Perspective

Gugny

I don't start too many TSW threads and if this one is merged or deleted, so be it.

Rookie coach. Three active QBs with a cumulative NFL history of less than 10 games through 9 weeks.

Rookie OC.

And this team has been IN every game they've played.

I like the direction. And that includes the entire coaching staff and front office.

Call me a homer. I don't care. This team is better than its record.

Go Bills!

Agreed. They are not perfect, they've all made mistakes, but they are learning and they are playing with heart and determination. They have had numerous injuries and still managed to field competitive teams. Once E.J. is back, I think they finish the season strong. I wanted them to win this game and still have a shot at the playoffs, but they build off this year and make it next year.

I don't start too many TSW threads and if this one is merged or deleted, so be it.

Rookie coach. Three active QBs with a cumulative NFL history of less than 10 games through 9 weeks.

Rookie OC.

I like the direction. And that includes the entire coaching staff and front office.

Go Bills!

This team WILL be a threat to win the division next year. We are 100% headed in the right direction. This team would be lost right now if the old staff was here. This team has so much fight in it and I love it. We are literally 4 plays away from being 7-1. Thats how close we have been in 4 of our 5 losses, not to mention the Saints game was closer than the score appeared.

Cue the "we could just as easily be 1-7" responses...but it does not change the fact that this team has changed big time and this team can win on any given week with a 4th string QB and lots of key injuries to their best players on D and offense. That tells me, that when our team gets healthy and more experience for our young offensive players like EJ, Woods, and Goodwin that this team is going to be a REAL contender.

This team WILL be a threat to win the division next year. We are 100% headed in the right direction. This team would be lost right now if the old staff was here. This team has so much fight in it and I love it. We are literally 4 plays away from being 7-1. Thats how close we have been in 4 of our 5 losses, not to mention the Saints game was closer than the score appeared.

Cue the "we could just as easily be 1-7" responses...but it does not change the fact that this team has changed big time and this team can win on any given week with a 4th string QB and lots of key injuries to their best players on D and offense. That tells me, that when our team gets healthy and more experience for our young offensive players like EJ, Woods, and Goodwin that this team is going to be a REAL contender.

IF we get the QB sitch sorted.

Yes

IF we get the QB sitch sorted.

Yes.

In the history of the NFL, a lot of good work by hard-working coaches and players has been wasted by poor QB play.

Moreover the careers of many good players and coaches have been tainted by their random association with bad quarterbacks.

Some players are remembered in history because they played on winning teams led by good quarterbacks and just as many equally good players are forgotten because they played on losing teams led by bad quarterbacks.

Especially in today's NFL, if the Bills don't find good quarterbacking, many good efforts and performances by good players and coaches will go to waste.

That's the reality of the NFL today.

Lowered expectations. Ironically this win for Kansas City means they'll finish above .500, representing a minimum +7 in wins from 2012. I don't understand why some cannot see that the decisions made in the off season have more benefits or consequences than what the average fan sees on game day.

The Bills are mediocre because their front office botches too many decisions. They make some good ones, but not enough to forge a winning team.

Rookie OC.

Go Bills!

The Bills organization (Marrone and company) are riding off the coattails of Mike Pettine and the defense right now. Close games = good defense. The in-game management and offense needs a ton of work.

Yes.

In the history of the NFL, a lot of good work by hard-working coaches and players has been wasted by poor QB play.

Moreover the careers of many good players and coaches have been tainted by their random association with bad quarterbacks.

Some players are remembered in history because they played on winning teams led by good quarterbacks and just as many equally good players are forgotten because they played on losing teams led by bad quarterbacks.

Especially in today's NFL, if the Bills don't find good quarterbacking, many good efforts and performances by good players and coaches will go to waste.

That's the reality of the NFL today.

so true but kinda sad.

Pete Carrol was this MEDIOCRE coach in NE..........

I said this in another thread, probably more approriate here: Perspective >>>

one lucky play
. . . a guy gets beat with his jock landing on the ground under him, be bends down to pick it up, and incredibly he comes up with a football in his hands . . .
one lucky play
. . . or we're talking about 470 yards of offense, and what a genius Hackett is winning with a 4th string QB, and what guts the FA QB from Washington has . . .
one lucky play
. . .

The Bills organization (Marrone and company) are riding off the coattails of Mike Pettine and the defense right now. Close games = good defense. The in-game management and offense needs a ton of work.

is that the Bills Defense that allowed the Chiefs to grind out three first down and kick a filed goal, when they needed a stop the most?????

Edited by CSBill

Rookie OC.

Go Bills!

I also like the teams direction in general. But every team, even the Bills, are exactly as good as their record. No better and no worse.

Lowered expectations. Ironically this win for Kansas City means they'll finish above .500, representing a minimum +7 in wins from 2012. I don't understand why some cannot see that the decisions made in the off season have more benefits or consequences than what the average fan sees on game day.

The Bills are mediocre because their front office botches too many decisions. They make some good ones, but not enough to forge a winning team.

This is exactly right.

However, I DID have greater expectations before today. But now looking at letting an undrafted FA rookie QB throw 39 times in his first start when the RB's are averaging 6.1 ypc. It looked like Gailey calling plays in the 4th QTR.

The score was tied 13-13 going into the 4th QTR.

Then there was a Tuel pass and a TJ fumble TD for Chiefs. score 20-13

Next Bills series Tuel, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, punt!

Next Bills series, penalty in Chandler, run Choice, pass, punt

Next Bills series, pass, scramble, pass, pass, pass, run, Jackson. pass. turnover on downs.

The Bills need better play at QB, and TE