Net Worth of African-American Family

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get a chance to open the link... I wonder what the comparisons are through the years. Does the gap close between the 1960's and the through the 1970's, then drop off during the 1980's? Or is it steady one way? What is the whole picture here? As a society through the last 50 years, we aren't just one bag of all conservative policy or liberal policy.

I didn't get a chance to open the link... I wonder what the comparisons are through the years. Does the gap close between the 1960's and the through the 1970's, then drop off during the 1980's? Or is it steady one way? What is the whole picture here? As a society through the last 50 years, we aren't just one bag of all conservative policy or liberal policy.

The numbers have gotten particularly appalling since the housing market crash so pinning blame on LBJ and the Great Society as the article hints isn't accurate, but its still shocking that somehow we've produced worse outcomes than a system which was designed to produce poor outcomes.

Prior to the housing market crash and great depression, the numbers resembled Apartheid type figures as well. The quick explanation is that home value comprised a disproportionate amount of the net wealth for black families relative to the average white family. When housing values plummeted and many low income families holding subprime mortgages lost their homes, the net wealth of black families plummeted. Everyone was effected by the drop in home values, but white families on average are more broadly invested and held other asset classes which bounced back after the crash, like equities.

The Greta Society decimated the Black family.

Please expound on that idea. There's probably valid arguments to be made there, but I'm not prepared to pin the housing market crash on LBJ which is the primary driver of the numbers in referenced in the article.

You're not right. You're evasive.

No, you are projecting. I was pretty clear. Those with money before have money now, even more, actually in many cases. Those without before, surprise, surprise, still in most cases don't.

Evasive takes coherent thought. Hes erratic or just lost.

Is it pretty clear what I think about you and your asinine comparisons? Nuff said

funny!

is this the newest argument style espoused by limbaugh or hannity? that's at least 2 threads during which you've used the insightful argument "funny" to which i say "lazy". oh and the tagteam ad hominem attacks never go out of vogue especially on those brilliant aforementioned "journalism" shows. yet "teabagger" is out of bounds. funny...

No, you are projecting. I was pretty clear. Those with money before have money now, even more, actually in many cases. Those without before, surprise, surprise, still in most cases don't.

Is it pretty clear what I think about you and your asinine comparisons? Nuff said

Finally. Hopefully Darin holds you to that.

Finally. Hopefully Darin holds you to that.

Translation: Darin, he is pointing out how idiotic my ideas are, please don't allow that, boo hoo

Seriously, you hate being challenged so much that you would actually ask me to be banned? What a total loser you are.

Why are you even here? What's the point?

Translation: Darin, he is pointing out how idiotic my ideas are, please don't allow that, boo hoo

Seriously, you hate being challenged so much that you would actually ask me to be banned? What a total loser you are.

You're like a 4 year old challenging his parents about brushing his teeth. Eventually that kind of challenge will earn you a timeout...or worse.

My prediction: 28-14 Chiefs.

I'm actually wondering what the numbers are throughout the years, too.............Probably the opposite reason for you, though. I would think the adjusted for inflation number was much higher back in the 50s.