Oh Man.....are the Chiefs that good?

Numark

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs D isn't just "good", it's dominant. It's completely negating opponent's offenses. This isn't college football where teams can put together a bunch of wins against horrible programs. Sure, their schedule isn't difficult but to do what their D has been doing over half a season in the NFL is impressive.

That being said, they're not a complete team and the Bills can certainly beat them at home if the offense can manage not to turn the ball over.

One of the problems with the NFL is that there is always one or 2 teams that are a byproduct of their soft schedule. An average team like the chiefs gets an easy early schedule & now almost half way thru the season they are the front runners for the #1 seed. It happens every year. My guess is the Chiefs will end up somewhere around 12-4, 11-5, get the 1 seed or at worst the #1 wild card & get bounced in the first round. Their defense is very good though, their offense can not stretch the field which will hurt them against the better teams.

Yeah I was telling my buddy this the other day. The chiefs D is nasty and very good and they have an efficient offense that is capable of winning games. They are 7-0 but I'm not sure I'd put them above the Broncos, Colts, Patriots in the AFC. I also think the Jets, Bills and Chargers would give them a really tough test

In The NFC The Saints, Packers, Seattle, San Fran are all better too.

Alex Smith has thrown zero TDs in the last 3 games. Sort of like with the Texans the last few years, they won't win much in January because of their QB

One of the problems with the NFL is that there is always one or 2 teams that are a byproduct of their soft schedule. An average team like the chiefs gets an easy early schedule & now almost half way thru the season they are the front runners for the #1 seed. It happens every year. My guess is the Chiefs will end up somewhere around 12-4, 11-5, get the 1 seed or at worst the #1 wild card & get bounced in the first round. Their defense is very good though, their offense can not stretch the field which will hurt them against the better teams.

I agree. A number of years I believe even the Patriots had seasons where they maybe beat only 1 or 2 teams with winning records.

The key in the NFL is to beat the bad teams. If the Bills only beat teams with losing records, they would probably get between 7-12 wins every year.

The Chiefs may be overachieving, but they nailed it with the two most important pieces of a football team-the HC and QB. Could you imagine what it would be like in Buffalo if the Bills had gone from 2-14 to 7-0? Super Bowl reservations would be made and paid for.

The Chiefs have a very good defense, one of the best RBs in the league, good WR in Bowe and a solid yet unspectacular QB in Smith

7-0 is 7-0 no matter who you play

Very true. No one can bust on KC's record as being fluffed up. They've beaten everyone on their schedule and it's not like they are Alabama playing FCS schools. Every NFL game is men on men.

That being said, if the games go this week as expected (KC beats Cleve, NO beats Buf)...i expect KC to run into an absolute buzz saw in Orchard Park next weekend. I actually think Cincinnati is a better overall club than KC and the Bills hung in there. I do think they will beat an undefeated KC team which would be very cool.

The point of the league is to beat the teams you are suppose to beat. They are doing that. Unfortunately for the Bills they are one of those teams. If they steal 1 or 2 games from great or good teams they will make the playoff no problem. Then they start off 0-0 and play against all great or good teams. and we will know for sure if they are legit or not.

Edited by cklapka

The Chiefs may be overachieving, but they nailed it with the two most important pieces of a football team-the HC and QB. Could you imagine what it would be like in Buffalo if the Bills had gone from 2-14 to 7-0? Super Bowl reservations would be made and paid for.

I agree with this statement.

While the Chiefs might be overachievers, no one can deny that their defense has played very good this year.

Also, winning games inspires more confidence in a team.

I don't think the Chiefs are the best team in the NFL, but you can't take them lightly anymore.

The Chiefs can easily lose in Buffalo and still have a great season. I don't care if they go 15-1 as long as they drop that one at the Ralph.

But right now I just want to get our fourth win of the year this week against the Saints.

One common thread of all Super Bowl champions and all playoff contenders and all winning teams is that they ALL won a fourth game and didn't wait until December to do it. Once we win a fourth we can think about winning a fifth.

Flashback 2004 the Bills went on a win streak (8 of 9) 6 straight games. They were crushing nearly every opponent with point differentials from 10 to 34 points. They averaged 39 ppg in the 8 wins.

The mediots were saying that the Bills were the team no one wanted to face. All they needed was a week 17 win to make the playoffs.

then comes one fateful day at the Ralph 01/02/2005, in come the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And that's exactly what the Bills did

RALPH!

A humiliating loss to Tommy Maddox and the Steelers 3rd string, letting a rookie named Willie Parker rush for 102 yards, losing 29-24.

http://www.footballd...ls/results/2004

Sometimes you're only as good as your schedule

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I agree. A number of years I believe even the Patriots had seasons where they maybe beat only 1 or 2 teams with winning records.

The key in the NFL is to beat the bad teams. If the Bills only beat teams with losing records, they would probably get between 7-12 wins every year.

Exactly, if you beat the bad teams, take care of business for the most part @ home & steal a game or 2 against the good teams you will be in the playoff mix every year.