• Atlanta
    • @Tampa
    • @Jax
    • Miami
    • @New England
    • Pat White does not start for the Bills in 2013

2 ways I see this unfolding....

BENGALS:

Tuel starts and the Bengals defense wipes the floor with him, but MAYBE the Bills defense just gets them by for a fluke win at home.

or

White starts, and the Bengals defense wipes the floor AND walls with him

Then...

DOLPHINS:

White starts, Dolphins defense wipes the floor with him.

SAINTS:

White starts, Saints defense wipes the floor, walls, and lobby with him.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

We have 2 QBs on the roster that have never started an NFL game. One knows the playbook and terminology, the other does not. Tuel has run the offense in preseason and during the week, and even prepped to start week 1 when EJ's status was uncertain

Tuel is going to start on Sunday vs the Bengals and it won't be pretty. But even after an outing that would make even Captain Checkdown blush, he gets a 2nd start against Miami.

So now we're 2-5 facing a road trip to the 6-0 Saints. At this point it's damn the torpedoes, and White's performance makes us yearn for the glory days of Alex Van Pelt

So now we're 2-5 facing a road trip to the 6-0 Saints. At this point it's damn the torpedoes, and White's performance makes us yearn for the glory days of Alex Van Pelt, no wait, Todd Collins, no wait, Billy Joe Hobert

fixed

Pat White isn't being brought in to start any games. If the Bills thought he was a better option than Tuel one would assume they would have brought him in after the Skins cut him. That being said, it doesn't mean he'll never start. If Tuel gets hurt then, obviously, he'll step in. Or if Tuel is grossly incompetent then I'd imagine White might get his chance depending on how quickly he can pick up the offense. If I had to guess I'd say that maybe he gets a single start before EJ comes back but I wouldn't put money on it.

As someone above said, does it matter who is starting at QB? With Tuel, White or any other option that is currently available, the Bills have less than a 10% chance to win any of their games - and I think that is being generous. I will be pleasantly surprised if the offense can put up 10 points in any of these games.

As someone above said, does it matter who is starting at QB? With Tuel, White or any other option that is currently available, the Bills have less than a 10% chance to win any of their games - and I think that is being generous. I will be pleasantly surprised if the offense can put up 10 points in any of these games.

While I might have been unkind in my predictions above, I think Tuel will be able to get a little bit of offense going (not necessarily by his own doing, but with lots of help from the backs). I just don't think it will be enough to win, especially on the road.

I am on record that I think that White will start this week. He has a lot more physical skills than Tuel. You will see ALOT of read option and hopefully a few big plays on the ground. It will be a safe passing game with most of the throws coming on 3rd down.

The problem with Tuel is that no one fears what he can do. This hinders the running game as well. I don't think that anyone fears White throwing the ball either but you have to fear him running the ball.

From wiki ...

• White was waived by Miami on September 4, 2010.
  • White was signed by the Virginia Destroyers of the United Football League on June 28, 2011. He was cut on September 3, 2011.
  • After not playing professional football for two years, White agreed to sign with the Washington Redskins on April 2, 2013. He was waived on September 14.

This dude's not starting a game unless Tuel/Thad get hurt before Manuel returns.

EDIT - added Thad.

Edited by Gugny