Matt Flynn on flight to Buffalo, (update - now signed)

Punch

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flynn still has a house in Washington state where he and his life probably stay. They love the house to according to their wedding registry. They talked about it a lot. Google it.

Likely he was in Washington and connecting flights

Just trying to have a little fun with it, but don't let that stop you.

Tuel the PS would be the best move. Before this Sunday, has there ever been an undrafted QB backing up and undrafted QB?

For the life of me, I will never understand the regard for draft position. I just saw an undrafted QB outplay our first-QB-taken-in-the-draft QB by a discernible margin. At this point, the only perceptible thing Manuel's got over Lewis is draft position.

So, gee, I can't wait for our shaky first-rounder to be back under center (or whatever the phrase is in shotgun/pistol) to remove the stigma of starting an undrafted QB.

Draft position puts 'em on our roster instead of somebody else's roster (or vice-versa). That's all.

You also just saw an undrafted QB outplay a 1st rounder who also has been in the league for two years or is it three. Granted he's only played one game, but that's only four less than Manual too. But more importantly, a couple of years on the sidelines, practices, film viewing etc, you learn alot. You're also talking about a guy who graduated from Duke in three years, so he's no dummy.

For the life of me, I will never understand the regard for draft position. I just saw an undrafted QB outplay our first-QB-taken-in-the-draft QB by a discernible margin. At this point, the only perceptible thing Manuel's got over Lewis is draft position.

So, gee, I can't wait for our shaky first-rounder to be back under center (or whatever the phrase is in shotgun/pistol) to remove the stigma of starting an undrafted QB.

Draft position puts 'em on our roster instead of somebody else's roster (or vice-versa). That's all.

Per Rapoport, LaCanfora, and others, Bills expected to sign Matt Flynn

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet2m

Bills plan to sign QB Matt Flynn today, per source. Add him to the Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis mix

Are we sure LaCanfora doesn't mean Pat White? :rolleyes:

@ChrisBrownBills

RT @JasonLaCanfora: #Bills likely to sign QB Matt Flynn, who is working out for the team. Buffalo has been struck by repeated QB injuries...

The thing thy rally bothers me with all this, is the media seems to think that we're bringing in Matt Flynn because Thad was injured yesterday. This was clearly planned before they had any idea of that happening as he was already on a plane during the game. Thad is our guy, Tuel will be released. Mark it down in blood

The sportswriters were in route to Buffalo to cover the Sabres/Wild game tonight. That's the only connection to Minnesota as far as I know.

Flying from out west to Buffalo, he'd have to connect through MSP or DET. My guess, he was on a Delta flught. As most of the other would have connected through Chicago.

Tjax, Kolb, EJ, Tuel, Thad, Dixon, Flynn. Wow- we look like the waiver wire in a bad fantasy football league. At least we've now picked up every scrub QB that people wanted us to kick the tires on.

nobody can say the FO isn't doing its due diligence to find out next franchise QB.

Almost - some still want to kick the tires on Jamarcus Russell.

no. We just said it would be better than kicking the tires for the 4th time in Matt Flynn. He's been the whipping boy of teams backup QBs to this point. Can't imagine he's any good at all. But better than Tuel I'd imagine.