Cordy Glenn vs Jonathan Martin

1B4IDie

In the second round of the 2012 draft the Bills had their pick of the two linemen that many expected to be drafted on the first round.

The Bills chose Cordy Glenn with the next pick the Dolphins chose Jonathan Martin.

The Bills chose correctly it's not even close.

Look for Mario Williams to eat Martin's lunch this Sunday

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about Martin. Has he really been bad for them? How so?

I haven't watched him play this year, but I've also heard that his performance has been disappointing.

In the second round of the 2012 draft the Bills had their pick of the two linemen that many expected to be drafted on the first round.

The Bills chose Cordy Glenn with the next pick the Dolphins chose Jonathan Martin.

Martin's weakness is his 'weakness.' Get ready for the bull-rush.

I think Mario will line-up over RT Tyson Clabo, who has been almost Colin Brown-like this season. Looks like spending $100M+ in guaranteed money alone in the off-season doesn't get you as far as it used to.

If I was mike pettine I like that idea.

Move Dareus over Martin a few times on 3rd and passing downs. Put Mario to the right side or staggered Off Dareus. People do not realize how quick Dareus is, but he can move. Blind side Dareus scares me.

I don't know anything about Martin. Has he really been bad for them? How so?

Oct 1 2013 - LT Jonathan Martin has allowed four sacks and eight quarterback hits and seems to struggle at times. Overall, he has been OK, but clearly allowing four sacks in four games points to pass blocking issues.

Glenn vs. Martin: this is a race that has never been close. Among all of Buddy's solid OL moves, this was his best. And he was out there with "Hell no he ain't a guard" when the popular opinion was that Cordy would never be a successful tackle. Kudos to Buddy on getting us a rock of a LT for the next several years. Oh and Jonathan Martin is a weakling.

Glenn vs. Martin: this is a race that has never been close. Among all of Buddy's solid OL moves, this was his best. And he was out there with "Hell no he ain't a guard" when the popular opinion was that Cordy would never be a successful tackle. Kudos to Buddy on getting us a rock of a LT for the next several years. Oh and Jonathan Martin is a weakling.

this

Speaking of Mario...did anyone notice how angry/upset he was in the last game? He was visibly po'd quite a bit. I hope he brings that attitude this week.

I'm obviously biased as a Bills fan. I'm not a Mario apologist either. Impartially as a football fan Mario is held big time on at least 3 plays a game, like blatant in front of the ref hold and he never draws a flag.

In the Cincinnati game in particular there were two that were just text book holds isolated from the traffic of the o-line that I couldn't believe weren't called.

It's getting to be a strange pattern.

It's like the refs are saying "Go dry your tears with your 100mill we aren't calling holding on you no matter what."

Edited by Why So Serious?

If I was mike pettine I like that idea.

Move Dareus over Martin a few times on 3rd and passing downs. Put Mario to the right side or staggered Off Dareus. People do not realize how quick Dareus is, but he can move. Blind side Dareus scares me.

We've used Mario and Hughes like this and it's been effective all season.

GO BILLS!!!

Here is Pro Football Focus's analysis of Miami's O-Line v. our Pass Rush:

Clabo and Martin vs. Williams and Hughes

When the Dolphins let Jake Long walk in free agency and put Jonathan Martin in as the starting left tackle many people expected him to be the weak link of the offensive line. So far he’s been having issues in run blocking (-7.2), along with some ups and downs as pass blocker, but has still managed to have a positive grade in that area (+2.8). The liability isn’t at left tackle as expected, but at right tackle where Tyson Clabo is having a rough season, to say the least. Among the worst OTs in pass blocking, he has given up 23 total pressures — 12 of them in the past two games, grading out at -5.8. After years of ranking in the Top 15, things will have to change a lot if he doesn’t want to end up in the other end of the rankings this year.

In front of the the Dolphins’ O-line will be two Top 10 3-4 outside linebackers in Pass Rush Productivity – Jerry Hughes, third at 14.3, and Mario Williams, ninth at 11.6. It’ll be interesting to see how the Bills use them, as they have moved around and rushed the passer from both sides of the line. Considering how Clabo and Martin are playing it should be expected to get more favorable matchups in the left side of the defense, where Williams has been more successful recording six sacks, two hits and 14 hurries in 138 snaps. On the other side, Hughes will provide a good challenge to Martin as he’s coming from his best games, grading at +3.3 in pass rush in the past two games.

If you want the rest of their breakdowns here you go: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/18/3tfo-bills-dolphins-week-7/

Edited by biggerdaddynj

Glenn is better but Mario will be invisible like most games.