Net Worth of African-American Family

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/362260/shocking-number-kevin-d-williamson

Fifty years into the Democrats’ declaration of a war on poverty and President Kennedy’s first executive order for affirmative action, while spending $300 million a year on worthless diversity workshops and singing endless verses of “We Shall Overcome,” after enduring endless posturing from Barack Obama and the moral preening of his admirers, that is what black American families have to show for themselves: an average household net worth of $4,955. The average white household in these United States has a net worth of $110,729. Black Americans’ median net worth is less than 5 percent that of white Americans.

Would black Americans have been better off with Apartheid rather than the Great Society?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would they have been better off being legally segregated into second class citizenship? Seriously? What type of stupid chit question is that?

So its taking longer than half a century to overcome the horrible legacy of over 300 years of oppression and enforced ignorance, tyranny and pure, vile hatred? Ya, that's a surprise! :doh:

Would they have been better off being legally segregated into second class citizenship? Seriously? What type of stupid chit question is that?

So its taking longer than half a century to overcome the horrible legacy of over 300 years of oppression and enforced ignorance, tyranny and pure, vile hatred? Ya, that's a surprise! :doh:

No. 50 years removed from LBJ and the economic outcomes for African Americans are arguably worse than the results of being legally segregated into second class citizenship. Reading comprehension.

No. 50 years removed from LBJ and the economic outcomes for African Americans are arguably worse than the results of being legally segregated into second class citizenship. Reading comprehension.

Give it up. We've already proved he's a racists who has a much lower opinion of blacks that anyone else here.

Yes, tell me one thing, aside from this argument being completely stupid, that isn't "arguable?"

This is just such an a-hole argument and so ignorant I can't even think of where to begin but I know whatever i say would be a waste on someone that would actually make this argument. Would your dumb a@@ be better without your basic rights? Without protection of the law? Or are you special someway?

Give it up. We've already proved he's a racists who has a much lower opinion of blacks that anyone else here.

Yes, because I think they are better off not being without their basic rights. God forbid! You guys are something else

Yes, tell me one thing, aside from this argument being completely stupid, that isn't "arguable?"

This is just such an a-hole argument and so ignorant I can't even think of where to begin but I know whatever i say would be a waste on someone that would actually make this argument. Would your dumb a@@ be better without your basic rights? Without protection of the law? Or are you special someway?

Yes, because I think they are better off not being without their basic rights. God forbid! You guys are something else

Its a rhetorical question meant to illustrate just how badly the policies ostensibly meant to help the African American community have actually produced outcomes similar to, or by some measures worse, than the obviously oppressive and discriminatory system adopted in South Africa. This inflammatory statement looks patently absurd at first glance, until you've read the article. My question was meant to induce discussion on how such outcomes are even possible.

I didn't think I'd have to state that I'm not in favor of Apartheid, but since you're such a !@#$ing retard I'll actually put it in type. Do you feel better about yourself now?

No because you think they are too dumb and clueless to figure out how to vote absentee.

No because you think they are too dumb and clueless to figure out how to vote absentee.

I said those exact words?

Gatorman why do you hate black prople so much? Why are you supporting policies preventing them from being independent and self sufficient. You racist

Queing juror8....maybe?

What policies are denying blacks their independence? What are you talking about? Are you drunk?

Its a rhetorical question meant to illustrate just how badly the policies ostensibly meant to help the African American community have actually produced outcomes similar to, or by some measures worse, than the obviously oppressive and discriminatory system adopted in South Africa. This inflammatory statement looks patently absurd at first glance, until you've read the article. My question was meant to induce discussion on how such outcomes are even possible.

I didn't think I'd have to state that I'm not in favor of Apartheid, but since you're such a !@#$ing retard I'll actually put it in type. Do you feel better about yourself now?

It's just so stupid I can't believe you were so idiotic to take the a-hole that made the op-Ed serious. Ever hear that statistics are for losers? Can't you even for a second see the comparison is ridiculous? What is the comparison of American whites to south African whites? I'd bet Americans would be pretty far ahead which screws up the whole comparison. And to say nothing of the fact that money is hardly the the whole story here.

Ok, you want a discussion, ok, here, the Great Society obviously didn't go far enough, this thing you posted OBVIOUSLY shows that. The government needs to create more jobs to overcome all this it's horrible!

Of course not. Most racists don't come right out and profess their hatred. It's comes out more in reading between their lines.

Ok, then you made it up, thanks for admitting that

indeed. pathetic as well.

Oh, you two are such a cute pair of idiots Lol

It's just so stupid I can't believe you were so idiotic to take the a-hole that made the op-Ed serious. Ever hear that statistics are for losers? Can't you even for a second see the comparison is ridiculous? What is the comparison of American whites to south African whites? I'd bet Americans would be pretty far ahead which screws up the whole comparison. And to say nothing of the fact that money is hardly the the whole story here.

Ok, you want a discussion, ok, here, the Great Society obviously didn't go far enough, this thing you posted OBVIOUSLY shows that. The government needs to create more jobs to overcome all this it's horrible!

Perfect. Stats are for losers and then you want to introduce more stats to the discussion. Lets look at your post a little more closely.

If you're assertion is correct, and white Americans have significantly more than white South Africans during apartheid, as measured by inflation indexed dollars, then isn't the juxtaposition even more glaring and the outcomes more damning? If you're correct, that means the last 50 years of well intentioned but catastrophic legislation has created a scenario where the discrepancy in net worth between white and black americans is greater than gap in net worth between white and black south africans during apartheid. How the !@#$ is that possible???

But of course you look at this scenario and your take away is that the cure consists of more of the problem, more of the same. We're hurting those we intend to help??? We shall redouble our efforts.

Edited by Jauronimo

Perfect. Stats are for losers and then you want to introduce more stats to the discussion. Lets look at your post a little more closely.

If you're assertion is correct, and white Americans have significantly more than white South Africans during apartheid, as measured by inflation indexed dollars, then isn't the juxtaposition even more glaring and the outcomes more damning? If you're correct, that means the last 50 years of well intentioned but catastrophic legislation has created a scenario where the discrepancy in net worth between white and black americans is greater than gap in net worth between white and black south africans during apartheid. How the !@#$ is that possible???

But of course you look at this scenario and your take away is that the cure consists of more of the problem, more of the same. We're hurting those we intend to help??? We shall redouble our efforts.

First of all, I don't any of this as fact, it could all just be bs statistics, but even if it is true, in the country (US) with the richest people in the world, the gap between the haves and have nots should be the greatest? Our rich are so much richer than South African rich people this wouldn't surprise me at all.

And if there had been no Great Society this situation would have been even worse. What if there was no government health care which was created in Great Society, I suppose health care is hurting blacks? What exactly do you people argue is hurt black people here?

No, you're racism with pretty obvious in the racist thread you started. They were your words.

You are just full of it. Post my racist words if you will.

You are so dishonest. Why do you lie?

You are just full of it. Post my racist words if you will.

You are so dishonest. Why do you lie?

Why do you think that black people couldn't vote absentee just like the whites? Do you think it's because they are too dumb, lazy or what? What is your opinion as to why they can't??