This Team Stinks

Storm Front

Today's game was tough to watch. I rarely get to watch the Bills play live on Sunday afternoons. I guess I am not missing anything. I'm not going to let them ruin any more Sunday's this season, though. The Chiefs weren't even that good yet they won by two scores. The Bills are just putrid.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's game was tough to watch. I rarely get to watch the Bills play live on Sunday afternoons. I guess I am not missing anything. I'm not going to let them ruin any more Sunday's this season, though. The Chiefs weren't even that good yet they won by two scores. The Bills are just putrid.

Hmm...OK, not sure we were watching the same game today

It pretty much is the "same old Bills" this year with the exception of Mike Pettine who has made the biggest difference...but we have regressed in other areas.

It pretty much is the "same old Bills" this year with the exception of Mike Pettine who has made the biggest difference...but we have regressed in other areas.

What areas have we regressed in? I actually find the Bills entertaining to watch, though the results have not been great. What do you expect with the parade of QB's we've had to start?

This team is way better than the underachieving slop we've trotted out the past few years. Believe it or not, we are much closer than you think.

What areas have we regressed in? I actually find the Bills entertaining to watch, though the results have not been great. What do you expect with the parade of QB's we've had to start?

This team is way better than the underachieving slop we've trotted out the past few years. Believe it or not, we are much closer than you think.

There entertaining because we keep games close because the defense is actually competent this year. However, the overall talent and coaching still is an issue as our divisional and overall record dictates this.

It's the same problems as previous years with injuries, can't win close games, no stability and question marks at the QB position. Problems with in game management. We won't even know what we have at QB going into next year (partially due to injuries of course).

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The Bills are more stupid than bad.

This one. For the second time this season, we failed to get in on first and goal from the one.

Not to mention, we're starting our FOURTH string quarterback - stupid announcers kept getting it wrong. Kolb, EJ, Thad, Tuel is 4.

This team may be 3-6, but they could easily be 6-3. They are prone to self-inflicted wounds that cost them; but give me a break. They have been in every game, save the Saints game, until the final few minutes. They are ultra-competitive. There's a great deal of promise here. People can rant about Marrone, Hackett, etc. But I give this staff a ton of credit- they have this team ready to play each week. Gailey's staff, on the other hand, paled in comparison. The organization screwed up when they let Tavaris Jackson go during the offseason; and they dropped the ball by keeping Tuel as the lone backup to Manuel at the start of the year. Nonetheless I like the direction they're going in. Just have to remain positive about it!

This one. For the second time this season, we failed to get in on first and goal from the one.

Not to mention, we're starting our FOURTH string quarterback - stupid announcers kept getting it wrong. Kolb, EJ, Thad, Tuel is 4.

4th option isn't 4th string. Tuel was benched after Cleveland, but he was #2 on the depth chart then. IRed players don't make the depth chart.

Pretty much agree with the OP. The new regime has not shown me anything to make me think that the culture of losing is gone from the organization. Right now, it's still the same old Bills. And it is very hard to watch....it's also very frustrating and disappointing. The turnovers, the penalties, the drops, the unsuccessful play calling, the bad throws, the getting screwed by the refs, the horrible clock management, the bad special teams play, etc., etc....they never seem to end.

Pretty much agree with the OP. The new regime has not shown me anything to make me think that the culture of losing is gone from the organization.

There's no such thing as a "culture of losing" in the NFL. There are teams with good quarterbacks, and teams with bad quarterbacks. We are a team that has had bad quarterbacks for about 13 years.

There's no such thing as a "culture of losing" in the NFL. There are teams with good quarterbacks, and teams with bad quarterbacks. We are a team that has had bad quarterbacks for about 13 years.

It helps when you draft a first round QB. Keep on drafting a QB for 13 years and I guarantee you'll find your guy.

LOL...there certainly is a culture of losing. You can easily see it HERE in these forums, such as when people predict/EXPECT the Bills to have turnovers and commit key mistakes. When those mistakes happen, many people just say, "we knew that was coming." And I have no doubt that this same defeatist attitude is in place for many of the Bills players. In reality, they would be even more likely than the fans to have this attitude because they get paid whether they win or lose. Do you find it odd how many times after a Bills' loss, players are laughing it up/joking around down on the field after the game. IOW, they don't seem to take a loss very hard....they really don't care too much.

And one more thing, teams have actually WON the Super Bowl with less than pro-bowl QBs....does Trent Dilfer ring a bell? How about Jeff Hostetler?

More than anything it is the front office. Jauron was a bad hire, the Gailey and Nix hires were just laughable, and even if Marrone and crew turn out ok, they still have to deal with the numbskulls in the front office. No excuse whatsoever for ending up with EJ and Tuel as your top 2 QBs. No T Jax would not turn the team into a Super Bowl contender, but he was there for not that much money, which they instead gave to Kolb, who is brittle as a banana dunked in liquid nitrogen. I understand the concept that releasing Fitz, another mediocre starter but capable backup, saved some cap room, but then you go into season 20M below the salary cap. They stick with just the 2 QBs and leave Thad Lewis, yet another decent backup, on the Practice Squad so you have no option other than Jeff Tuel to take over in the very winnable Cleveland game, well, it was winnable except you had to play Tuel, who likely would have trouble making another team's Practice Squad, let alone the active roster.

Of course, I guess why should the team care. You have plenty of fans shocked, just shocked that someone says that a 3-6 team sucks. Of course it sucks. 3-6 teams by definition suck. No playoffs in 14 years suck. 13 out of 14 years with a losing record sucks. The fact that it is the only team I will root for is what sucks the most. It's like having a child who really isn't a good kid. You have to love them, you want to see the bright side of everything, you think it will be different this time, but at the end you're just left with a rotten kid. Well, as Bills fans we are left with a team that sucks.

