Saints just too good at home for this version of the Bills...

Big Turk

They are just a really good team, coupled with us turning the ball over 3 times and giving them two TDs thanks to untimely penalties that would have been an INT and an incompletion on 3rd down that would have resulted in a punt, we made it pretty much impossible.

No shame in losing to them at home. The sky isn't falling, we are not imploding. Things will be OK. Relax.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Horse ****. Bills made some mistakes & Saints got some breaks. This loss is maddening precisely because you're wrong and the Bills should have won this game.

The Bills made some mistakes because they have players logging significant time at key positions who aren't very good. It wasn't some fluke. You can't trot Thad Lewis into the superdome and think you're going to come out with a win.

There is no way in hell the Bills "should have won this game."

Horse ****. Bills made some mistakes & Saints got some breaks. This loss is maddening precisely because you're wrong and the Bills should have won this game.

Agreed - we handed this game to them. We gave Brees 2 chances inside our 30 in the first Q....then a third possession from our 40. We were lucky that this game wasn't over in Q1.

The Saints won because they have a hall of fame QB chucking the ball against a talented, but still young secondary. No shame in us losing to them.

The Bills showed that we have a chance to give KC their first loss next week, I'm pretty confident in that. We played pretty well.

The Saints won because they have a hall of fame QB chucking the ball against a talented, but still young secondary. No shame in us losing to them.

The Bills showed that we have a chance to give KC their first loss next week, I'm pretty confident in that. We played pretty well.

Pretty much where I am at...others think we should apparently be 8-0 rolling to the Super Bowl however...

Pretty much where I am at...others think we should apparently be 8-0 rolling to the Super Bowl however...

Yeah...there is no doubt we were pretty messy at times. But 3-5 with the schedule we have had is something I can stomach. I expect the Bills to get hot in the second half of the season.

Thad has a good arm he's showing some serious issues with his ball control.

The Bills seem close, but their deficiencies eventually show. There were opportunities to take the momentum, but when one unit makes a potentially game changing play, the other unit falters, or an official blows a call.

A poorly officiated game...I'm not one of those hardnuts that refuses to acknowledge that officials can actually take a team out of a game, but I don't feel that way this time. The Bills lost it on their own.

The Bills made some mistakes because they have players logging significant time at key positions who aren't very good. It wasn't some fluke. You can't trot Thad Lewis into the superdome and think you're going to come out with a win.

There is no way in hell the Bills "should have won this game."

Agreed.

They are just a really good team, coupled with us turning the ball over 3 times and giving them two TDs thanks to untimely penalties that would have been an INT and an incompletion on 3rd down that would have resulted in a punt, we made it pretty much impossible.

No shame in losing to them at home. The sky isn't falling, we are not imploding. Things will be OK. Relax.

As I said on another thread.....they needed to hold them tto FGs and not TDs and also not give them gift turnovers and create turnovers.

TD 1---off a turnover with a drive start at BUF 21

TD 2---broken play on defense. these happen to every team every game, NO was able to execute this mistake

TD 3-- 2 minute drill---McKelvin INT negated by Mario facemask (questionable call since the penalty in the OL cause this)

TD 4--defensive penalty on 3rd down stop gives NO a 1st down

TD 5--could have called Offensive PI on the TD because of the Wr pushoff

Buffalo needed to hold them to FGs instead of TDs....this would have been somethin like 19 or 23 points and it still is a game---despite the turnovers.

Yeah...there is no doubt we were pretty messy at times. But 3-5 with the schedule we have had is something I can stomach. I expect the Bills to get hot in the second half of the season.

Thad has a good arm he's showing some serious issues with his ball control.

And accuracy, the Bills need EJ back.

It's not the Saints. When your QB turns the ball over 3 times and your defense gives up big play after big play in the secondary then even the Jags can beat you

Alternately, one could more easily argue it WAS the Saints because their D caused three turnovers while their offense was able to hold off consistent pressure and allow their HOF quarterback to chuck the ball around at will to the tune of 5 TDs.

I understand being disappointed in a loss, but if you genuinely believe that this was a game the Bills gave to the Saints, then, well...unicorns and stuff.

The Bills are not the kind of team yet that can overcome turnovers to beat a team like the Saints.

The Bills did not "give them the game", and the refs didn't decide the game either.

I'm very optimistic about our team, but at the same time, realistic about their chances against a top tier team, at home, coming off a bye, in one of the toughest places in the league for visiting teams to play.

I expected a loss, but I'm still excited about the core that's in place.

Alternately, one could more easily argue it WAS the Saints because their D caused three turnovers while their offense was able to hold off consistent pressure and allow their HOF quarterback to chuck the ball around at will to the tune of 5 TDs.

I understand being disappointed in a loss, but if you genuinely believe that this was a game the Bills gave to the Saints, then, well...unicorns and stuff.

Great post. Although I prefer my unicorns with dreams and starlight.

The Bills are not the kind of team yet that can overcome turnovers to beat a team like the Saints.

The Bills did not "give them the game", and the refs didn't decide the game either.

I'm very optimistic about our team, but at the same time, realistic about their chances against a top tier team, at home, coming off a bye, in one of the toughest places in the league for visiting teams to play.

I expected a loss, but I'm still excited about the core that's in place.

agree completely