Tuel to start

KikO M G

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same... if Tuel was to be the starter than Thad would be "Out" not "Doubtful." Plus, I figured the Bills would wait until the last possible second to tip off the Chiefs on who is starting, since currently they need to prepare for 3 different QBs. Not easy, no matter who it is.

Peter King@SI_PeterKing 9m

QB gods smiling on Chiefs: Sun is 5th straight vs QBs who were camp backups: Fitzpatrick, Pryor, Keenum, JCampbell and now Buff's Jeff Tuel.

•  

Chiefs are so overrated its not even funny!

While Reid and Smith are two HUGE new pieces, lets not forget Bob Sutton and the new defensive schemes he brought to KC. While Reid and Smith have been occupied managing games dinking and dunking down the field all day, Sutton has that defense actually winning games for them.

GO BILLS!!!

12 PPG is impressive, even if half their schedule has been cupcakes by NFL standards. Their offense is statistically very similar to the Bills' up to this point. Their defense just didn't suffer through a rash of injuries.

Maybe the short week scenario with Cleveland really WAS the absolute worst case. You know he didn't take a single rep with the 1s that week with such limited practice time between games.

Doesn't matter if its Thad or Tuel or Flynn; the story to beat the Chiefs is the same. Run, stop the run, take care of the football. Houston gave them a game doing two of those things. Keenum's turnovers hurt them

Maybe the short week scenario with Cleveland really WAS the absolute worst case. You know he didn't take a single rep with the 1s that week with such limited practice time between games.

Doesn't matter if its Thad or Tuel or Flynn; the story to beat the Chiefs is the same. Run, stop the run, take care of the football. Houston gave them a game doing two of those things. Keenum's turnovers hurt them

Tuel needs to understand, and I am sure Marrone and co will communicate to him, that he's not squaring off against Drew Brees today. Don't try to be a hero. Just execute what will likely ve conservative play calls and err on the side of caution. Protect the football. Give the defense and the RBs a chance to compete.

It's THE story for the Bills this week. Maybe this season. Starting a rookie UDFA against an undefeated team in week 9 with long shot playoff hopes on the line. I want to examine it from several different angles. If the mod feels they are duplicative he will combine them, but it hasn't happened yet...

There are 4 (maybe more) identical threads on Lewis v. Tuel v. Flynn, and I think 3 of them started by you. Every one of them concern the same thing:

1) People ripping Tuel, people defending him, people saying he is somewhere in the middle

2) People speculating on who will start

3) People complaining that Manuel needed to get our of bounds

This thread is now entitled "Tuel will start," but I don't see any new information on this, other than LaCanfora speculating based on Thad being listed as doubtful.

The thing that helps the most is we are playing this game at home. If this game was in KC no way we have a chance.

The 12th man is going to have to help the Bills D. The way that happens is the Bills get an early lead. If they manage to score early we have a chance.

KC has not been a strong 2nd half team this year. Plus they haven't beaten a team with a winning record .

Odds are they are not going undefeated. Today would be a good day to lose .:)

Chris Brown has confirmed the info shared by LaCanfora, but can't announce officially until 11:30est:

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 11m

Report: Tuel to start at QB http://wp.me/plmrg-952

Expand

The thing that helps the most is we are playing this game at home. If this game was in KC no way we have a chance.

The 12th man is going to have to help the Bills D. The way that happens is the Bills get an early lead. If they manage to score early we have a chance.

KC has not been a strong 2nd half team this year. Plus they haven't beaten a team with a winning record .

Odds are they are not going undefeated. Today would be a good day to lose . :)

So that means we will still have to hear how amazingly awesome Andy Reid is in coaching the chiefs....

Yes, of course we will... and not saying Reid or Smith are not good at their jobs. But if either one of them was amazingly awesome, neither would have been sent packing by their former teams. They are both beatable. And, IMO, we have played tougher defenses already this year - Carolina and Jets. Cheifs D has looked very good against some pretty bad teams. 12pt/game is a great stat but sometimes you need to look deeper than the numbers to predict what might happen week to week.

Chris Brown has confirmed the info shared by LaCanfora, but can't announce officially until 11:30est:

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 11m

Report: Tuel to start at QB http://wp.me/plmrg-952

Expand

Yes, of course we will... and not saying Reid or Smith are not good at their jobs. But if either one of them was amazingly awesome, neither would have been sent packing by their former teams. They are both beatable. And, IMO, we have played tougher defenses already this year - Carolina and Jets. Cheifs D has looked very good against some pretty bad teams. 12pt/game is a great stat but sometimes you need to look deeper than the numbers to predict what might happen week to week.

I wouldn't say Brown "confirmed" the info. He merely reposted it, just like any of us here do.

I have no faith or belief in Tuel or his ability to lead us to victory today. Which -IMO- is a damn shame, given that I truely believed we'd win this game all season and right up to this announcement. I don't believe KC is as good as their record and we're better than our record, musical QB's notwithstanding..

Doomed.

I expect to see a lot of the running game this week a la the Baltimore game. I don't have much faith in Tuel to carry the team. Yes, he looked good in 2 qtrs of preseason, against guys who aren't in the NFL anymore. But he's shown nothing since to lad me to believe anything at all.

With that said, I'm behind him and if he can manage the game, the Bills still have a chance to win.

If you read the link, he said as much as he could until it could be official from the team. He could have just waited.

I did read it. He said there were reports. Quoted LaCanfora and said we won't know until 11:30 when there is an announcement of the inactive list. Basically nothing we couldn't figure out ourselves.

This mess belongs at the doorstep of the Bills brass for letting TJax go and sticking with Kolb and Tuel. The story line that they didn't want to spread the reps to three players was simply a lie.

Take the Bills and the points in the first half. KC less the points in the second half. KC and under for the game.