The Bills are more stupid than bad.

Unreal that 7 words can so solidly summarize the exact issues with this team. They are often excellent on defense. With a lawn chair in at qb, we held our own offensively against the undefeated (overrated or not) chiefs. Then, we decided we didn't really want to win and once again beat ourselves.

There entertaining because we keep games close because the defense is actually competent this year. However, the overall talent and coaching still is an issue as our divisional and overall record dictates this.

It's the same problems as previous years with injuries, can't win close games, no stability and question marks at the QB position. Problems with in game management. We won't even know what we have at QB going into next year (partially due to injuries of course).

Injuries? Would that be Marrone or Hackett's fault? What specific issue do you have with in game management?

Whether EJ is a franchise QB remains to be seen. This team reminds me of the one from 1987 when the team was young and lost so many close games. You have to admit the defense is getting better and more consistent each week, especially since so many injured players are coming back. When I watched todays game and it was three and out for the Chiefs on their first series I never worried much the rest of the game. Its the offense that is hard to watch. Too many missed chances, too many dropped passes, too many bone head interceptions or fumbles. If EJ is the man then there should be some wins in the next seven games. There are a lot of players drafted this year who are making contributions. I think the future may be bright. We will see.

I look forward to you not watching the rest of the season. Either you're a fan or you're not. Boston Red Sox fans have been through worse than us and look at them now.

Our time will come. But to say this "team" stinks is way over the top. I'm more excited watching the Bills this year than I was when we started the season 4-0 a few years back. There's so many exciting players on this team, it's just fun to watch.

Defense is 1 or 2 players away from being a top 5 defense. Offense is the reason we've lost every game except for the Saints game. But that's what we get for not having our starting QB in the game. Many good things to look forward to about this team and each week we've gone up against good and some great teams and have played them til the last minute (except the Saints game).

This "team" doesn't stink. A few players and a couple coaches maybe, but not the team...

I look forward to you not watching the rest of the season. Either you're a fan or you're not. Boston Red Sox fans have been through worse than us and look at them now.

Our time will come. But to say this "team" stinks is way over the top. I'm more excited watching the Bills this year than I was when we started the season 4-0 a few years back. There's so many exciting players on this team, it's just fun to watch.

Defense is 1 or 2 players away from being a top 5 defense. Offense is the reason we've lost every game except for the Saints game. But that's what we get for not having our starting QB in the game. Many good things to look forward to about this team and each week we've gone up against good and some great teams and have played them til the last minute (except the Saints game).

This "team" doesn't stink. A few players and a couple coaches maybe, but not the team...

This.

Well then put me in the 10 percentile.

We know most fan boards are loaded with the elite of the elite fans. Of course most TBDers fit the bill. I bet 90% of TBDers are agreeable with you. That's okay, we are here to talk you off the ledge, & to put the Kool Aid down.

Edited by BigCountryBills

see ya

Those 2-6 Giants don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 3-5 Rams don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 2-6 Falcons don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 3-5 Raiders don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 2-6 Steelers don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Ah, Bills bias. We only don't stink because we watch the games and see the flickers of hope. Every team has flickers of hope. Not every team has a good record.

Those 2-6 Giants don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 3-5 Rams don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 2-6 Falcons don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 3-5 Raiders don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Those 2-6 Steelers don't stink, maybe the coaches and QB, but they don't stink.

Ah, Bills bias. We only don't stink because we watch the games and see the flickers of hope. Every team has flickers of hope. Not every team has a good record.

This. Game over.

LOL...there certainly is a culture of losing. You can easily see it HERE in these forums, such as when people predict/EXPECT the Bills to have turnovers and commit key mistakes. When those mistakes happen, many people just say, "we knew that was coming." And I have no doubt that this same defeatist attitude is in place for many of the Bills players. In reality, they would be even more likely than the fans to have this attitude because they get paid whether they win or lose. Do you find it odd how many times after a Bills' loss, players are laughing it up/joking around down on the field after the game. IOW, they don't seem to take a loss very hard....they really don't care too much.

And one more thing, teams have actually WON the Super Bowl with less than pro-bowl QBs....does Trent Dilfer ring a bell? How about Jeff Hostetler?

I totally disagree. If you think any of the Bills players or coaches give even the slightest &@$! what is said on boards like this you're crazy. These guys are professional football players and want to perform and get paid as much as possible. Do you really think one of them would jeopardize this by thinking "oh, what's the use? We're going to lose anyway....".

And citing Hosstetler and Dilfer is obviously proving the exception to the rule, not the blue print for success.

This team may be 3-6, but they could easily be 6-3. They are prone to self-inflicted wounds that cost them; but give me a break. They have been in every game, save the Saints game, until the final few minutes. They are ultra-competitive. There's a great deal of promise here. People can rant about Marrone, Hackett, etc. But I give this staff a ton of credit- they have this team ready to play each week. Gailey's staff, on the other hand, paled in comparison. The organization screwed up when they let Tavaris Jackson go during the offseason; and they dropped the ball by keeping Tuel as the lone backup to Manuel at the start of the year. Nonetheless I like the direction they're going in. Just have to remain positive about it!

They could also easily be 0-9. They are what they are. 3-6, out of the playoff race before Veterans day once again.

There certainly IS, and it's the reason sports psychologists exist. Remember Yogi Bera "two thirds of the game is half-mental". Yes, having an elite QB has a lot to do with players believing they can respond to adversity and win. It's a lot easier to do that with a Tom Brady than a Tuel. But the Bills are doomed by mental mistakes caused by not believing in their QB.