EJ might be better when he gets back.

Bufcomments

Sorry E.J. got hurt. And to those who say he can only learn by playing ..... that's true here's some things to consider.

He can still see the speed of the game. Maybe this will cause him to play faster.

Seeing what what Lewis has missed on his reads. There are some plays Woods is wide open. Hopefully EJ will take advantage of when he returns because I think that is the combo the Bills will need the most.

Seeing Lewis take those massive hits . I hope EJ has learned that self protection is just as important as completing passes.

Even tho he is not playing now I think he will be better once he gets back.

Geno doesn't look so much better in my eyes.

Check it out sometime. Watch a few pass plays for each, just looking at the QB.

Geno takes a classic drop, ball high, eyes downfield. When his head turns, his feet and whole body turn, ready to fire. When he throws, it has good velocity because he drives the ball, because his feet are properly set. He climbs the pocket well, still head up, ball up (usually), and feet moving correctly.

EJ seems to try to use his "arm talent" to fling the ball to a receiver he just spotted. He seldom climbs the pocket, preferring to lower the ball and take off to find a clear patch of grass outside the pocket so he can (hopefully) set himself up to throw.

I'd rather have EJ. But I really want him to work on footwork. Arm-talent is for college.

Sorry E.J. got hurt. And to those who say he can only learn by playing ..... that's true here's some things to consider.

He can still see the speed of the game. Maybe this will cause him to play faster.

Seeing what what Lewis has missed on his reads. There are some plays Woods is wide open. Hopefully EJ will take advantage of when he returns because I think that is the combo the Bills will need the most.

Seeing Lewis take those massive hits . I hope EJ has learned that self protection is just as important as completing passes.

Even tho he is not playing now I think he will be better once he gets back.

Nothing beats practice and game experience. He can watch film all off-season

Geno takes a classic drop, ball high, eyes downfield. When his head turns, his feet and whole body turn, ready to fire. When he throws, it has good velocity because he drives the ball, because his feet are properly set. He climbs the pocket well, still head up, ball up (usually), and feet moving correctly.

EJ seems to try to use his "arm talent" to fling the ball to a receiver he just spotted. He seldom climbs the pocket, preferring to lower the ball and take off to find a clear patch of grass outside the pocket so he can (hopefully) set himself up to throw.

I'd rather have EJ. But I really want him to work on footwork. Arm-talent is for college.

I am not doubting what you are saying. And if Geno learned it i am sure EJ can. between the two EJ appears to have more between the ears then Geno does. Geno and Tannehill remind me of the same type of QB. Big strong guys who have good mechanics yet struggle to read D's and also make poor decisions at costly times.

His poor footwork has been shown in the all-22 analyses on each of his lousy downfield throws.

The very few long throws that have been on target, his footwork was spot on.

Of all things, this might be among the more correctable QB issues, though.

This^

and then throws a pick six.

His poor footwork has been shown in the all-22 analyses on each of his lousy downfield throws.

The very few long throws that have been on target, his footwork was spot on.

Of all things, this might be among the more correctable QB issues, though.

It's definitely fixable. IIRC it's one of the things Rodgers fixed, and that turned out pretty well.

(This is an interesting read, but only obliquely mentions footwork: http://thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/can-quarterbacks-mechanics-be-altered )

I really don't expect the fireworks to go off when EJ comes back. He is better then Lewis but I don't think its going to be a huge difference back there. Not like everyone is getting their hopes up to, at least.

This.

I think EJ's really been set back by his two injuries. He's useless to us on the bench. He's has zero chance to work on his fundamentals and his timing with his receivers. EJ sitting and recouping isn't doing Woods any favors either.

EJ is already better -- than any other QB on the Bills' roster.

EJ's record is 2-2 (he doesn't get the Cleveland loss; he left the game with the score tied and the Bills driving)

Tuel is 0-1

Thad is 1-2

In my opinion, the Bills have a squad talented enough to make a playoff run.

Of course, the missing piece is consistency at QB. Our biggest loss this year was EJ's injury, since it takes away valuable development time.

I hope you're right and he picked up some stuff on the sideline. We will need it for next year.

In my opinion, the Bills have a squad talented enough to make a playoff run.

Of course, the missing piece is consistency at QB. Our biggest loss this year was EJ's injury, since it takes away valuable development time.

I hope you're right and he picked up some stuff on the sideline. We will need it for next year.

The year is not done my friend. Might be wishful thinking on my part but the Bills are still right in the thick of things. A nice three game winning streak before the bye would really turn things up. The Bills match up nicely with KC in my opinion.