Tuel to start

KikO M G

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Tuel will be good or that he won't make rookie mistakes, but I was pretty impressed

with him in preseason. Yes, of course that was against lesser talent, but he showed some poise as a QB.

I don't think he'll be as bad as in his first playing time. I mean, to be thrown into your first regular season game

as an UDFA, in the third quarter, against a good defense, without having taken the starters snaps for the week.

That's a tough situation for a young guy with no experience.

I'll hold off on any judgements until I see him play again. If the defense can shut down KC pretty well and Tuel

manages the game, it could still happen. If we fall behind, and Tuel has to comeback, well I wouldn't be so

confident in that.

I'm not saying Tuel will be good or that he won't make rookie mistakes, but I was pretty impressed

with him in preseason. Yes, of course that was against lesser talent, but he showed some poise as a QB.

I don't think he'll be as bad as in his first playing time. I mean, to be thrown into your first regular season game

as an UDFA, in the third quarter, against a good defense, without having taken the starters snaps for the week.

That's a tough situation for a young guy with no experience.

I'll hold off on any judgements until I see him play again. If the defense can shut down KC pretty well and Tuel

manages the game, it could still happen. If we fall behind, and Tuel has to comeback, well I wouldn't be so

confident in that.

If anything, Tuel may have reminded us that preseason games are played at the level of college post-season all star games. This was the Senior Bowl. The preseason games are played by guys hoping to make the roster and a few veterans trying not to get hurt. The REAL games are played by NFL players at NFL speed.

I will be working a double and unable to watch this game... I'll DVR it and hope for the best, although something tells me I'll be deleting it without ever viewing,, Ugh!!!

I DVR every game b/c I am working as well....I turn off my celly to make sure no one txts me etc...I think I might just not even bother today, save me the misery.

do you think this could be gamemanship on Marrone's part? Maybe Thad is healthy enough to play????

I DVR every game b/c I am working as well....I turn off my celly to make sure no one txts me etc...I think I might just not even bother today, save me the misery.

do you think this could be gamemanship on Marrone's part? Maybe Thad is healthy enough to play????

Can't fake an injury report. NFL does not like that. However there is a 25% chance he can play,

Can't fake an injury report. NFL does not like that. However there is a 25% chance he can play,

I'm sure its not faked. He took a couple of vicious hits right to the ribs last week. They're definitely bruised. He's lucky they aren't broken. There's nothing fake about listing him as Doubtful/25% chance to play on Friday and then "working him out" Saturday and Sunday morning and saying "he's good to go"

My thoughts exactly. Everybody is upset Thad isnt playing. Saying stuff likr he is tough and stuff. I dont care how tough you are as a QB if you cant get completions and cant protect the ball I dont want you throwing for me. Thad laid a big egg last week.

not on where I live. all redskins all the time. actually Chargers/Skins should be pretty good.. my daughter is back from college today for a day or two maybe we hit Jimmy's Old Town in Herndon for the game. all Bills all the time in there.

Edited by 8and8Forever

With all due respect, how many of these QB threads are you going to start? They all devolve into the same discussion.

It's THE story for the Bills this week. Maybe this season. Starting a rookie UDFA against an undefeated team in week 9 with long shot playoff hopes on the line. I want to examine it from several different angles. If the mod feels they are duplicative he will combine them, but it hasn't happened yet...

This game intrigues me...this is the same team we have absolutely manhandled the last 2 years. They have filled the 2 pieces of the puzzle that has evaded us for the last 15 years, in their QB and Head Coach. I guess we will see how much different of a team they truly are. It does give us some hope as to what is possible with the right guys at the top pointing us in the right direction. Also I think a valid point is that the Chiefs have not beaten a team that currently has a winning record...pretty interesting stat. One thing we know...they lead the league in sacks and they will send the house at Tuel just about every play. Let's see if Hackett can develop a game plan to take advantage of that. I do expect him to play a lot better than he did versus Cleveland. That was a tough spot to come in and play...hopefully with a week of snaps with first team, he shows us more potential. Go Bills!!!

This game intrigues me...this is the same team we have absolutely manhandled the last 2 years. They have filled the 2 pieces of the puzzle that has evaded us for the last 15 years, in their QB and Head Coach. I guess we will see how much different of a team they truly are. It does give us some hope as to what is possible with the right guys at the top pointing us in the right direction. Also I think a valid point is that the Chiefs have not beaten a team that currently has a winning record...pretty interesting stat. One thing we know...they lead the league in sacks and they will send the house at Tuel just about every play. Let's see if Hackett can develop a game plan to take advantage of that. I do expect him to play a lot better than he did versus Cleveland. That was a tough spot to come in and play...hopefully with a week of snaps with first team, he shows us more potential. Go Bills!!!

While Reid and Smith are two HUGE new pieces, lets not forget Bob Sutton and the new defensive schemes he brought to KC. While Reid and Smith have been occupied managing games dinking and dunking down the field all day, Sutton has that defense actually winning games for them.

GO BILLS!!!