It could be very close to Matt Flynn time

KikO M G

I like Thad Lewis. He had a very good first game against the Bengals in which he had a rushing TD and two passing TDs to force OT against a very good team. But I feel he has regressed in each of the last two games. Yesterday was his worst game of the 3. He did not protect the football and his passes were much more inaccurate than they had been in his first two games.

The Chiefs are a great defense, but I don't think you can allow Lewis to play a third straight poor offensive game without considering giving Flynn a start in week 10. The Bills are a good enough team to stay above water with Manuel out, but the QB play needs to be more like what we saw in the Bengals game and less like what we saw against the Saints for them to have a chance to do that.

Chiefs have not given up more than 17 points all year. Bills have not scored less than 17 points all year. Something has to give on Sunday, and if it's the Bills offense, I would be in favor of giving Flynn a look in week 9.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hope EJ gets back soon. Tuel is more likely to start before Flynn as apparently Flynn hasn't learned our offense yet

That puzzles me. I'm no big expert in offensive schemes, in fact I'm not even a little one, but isn't a couple weeks enough time?

I thought Hackett was keeping it pretty simple for Manuel, which should make it easier for a new QB to pick up. If Flynn was given first team reps this week he couldn't have enough of a handle on the offense? The Bills should have seen enough of Lewis by this point to want to try and evaluate Flynn, no?

I was under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that this wasn't as hard to master as Gaileys "mega-mind" offensive scheme.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Please stop with the Flynn/Tuel talk! They are third string backups at best.

Why did we sign Flynn then? To let a practice squad QB give up 2 fumbles and an interception while Flynn sits on the sidelines? I hope Thad bounces back Sunday. Like I said, I really do like him. But I don't understand why you sign Flynn unless you consider him a viable option if the Thad Lewis experiment fizzles.

Why did we sign Flynn then? To let a practice squad QB give up 2 fumbles and an interception while Flynn sits on the sidelines? I hope Thad bounces back Sunday. Like I said, I really do like him. But I don't understand why you sign Flynn unless you consider him a viable option if the Thad Lewis experiment fizzles.

Flynn is the experiment. He rode two games as a reliever into millions and since has been passed around like the Anna kornacova email.

Something must be broken with this guy.

I would be shocked if they benched Lewis

The Bills just dont play well on the road and havent for a long time...im betting we see a different team this weekend more like the one that played the Bengals tough then the one we have seen the last two weeks

Edited by Max997

I'm all for Thaddeus starting vs the Chiefs. I'm also all for moving either Flynn or Dixon to 2nd string and active this week in case Thaddeus gets hurt. The thought Sunday of putting Tuel Time on the first series was very scary. Flynn or Dixon not really knowing the offense couldn't be worse than Tuel Time, could they? That's a scary thought as well.

Please stop with the Flynn/Tuel talk! They are third string backups at best.

As is Thad Lewis. EJ is made a of glass and should have been on the bench this whole year. We will have to draft another QB in rd 1 after EJ goes down for a third time as soon as he gets back.

Lewis is the best option at QB for now.

One fumble was because of a huge it on the blind side though... But ya he has to do a better job of taking better care of the football.

Matt Flynn People. How many teams has he been on and NOT even got the Backup job. And Tuel doesn't have the experience right now, I like Tuel in maybe a couple years when he learns the NFL.

End point... Thad is better then Tuel and Flyyn. We bench him and Bills season doesn't look as hopeful. I think Thad can win all the rest of the games till the Bye, Then EJ comes back.

I like Thad Lewis. He had a very good first game against the Bengals in which he had a rushing TD and two passing TDs to force OT against a very good team. But I feel he has regressed in each of the last two games. Yesterday was his worst game of the 3. He did not protect the football and his passes were much more inaccurate than they had been in his first two games.

The Chiefs are a great defense, but I don't think you can allow Lewis to play a third straight poor offensive game without considering giving Flynn a start in week 10. The Bills are a good enough team to stay above water with Manuel out, but the QB play needs to be more like what we saw in the Bengals game and less like what we saw against the Saints for them to have a chance to do that.

Chiefs have not given up more than 17 points all year. Bills have not scored less than 17 points all year. Something has to give on Sunday, and if it's the Bills offense, I would be in favor of giving Flynn a look in week 9.

I am not saying yesterdays game was a masterpiece, in any way...but what do you expect? He hasn't regressed...just the more he plays, the more mistakes he is going to make. The Bills are improving in many areas, but if the defense can't contain Drew Brees, no matter who the QB is, they aren't going to win a shoot out.

I will agree, he really has to work on holding on to the ball a bit better...but even as ugly as yesterdays' game was (and it was ugly) I just don't see that Tuel or Flynn are going to give you more than that. And Lewis may still get better. He throws a nice ball...and he is pretty accurate (really accurate) when he isn't under a lot of pressure. He threw some ugly passes yesterday, but he threw some really nice ones too.

So may lamented the loss of Fitz, saying he would have been a great back-up. Well, that ship sailed...but I think Lewis has been about as good, if not better, than Fitz was last year...if we go to Tuel or Flynn, it is step backwards, IMO.

If you are worried about the Cheifs defense, do you really think Tuel or Flynn would fare better than Lewis? Just stick with the plan...

Edited by Buftex