Unpopular opinions thread.

Daryl Talley is overrated.

I'm not sure that this is true. I don't think that he's actually rated that highly by most football observers. Many Bills fans may think that he's underrated but generally I think that he's viewed as a solid OLB but not a star.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys want an unpopular opinion? I'll give you unpopular! :angry:

Assuming EJ doesn't work out--which he probably won't--then in a year or two the Bills should go into full-on expansion mode.

Step 1: Cherry pick no more than five of their young, promising players, such as Glenn and Kiko. Set those players aside.

Step 2: Wait until after the draft. Anyone just drafted also gets set aside.

Step 3: Everyone else gets put up on the auction block! :angry: It would be a big event, and all 31 other teams would be invited. All players not set aside in steps 1 or 2 would be sold for future draft picks! Nothing but future draft picks would be accepted as payment.

Step 4: Release any players not set aside in steps 1 - 2 or auctioned off in step 3.

Step 5: Sign a bunch of scrubs to fill out the roster.

The Bills should only do this when an Andrew Luck-type prospect is going into his senior year. The above five steps would nicely set them up with the 0-16 or 1-15 record necessary to take that Luck-style prospect! :angry: They'd also have some extra draft picks from having auctioned off their team, plus whatever players they'd set aside. That's a good foundation right there! With two or three good drafts and a few judicious free agent signings, they could make the playoffs. Plus, they'd have a young, strong foundation--a perfect starting point for building an eventual Super Bowl champion! :D

Marv Levy wasn't that good of a coach.

Buddy Nix was underrated, as was Tom Donahoe.

The Toronto Series is a must for the long term viability of the franchise.

Russ Brandon is the best thing that has ever happened to the Bills, in terms of keeping the team economically viable in Buffalo in the post-Wilson era.

Edited by BillnutinHouston