This is why Marrone will make us a winner

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

And I heard the Steelers say this back in 2010 when we took them to overtime and nearly beat them, but of course we lost. I also heard Tomlinson say something similar about us in 2008 when we beat the Chargers to start out the season 4-1 of which we only won 3 more games after that. He also said we were a good team back in 2011 after we lost to the Jets as the season spiraled to a 1-7 finish.

Truth is, If Marrone was such a great coach, I don't think we'd be sitting here 3-6. Granted, the QB situation has played a huge part, but whos fault is that? Why was Tuel your back up quarterback going into the Browns game? Why did they chuck the ball 40 times with him yesterday?

I'll believe it when I actually see the W's. All this talk is just that....talk.

Couldn't agree more. Many of those games were very winnable this year with No Colin Brown at LG for 5 games, and a decent NFL veteran backup QB.

I agree 100%. I'll add that we are not losing these games because we don't have good enough players. We're right in the game but always, often as decided by Coach Marrone, we do something dumb causing us to lose. Letting your rookie QB in his first NFL start throw from an empty backfield shotgun pass when Fred may have gotten the TD and a FG puts us by 10. Going for it on 4th and 1 in the first half when we could have tied it with a FG. Not having a backup QB ready to go vs the Clowns. Kolb's injury was 6 weeks before that game.

It looks like the same old thing to me. Play teams in close hard fought games only to figure out a new way to lose it.

It'll look different to me, you know, when it is different. ie. Ws.

:thumbsup: That KC game was very winnable as the Bills D held the Chiefs to 3 FG's, and their QB to 124 yards passing.

The last 2 posters have been spot on. Marrone I may add, went 25-25 in college. Big deal. That sucks. So far, we see a .500 level college coach performing worse in the pros .333. It's almost as if Chan Gailey developed a NY accent & grew some hair. This team flat sucks right now.

:w00t: hilarious, and so true

Chan Gailey at least had an experienced NFL QB behind center when he called those moronic plays. You know, like the one where TJ Graham was the primary and Stevie Johnson stated after the game he didn't know why TJ was the primary because he had never run that play in practice.

39 passes for Jeff Tuel when the Bills run game was dominating was flat out moronic, and so Gailey like. :bag:

On 3rd and goal you don't let the un drafted rookie QB throw it up for grabs and then blame him when he fails. Tuel won 4 of 26 starts in college. So yea, lets put the game in his hands :doh:

@BB, I liked the post game presser. But that doesn't absolve Marrone. Things are not different under Marrone. 3-6 ain't different. Marrone has a good quality roster. Where are the W's?

Good quality roster yes, but no one at the most important position on the field. Thad is nice, but he is a bottom 10 QB in the league. Tuel is just a disaster QB who played like one. And TJ's fumble was a great play by the KC player. EJ's injury was total rookie mistake on his part and cost us the difference between 5-4 and 3-6. They have played Cinci, Saints and KC ... hard to get much with bad to average qb play. Marrone is doing his part.