Not impressed with Saints' wins

KikO M G

Yes I am doing that thing that many people hate. I am denigrating our opponent in the runup to Sunday. But hear me out. Here are who the Saints have beaten so far this season:

Falcons at home

Bucs on the road

Cardinals at home

Dolphins at home

Bears on the road

They have beaten three 3-win teams (all at home), one 2-win team and one winless team. Combined wins of opponent - 11.

The Bills, meanwhile, have beaten two 3-win teams (one home and one road) and one 4-win team at home. Combined wins of opponent - 10.

One team is 5-1 and the other is 3-4, but I think strength of schedule early has a lot to do with that. I still am not expecting the Bills to win, but I have no reason to believe it won't be another closely fought game and would not be as shocked as most of the world if the Bills win.

Edited by Right Manuel for the Job

The back-to-back divisional wins are pretty big, regardless of records they're always close (as the actual scores show).

I don't take much stock in the cards

The fins (who we just beat with a last second fg), lost to the saints by 21 in NO! So that doesn't bode well.

The Bears on the road was a solid win as well.

And the pats needed last second heroics to beat them.

This is really funny-could you imagine what the attitude would be if the Bills were 5-1 today, regardless of strength of schedule, and had already won a Super Bowl within the past five years? We all know that in today's parity-driven NFL, almost any team (have to exclude Jags) can beat another on a given day and many games are close, but a win is a win and 5-1 is nothing to sneeze at.

I understand and appreciate what your doing. But the NFL today is much less predictable than it has been.

Many teams are so close, it all can boil down to a few plays, a few strokes of luck, a few calls or some very specific match ups.

Bills may still have the element of surprise still in that it might still be that some teams are expecting the old bills to show up and this team is tougher stronger and faster than they've been in ages.

Never has the old Berman phrase rang more true than now a days... "And that's why they play the game".

Stay tuned. We will see.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Even though it has been a while, Marrone must have some idea of how Payton thinks. It would be to our advantage if we knew what their general game plan might be. I am still going with Sproles trying to run all over the defense to open up the passing game. I don't see them using the passing game to open the run.

You may not be impressed with the Saints wins.

I am impressed with the Saints team.

you took the words out of my mouth.

This is a team that will go to the playoffs and get at least one win. They are a team that can and will be beat from time to time and when it comes to tally up the winners from the posers the Saints will finish a top 8, maybe 6 team in the league. Do not let their wins/losses effect your judgement. The Saints team would hand it to the Chiefs.

There are four teams I know that play better football then New Orleans: Seattle, Cinci, Denver, and the Patriots (even though they really did lose the matchup, when it comes to the end of the season and playoff time Patriots just win).

I think a few teams that play some niche football could beat them. The Jets, Lions, Cowboys, and 9'ers could beat them. I also think there is going to be some confusion on what happened to the Panthers. They've won three in a row, they're going to gain confidence and they could finish atop the NFCS.

I've seen every game that they played -they are really good. They are right there with Seattle, Denver and SF as the best teams. I don't care who it is that they have played.

Yep, i have watched four of their games entirely and most of a fith game. the scary thing about them is they have a decent D this year. last year Brees was trying to do way to much to compensate for the horrendous D. this year brees feels much more comfortable that he does not have to score every drive.

The Falcons game was one Atl should of had if they had any running game. The Dolphins where playing the Saints close till Tannehill gave the ball away a few times.

This game could be close or it could be a blow out. It will depend on the Bills not turning the ball over. You can not give Brees a short field , he loves to score quick right after a turnover and demoralize a team even more.

Yep, i have watched four of their games entirely and most of a fith game. the scary thing about them is they have a decent D this year. last year Brees was trying to do way to much to compensate for the horrendous D. this year brees feels much more comfortable that he does not have to score every drive.

The Falcons game was one Atl should of had if they had any running game. The Dolphins where playing the Saints close till Tannehill gave the ball away a few times.

This game could be close or it could be a blow out. It will depend on the Bills not turning the ball over. You can not give Brees a short field , he loves to score quick right after a turnover and demoralize a team even more.

Special teams better step up too. NO BIG RETURNS.

As I recall, the Cowboys didn't have impressive wins in the regular season the first year they faced us in the Super Bowl. They squeaked by some weak opponents while we rolled over people. They still spanked us in XXVII.

Good teams find ways to win. The Saints have been doing it consistently. We have not. Advantage: Saints.

But, brother, this would be an awesome win for the team if Marrone and guys could pull it out.