Sprained knee on EJ

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-8 weeks. Ouch

That is going to really hurt his development. That's a lot of time to miss.

I could be just reaching for optimism, but there is no way for them to know how long it will be. By providing the longest time frame of 8 weeks, they are looking at how these types of injuries have reacted with other players in the past. But RG3 had the same injury last year (before he tore his ACL in the playoffs) and he was only out 1 week. I think it is all depending on how he responds to treatment and how minor of a sprain it is.

I certainly don't know firsthand, but read on ESPN this morning that Caldwell has zero interest in him. They have Teddy Bridgewater in their sights.

Fair enough. I suspect that the average NFL GM has a lower opinion of Freeman than the average poster here on this board.

But Freeman almost certainly still thinks of himself as a starter, and will probably target a team which offers a good opportunity to compete for the starting position.

But but but he was IN a playoff game. As a Bills fan, i wasn't sure if the NFL still had playoffs.

Caldwell seems to be a real arrogant dude.....he acts as if he has THE PLAN for building a team......so far, and it is clearly too early to tell, his plan sucks.

His plan sucks? LOLWHAT? He took over easily the least talented team in the league. You buils successful teams from the lines out. He drafted what you hope to be a cornerstone OT in Joeckel. Now he has set his sights on riding out the storm with Gabbert, who is hilariously bad. Why would he do this?

Because he's got a perfect situation. He's in year 1 of his tenure and Gabbert is a 3rd year pro which buys him that last "maybe he can still reach his potential" season. Caldwell can say he's "evaluating" while letting Gabbert drive the train right to #1 overall and the franchise QB they desperately need.

5 games in and "the plan sucks"....wow

His plan sucks? LOLWHAT? He took over easily the least talented team in the league. You buils successful teams from the lines out. He drafted what you hope to be a cornerstone OT in Joeckel. Now he has set his sights on riding out the storm with Gabbert, who is hilariously bad. Why would he do this?

Because he's got a perfect situation. He's in year 1 of his tenure and Gabbert is a 3rd year pro which buys him that last "maybe he can still reach his potential" season. Caldwell can say he's "evaluating" while letting Gabbert drive the train right to #1 overall and the franchise QB they desperately need.

5 games in and "the plan sucks"....wow

Keep in mind, 5 games in here, and Marrone and Hackett should be fired, and Teul is going to be a solid QB!!

Here it is:

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 59s

According to a league source, #Bills QB EJ Manuel will be back in as early as 4 weeks, but there is a possibility he'll be out 6 to 8 weeks.

No disrespect to Joe B, but he's just speculating. I'm sure his "league source" is someone familiar with LCL sprains and their average healing time. Truth is, even Marrone said they won't know til the swelling goes down, hence why he didn't commit to a time table.

No disrespect to Joe B, but he's just speculating. I'm sure his "league source" is someone familiar with LCL sprains and their average healing time. Truth is, even Marrone said they won't know til the swelling goes down, hence why he didn't commit to a time table.

Not to mention that EJ is a big, young, tough, smart, hardworking guy with no real history of injury in college. It was very easy to predict he would be on the earliest possible end of the spectrum with his first injury, and no reason at all right now to think this wouldn't be similar. I predict he misses three games (depending on the play of his successor)

Not to mention that EJ is a big, young, tough, smart, hardworking guy with no real history of injury in college. It was very easy to predict he would be on the earliest possible end of the spectrum with his first injury, and no reason at all right now to think this wouldn't be similar. I predict he misses three games (depending on the play of his successor)

I'm with you on that.

Maybe even 2 games

I was thinking 3 as well, probably ok after 2 weeks, but 3 for precautionary measures.

Simple. Logical. Correct.

Simple. Logical. Stupid.

Playing Tuel hurts the team on a lot of fronts. It wastes one of Freds last years and severely hurts Spiller, as well as the development of Woods, Goodwin, TJ etc. it would significantly hurt the entire defense by forcing them into impossible situations rather than molding them into a wrecking crew. It would retard Hackett and Marrones ascension as coaches in the NFL, by not being able to carry out their plan. It hurts recruiting free agents who may be wanting to join something special. There are a lot of reasons tanking with Tuel is just an atrocious idea.