Positives from Tonight

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Qtr: 10:20 - 3rd and 8 @ Cleveland 28 - 19 Yard Completion to Jordan Cameron

9:13 - 3rd and 4 @ BUF 47 - 8 yard completion to Greg Little

Resulted in a 1 yard TD for McGahee after a 8 minute Drive sucking up the defense.

3rd Qtr; 1:27 3rd and 6 at Buf 28 - McGahee rushes for 16 yards. Resulted in a FG

4th Qtr: 5:08 3rd and 18 at CLE 35 - 18 Yard Completion to Gordon. Resulted in FG and took another 3 minutes of the clock. Plus they would have punted from Cleveland 35 ahead by only 3 points.

And then on a 1st and 25, they give up a 37 yard TD.

The Browns deserved to win because they made MORE plays than the Bills

Yes. While the Bills D was good percentage wise on 3rd down, they gave up some key conversions that really hurt them. Some of it was scheme on those plays and some was just poor coverage in the secondary. Gilmore's return will be huge.

Positives (good idea)...

1. Kiko (does he have a ceiling?)

2. Mario (Killing it and being utilized properly and playing hurt.)

3. Dareus (Back in shape for his position and Eating up opponents)

4. Kyle (steady, mean on the field and can still get to the passer)

5. Woods (fights for the ball and excellent routes)

6. Lawson (Edge setting extraordinaire)o

7. Freddy and Cj (gutting it out against a stout D)

8. Ej flashed some nice plays before the injury and didn't turn it over

Okay you and Big C need to hand over your torches and pitchforks. You two obviously don't know how to riot with the mob after a Bills loss. This is no time for thoughtful analysis! (Good job guys)

I liked the fact that they fought like hell; they played like they meant to win in impossible circumstances.

That bodes well for a young group learning its way

This. Imagine this defense with a healthy secondary, and they RAN the ball successfully against all odds until EJ went down.

They did everything I hoped a team full of rookies and new guys would do fought to the end and got screwed when their QB took a shot and went down. Backup QBs never do well coming in cold on the road like that, especially off a no-practice short week. Good progress. We got some good players on this team. If we can get a few of them on the field we'll be in good shape.

The entire defense is insanely good. The pass rush, run defense, goal line stand, banged up secondary. It was awesome. They get any help from the offense (and ST) and they kill them.

Except in the 4th QTR with the game on the line and only rushed four like Wannstache did last year.

Perhaps once Gilmore and Byrd get healthy they will be a top 10 D. They couldn't even stop father time (Willis) from getting first downs and scoring.

Tank for Johnny Football doesn't sound as unreasonable as it did before the season

Yes it does.

Another positive is our Sunday went be ruined by this team!

Not sure about you, but I look forward to the Bills games on Sundays. Am I disappointed when they lose? Sure, but I certainly don't let it ruin my day. My Sundays are built around the Bills games.

Not sure about you, but I look forward to the Bills games on Sundays. Am I disappointed when they lose? Sure, but I certainly don't let it ruin my day. My Sundays are built around the Bills games.

Exactly, I enjoy the games, I don't let it ruin my day/week because they lose.

Looks like Gilmore and Byrd will be ready next week which upgrades four positions...

Byrd at safety, Gilmore at CB, gets Searcy off the field as either Williams or Leonard goes to safety and gets Rogers off the field...

Also this team can run on anyone...

Put up 200+ yards against what was the #4 rush D in Baltimore and put up 160+ against Cleveland, the #3 rush defense...

This. I'm a fan and always want my team to win. I don't let my life get ruined after a loss like some others do.

Others have already mentioned this, but I want to emphasize it more - Freddy & CJ were excellent, gutting it out through injuries. Did everyone else see Spiller break away from the defense on his TD run on a bad ankle? Freddy wasn't flashy, but grinded out yards and got the offense into more-than-managable 3rd downs. I'm also glad he got the ball on the 1 yard line twice (for my fantasy team purposes).

I also haven't seen anyone mention the OL. They had their bad moments, but they did a good job all night of keeping some holes open enough for the RBs and protecting the QB. They could have been better, but they didn't lose the game for us.

Yes, the game was there for the taking once Hoyer left the game. Weeden looked horrible the first two series and the Bills didn't capitalize. As well as the defense played, they needed to make a big play and get a turnover in the second half. But I see this team on the cusp of winning a bunch of games, as long as EJ is ok.

Looks like Gilmore and Byrd will be ready next week which upgrades four positions...

Byrd at safety, Gilmore at CB, gets Searcy off the field as either Williams or Leonard goes to safety and gets Rogers off the field...

Also this team can run on anyone...

Put up 200+ yards against what was the #4 rush D in Baltimore and put up 160+ against Cleveland, the #3 rush defense...

Very good points. Having the full secondary back should open up Pettine's playbook as well.

Except in the 4th QTR with the game on the line and only rushed four like Wannstache did last year.

Perhaps once Gilmore and Byrd get healthy they will be a top 10 D. They couldn't even stop father time (Willis) from getting first downs and scoring.

Willis averaged like 2 yards per carry, and they had one goal line stand and would have had another but for Marrone's challenge (which negated the false start).

3rd down defense could improve some-- but you would expect your coverage to be good enough to not give up 19 yards on a 3rd and 18.