Aaron Maybin - LB, Toronto Argonauts

Punch

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, former All-American... for a guy in his fifth year of Pro ball. That's a bit like highlighting your college debate team experience when you're looking for a job.

I thought he was hyping the fact he was an All American Football League standout.

Nothing against the guy. It's not his fault that a certain NFL team grossly exaggerated his value and worth. And let's be honest - he's made more in 4 years (or however long it's been) in pro football than many of us will make in 14 years. Good luck to him; I hope it works out.

Does anyone recall TSW posters suggesting The Bills try Maybin as a tight end?

This guy struggles to keep weight on, it seems, like trying to maintain 230 pounds.

He is one lucky SOB to get the windfall he received after 1 starting season at Penn State. Hopefully, he has saved some money, can play football for a while longer, and retire when he wants (or can't find a football gig).

NBC Sports channel (Directv ch 219 or 220) shows a few CFL games (Wed night at least). IDK if the Argos are coming up.

Good luck, Aaron. Bills fans will always talk about you, one way or another.

The minute he was drafted over Orakpo it was 1.) Over for his career as he will always be compared to a far superior player. 2.) The most obviously, horrible decision in NFL draft history.

If you locked Orakpo and Maybin in a room together before draft day and only one could come out. Orakpo would be walking out of the room without breaking a sweat.

Its hard to find another example where a decision was clearly as bad. For Example if the Colts took Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning at the time it would not have been a horrible decision. At the time and after the time it was clearly a horrible decision to take Maybin over Orakpo.

That being said. I applaud his persistence I hope he dominates the CFL.

Could be good for him to try and convert to linebacker in a more conventional sense. The guy is too small to play DE is a 4-3 and doesn't have the ability to be a 3-4 LB. If he does want to salvage his career as a football player this is probably the best way to do it. I don't think he will pull it off but this is his best way to try.

The minute he was drafted over Orakpo it was 1.) Over for his career as he will always be compared to a far superior player. 2.) The most obviously, horrible decision in NFL draft history.

If you locked Orakpo and Maybin in a room together before draft day and only one could come out. Orakpo would be walking out of the room without breaking a sweat.

Its hard to find another example where a decision was clearly as bad. For Example if the Colts took Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning at the time it would not have been a horrible decision. At the time and after the time it was clearly a horrible decision to take Maybin over Orakpo.

That being said. I applaud his persistence I hope he dominates the CFL.

That's the sad thing about drafting Maybin, everyone knew it was the wrong decision the moment it was made. Jauron's last gift to us.

I hope he does well and stays in good health. This guy - through no fault of his own - brought out the worst in the Bills' fan base. I hope he kicks ass and takes names.

True.

Yet it's was entirely his own fault for going Pro, when he should have stayed in school.

Could be good for him to try and convert to linebacker in a more conventional sense. The guy is too small to play DE is a 4-3 and doesn't have the ability to be a 3-4 LB. If he does want to salvage his career as a football player this is probably the best way to do it. I don't think he will pull it off but this is his best way to try.

That's the sad thing about drafting Maybin, everyone knew it was the wrong decision the moment it was made. Jauron's last gift to us.

proof positive that the Bills did not have a scouting department before Doug Whaley