Net Worth of African-American Family

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get a chance to open the link... I wonder what the comparisons are through the years. Does the gap close between the 1960's and the through the 1970's, then drop off during the 1980's? Or is it steady one way? What is the whole picture here? As a society through the last 50 years, we aren't just one bag of all conservative policy or liberal policy.

Historical data making the comparison seems to go back to 1984 there is a pretty good chart here http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archives/2012/0112wicks-lim.html the data for that chart comes from this Pew Research article http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2011/07/26/wealth-gaps-rise-to-record-highs-between-whites-blacks-hispanics/

I didn't get a chance to open the link... I wonder what the comparisons are through the years. Does the gap close between the 1960's and the through the 1970's, then drop off during the 1980's? Or is it steady one way? What is the whole picture here? As a society through the last 50 years, we aren't just one bag of all conservative policy or liberal policy.

We've been creeping slowly and steadily to the left for generations, as "compramise" between a group that seeks to maintain the status quo and a group who seeks to implement wholesale change invariably leads to incremental change in the preferred direction of the "reformers".

We've been creeping slowly and steadily to the left for generations, as "compramise" between a group that seeks to maintain the status quo and a group who seeks to implement wholesale change invariably leads to incremental change in the preferred direction of the "reformers".

Do any fun things while on vacation? :D

There is much more money made here then there was back then. More opportunities now!

So, wouldn't that mean a fair share would go the way of minorities?

In all of this talk, I am curious the ratio of Asians and Hispanics. Stats are a funny thing, because even when true they do not tell the whole story. The best example in a racial premise I can provide is that there are more "white men married to black women in families then there is black men married to white women in families."

The black male may earn less in this country, but does he earn enough to provide? What is it compared to his earnings potential / What his education level? Do they live in more populous areas where more jobs may be? Common knowledge answers at least one of those, but those things must be weighed.

Do any fun things while on vacation? :D

Yeah, I learned that Simon is the reason that this board is unreadable and that Jack lies to board members for his own amusement. Both of those had me giggling. I also booked a week long batchelor party stay in Ft. Meyers, FL for my best friend (spring training style), and got to see my baby sister deliver my first niece. Pretty good month.

This is the best example? - ""white men married to black women in families then there is black men married to white women in families."

I don't even know what you're talking about!

Yes. It is the best example of what idiots use to say that racism doesn't exist, also that white men dilute the black gene pool more then black men in the white pool, also that black men do not tend to get married...

Seriously, I hear that stupid line at least once every month down here. It varies every time and it varies on the perspective.

Yeah, I learned that Simon is the reason that this board is unreadable and that Jack lies to board members for his own amusement. Both of those had me giggling. I also booked a week long batchelor party stay in Ft. Meyers, FL for my best friend (spring training style), and got to see my baby sister deliver my first niece. Pretty good month.

Welcome back anyway. Keep anything that you might slightly consider political down here and no one comes looking for the bodies. Also, I really hope that "spring training style" was just a slip of the tongue and you meant "spring vacation style".

We are safe here.

Well, welcome back. Just shrug. PTR still has at least a week to go...

ha. AJ of all people has a locked thread up at the customer forum about mod abuse. I guess that says a lot, AJ is among the top 5 most liked here. Mead, Rockpile, AJ and several others are just nice people. I've met 2 of them and they're just as sincere in person, great guys

Who is this AJ guy that you think is deserving of a PPP bj? I think you deserve an intimate vacation with dog90210.

Yes, because I think they are better off not being without their basic rights. God forbid! You guys are something else

You all go ahead and argue the point of the moment; I'll be busy trying to unwind this comment. I figure he's ignorant and can't even hint at cogent communication, but I'll work on deciphering it....

You all go ahead and argue the point of the moment; I'll be busy trying to unwind this comment. I figure he's ignorant and can't even hint at cogent communication, but I'll work on deciphering it....

I think you may be arguing a moot/mute point.