Kubiak collapses at halftime

NoSaint

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, collinsworths 7am to 7pm idea (ie close doors to all staff overnight) would be nice, if remotely enforceable. It's depressing the volume of issues these guys have. They'd never slow down though.

In the last 2 years Sean Payton has a divorce, Andy Reid lost a son, philbin lost a son, foxs stuff this week, Kubiak just collapsed, jim harbaugh went into the hospital last year, mike smith was hospitalized -- and that's ignoring pagano -- and just who I remember offhand.....

Just seems like these guys could use some more low stress time with families.

Edited by NoSaint

Honestly, collinsworths 7am to 7pm idea (ie close doors to all staff overnight) would be nice, if remotely enforceable. It's depressing the volume of issues these guys have

In the last 2 years Sean Payton has a divorce, Andy Reid lost a son, philbin lost a son, foxs stuff this week, Kubiak just collapsed, jim harbaugh went into the hospital last year, mike smith was hospitalized -- and that's ignoring pagano -- and just who I remember offhand.....

Just seems like these guys could use some more low stress time with families.

Fans wouldn't allow it.

Something seriously criminal in that

honest question: do you really NEED that much preparation time for a football game?

I guess the honest retort would be- if you found out your staff was dedicating 30% fewer hours to each week than anyone else would you be upset the first time they lost?

In a game designed for parity you have to struggle for every inch you can get on the field. It's one of the few unregulated areas to seek that tiny edge. Can't spend more, can't practice more but you can burn your own candle on both ends and in the middle trying to find anything you can.

Whats a shame is it is just a game - but when your the head coach with millions in pressure - it's not just a game anymore.... Kind of like a player being willing (or even be desperate to be able to) play hurt. The two areas that always leave me uncomfortable being a fan of the game, as it stops being a game.

Edited by NoSaint

You really don't know that nor the stresses that other people experience with their jobs.

I'm not saying you, or anyone else reading, doesn't have a high stress job - I agree we'd all benefit from more quality time - but few of us are working 100 hour weeks and answer to millions of people publicly. That doesn't mean I think they are the 32 most stressed men in America, but they are certainly extended well beyond what's healthy in nearly 100% of cases.

Edited by NoSaint

but few of us are working 100 hour weeks and answer to millions of people publicly.

This is nonsense. You can only speculate how many hours they put in and how stress full their job is to other professions.

Is a prosecutor that works night and day, having to carry a gun around all the time because they are getting death threats not as stress full as speaking to the media? There are a lot of factors involved in "stress" in all professions.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

This is nonsense. You can only speculate how many hours they put in and how stress full their job is to other professions.

Is a prosecutor that works night and day, having to carry a gun around all the time because they are getting death threats not as stress full as speaking to media? There are a lot of factors involved in "stress" in all professions.

I'm not sure why you are making this argument. I haven't disagreed that many other jobs are stressful. Many are even more stressful than nfl head coach. If you want to go to off the wall or PPP and discuss workplace stress, have at it.

If you want to argue that the lifestyle of an nfl head coach is healthy or generally not overworked, have at it here.

Is a prosecutor that works night and day, having to carry a gun around all the time because they are getting death threats not as stress full as speaking to media? There are a lot of factors involved in "stress".

I'm pretty sure NoSaint was only talking about NFL Head Coaches. I dont think an argument can be made that they dont spend too much of themselves at work. But, this does nothing to belittle the stresses a prosecutor endures. In the end, the job is their choice. They know what it involves, and they know the personal risks involved. Praying for Coach Kubiak.