Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

Don't worry....if Lewis is bad or gets hurt then next week Maronne will spend 20 minutes going through his explanation and logic of why DIxon is now the starter and again not Tuel,,,,,,after a few weeks of this EJ will eventually be back and they'll move on.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

exactly. they are repeating the same mistake they made before! Unreal. Hopefully Lewis lights it up, and stays healthy until EJ returns. The luck HAS TO go our way eventually.

Too late. The "Luck" has already gone to the Colts after the Peyton era ended. ;)

I did. I can't understand why Dixon is on the practice squad instead of the active squad to go in for Lewis if he gets hurt. It's like they are repeating the same mistake from last week.

exactly. they are repeating the same mistake they made before! Unreal. Hopefully Lewis lights it up, and stays healthy until EJ returns. The luck HAS TO go our way eventually.

Its not hard to understand, Dixon goes to the PS because he doesn't know the offence, and because even if he did, it would require them to have to make another roster move on the active roster to add him (Cutting someone or putting someone else on IR for the season, etc.) The Bills aren't looking at the season right now as one where games are "must wins", they are trying to build a team and are using this season to develop players and gain experience so they will be closer next year. This is a team that just started over again with another rebuild this offseason. They could move Tuel to the PS, but then they may risk losing him, and thats something that the organisation doesn't want to happen, they think he could become something special over time. They feel he knows the offence enough that he can atleast fill in for the rest of a game if the starter goes down.

From what it sounds like, last week was probably they worst week for them to have their starter go down to injury during the game and have to put the backup in because ti was the one week where they were crunched for time and could not spend time letting the backup get reps with the first team and thats why they feel Tuel looked out of sync with the WRs. They see something in him right now, but they don't feel he is ready to handle the starting job yet for them if needed.

Right now, it appears that for this season, the team is focused more on developing players, then worrying about winning a couple extra games. I'm not going to argue if that is the right or wrong approach for them to take, but thats whats apparently going on and explains their actions this year so far

Looking to next season the Bills could open the training camp with 5 QBs on the roster. Manuel, Kolb, Tuel, Lewis and Dixon. With a full off season and training camp, the team will be better prepared. The lack of preparedness this year was jarring. Learning goes both ways. Marrone is growing as a coach and so is his team. Coach is a breath of fresh air with his honesty and letting the people know what his thought process is. Now Lewis has his turn and I think he will do fine. It will be a simplified game plan.

Edited by Nitro

Why not put Tuel on the PS now and bring up Dixon. Is Coach Marrone really so afraid that someone is going to snatch up Tuel Time now? After Thursday? I don't understand the Tuel Love at OBD.

Because Dixon just got here, has been out of football since last season ended, and will certainly take some time to get up to speed.

Looking to next season the Bills could open the training camp with 5 QBs on the roster. Manuel, Kolb, Tuel, Lewis and Dixon.

If Kolb suits up for another NFL practice, he's an idiot.

If Kolb suits up for another NFL practice, he's an idiot.

I suffered a concussion when I was in the army and it lingered for a long time. Athletes are a different breed. Couple the competitive fire and the nice size pay check is a tempting siren for them. I would tell him to find a nice career to focus on.

I'm actually pretty confident Thad will do well, and I don't think they're going to approach this game as "we have to simplify it for Thad." Thad sounds like a smart guy--got his degree in 3 1/2 yrs at Duke--and his tape looks pretty solid. I could see him having a pretty darn good day, and converting quite a few 1st downs on quick read option decisions. I'm more worried about CJ's ankle and Fred's knee. CJ didn't sound like he's going to be close to 100%.

I'm actually pretty confident Thad will do well, and I don't think they're going to approach this game as "we have to simplify it for Thad." Thad sounds like a smart guy--got his degree in 3 1/2 yrs at Duke--and his tape looks pretty solid. I could see him having a pretty darn good day, and converting quite a few 1st downs on quick read option decisions. I'm more worried about CJ's ankle and Fred's knee. CJ didn't sound like he's going to be close to 100%.

I don't think the dropoff from EJ to Thad will be terribly pronounced. The plans will be the same and I think Thad can succeed in Hackett's offense.

As for FJ and CJ, Fred isn't even on the injury report this week, at least not according to ESPN fantasy. CJ is a concern, but Hackett utilized all 3 of our RBs with great success on a great run D last week.

I don't think the dropoff from EJ to Thad will be terribly pronounced. The plans will be the same and I think Thad can succeed in Hackett's offense.

As for FJ and CJ, Fred isn't even on the injury report this week, at least not according to ESPN fantasy. CJ is a concern, but Hackett utilized all 3 of our RBs with great success on a great run D last week.

At this point in EJ's career, I don't think it will be that big of a dropoff either. Thad has been in the NFL for 4 or 5 years now and seems to have a pretty good grasp on things. Sometimes guys just need a chance to show what they can do, wouldn't be the first time a UDFA or a practice squad guy gets his chance and plays well...

We actually have a guy like this on our team, his name is Fred Jackson...

At this point in EJ's career, I don't think it will be that big of a dropoff either. Thad has been in the NFL for 4 or 5 years now and seems to have a pretty good grasp on things. Sometimes guys just need a chance to show what they can do, wouldn't be the first time a UDFA or a practice squad guy gets his chance and plays well...

We actually have a guy like this on our team, his name is Fred Jackson...

Quite possibly my favorite Bill of all time