ain't doing it. Maybe he will. I hope so.

I think Marrone gets a mulligan for this season as he should.

I'm not giving him a mulligan this season. I'll cut him some slack on the 1st half of the season due to injuries and the QB situation but there's no reason to give him a mulligan on the 2nd half. I want to see some improvement and more consistency from all units. I want to see more than 3 wins. The team is healthy and the schedule is relatively easy - let's see some wins. Go 4-3 in the last 7 with most/all the games being well played/competitive and I'll say it's a season to build on - particularly if EJ shows improvement.

Truth is, If Marrone was such a great coach, I don't think we'd be sitting here 3-6. Granted, the QB situation has played a huge part, but whos fault is that?

Personnel problems are now Marrone's fault? Nobody knows how much input he has so laying that at his feet is a bit unfair.

I showed my girlfriend the video right after I saw it and I got excited. I told her this is why I love Marrone. But she obviously didn't see it my way. All she heard was I'm not going to pet my dog and said, what did the dog do to him? Women...

time to dump her