Kubiak collapses at halftime

NoSaint

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the honest retort would be- if you found out your staff was dedicating 30% fewer hours to each week than anyone else would you be upset the first time they lost?

In a game designed for parity you have to struggle for every inch you can get on the field. It's one of the few unregulated areas to seek that tiny edge. Can't spend more, can't practice more but you can burn your own candle on both ends and in the middle trying to find anything you can.

Whats a shame is it is just a game - but when your the head coach with millions in pressure - it's not just a game anymore.... Kind of like a player being willing (or even be desperate to be able to) play hurt. The two areas that always leave me uncomfortable being a fan of the game, as it stops being a game.

NS you said it. We can all ramble on about "how it SHOULD be", but then it is, as it IS.. and we have to deal with it as such.

I am seeking to become a medical practitioner. After that happens, maybe I can be more of a voice about the well-being of these guys. until then, I appreciate everyone's concern and positive sentiments. It means so much more than "ooh my team is..."<--whatever.

~AS

Glad he's OK. I'm here in Houston and generally speaking, on most days (especially Mondays) he's public enemy number one (perhaps he and Schaub share that title). I was glad to see the amount of concern that fellow Houstonians displayed last night and today.

@NFL_ATL Texans officially announce Wade Phillips is interim head coach. Uncertain when Gary Kubiak will return.

was surprised how they downplayed it as he might be back in the morning during the game, but i guess its not crazy theyd err on the side of optimistic and positivity in that situation.

was surprised how they downplayed it as he might be back in the morning during the game, but i guess its not crazy theyd err on the side of optimistic and positivity in that situation.

An NFL HC job is far too stressful with with pressure and number of hours that need to be put in to come back from a stroke so soon.