1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that gets me is if Freeman is so good, why is he available? You don't see Tom Brady or Peyton Manning sitting at home waiting for a phone call. We started the season with Kolb, Manual, and Tuel for a reason. Start Tuel next week and promote Thad Lewis to backup. Otherwise, why the hell are they signed?

By this reasoning we shouldn't bring in anyone b/c if they were worth a damn they wouldn't be available.

The thing that gets me is if Freeman is so good, why is he available? You don't see Tom Brady or Peyton Manning sitting at home waiting for a phone call. We started the season with Kolb, Manual, and Tuel for a reason. Start Tuel next week and promote Thad Lewis to backup. Otherwise, why the hell are they signed?

He is available b/c Tampa thought that it was in the best interest of their franchise to not have him looking over Glennon's shoulder. I would say that Freeman is about the 23rd-25th best QB in the NFL. He is not Peyton Manning but he is not Jeff Tuel either.

Unless Pryor craps the bed tonight, it would be ballsy for Oak to drop Freeman right in as the starter.

Might that be what Freeman is waiting for - to see what Pryor looks like tonight?

Prior does not look bad to me...He's putting up decent numbers on a team mostly devoid of offensive talent...And I mean mostly devoid...His top WR is Denarius Moore, who is a decent WR, but a #2 at best on most NFL teams...McFadden is hurt constantly...The O-Line is average...Still he's completed 65% of his passes and has a 86.7 QB rating...I'll tell you this much...I'd take Prior over Tuel...Maybe we can swing that if Freeman goes to Oakland? B-)

I was really hoping id log on this morning and see that they got someone. The longer it takes the more likely we will be playing tuel next week.

They really dropped the ball on this one. Having tuel occupy a roster spot when he isn't ready was foolish.

Not watching many bucs games, I decided to watch Freeman's highlights and I was really impressed.

If they got him, we may end up with qb controversy.

Not for the next 4-6 weeks we won't... ;)

You are right about that my friend.

Other thing I liked was that freeman is sort of the same style as ej, seems like he can scramble a bit. Not like a kolb type that you'd need a separate play book for.

We're dreaming. I'm doubting that they will land this guy.

The best spot for Freeman is here. He could - maybe even should - start next week. The Vikings have Cassel backing up Ponder. If he is serious, he can play for 6 weeks, and resurrect his career. He could be playing for a nice contract next year somewhere. Where else is he going to get that kind of chance?

This is my line of thinking as well. He came from a team with an underperforming OL, no slot WR and no TE. ALSO from a vertical passing scheme that is hell on a QB's stats (see: Philip Rivers 2011/12 v. 2013)

Here he has a solid OL, 3 or 4 good to decent WR, an average TE, and a rock solid running game. The scheme has deep shots that show off his arm but also low percentage short throws. He could flourish and make himself appealing to the league again

Hypothetically speaking, what if Freeman signs with Bills and they go undefeated prior to Manuel's return. Do you give the reins back to EJ or do you ride it out with Freeman?

How many weeks are we talking in this hypothetical situation?

3-0/3-1? EJ

4-0/4-1? Maybe let Freeman ride it out

5-0/5-1? No chance. You're sitting at 7-3 or 7-4 with victories over some really tough teams at this point; probably in the drivers seat for the wild card

The best spot for Freeman is here. He could - maybe even should - start next week. The Vikings have Cassel backing up Ponder. If he is serious, he can play for 6 weeks, and resurrect his career. He could be playing for a nice contract next year somewhere. Where else is he going to get that kind of chance?

The Vikings have one win against a bad Steelers team, they are done with Ponder and are looking for a long term solution. If they are considering him, he won't be the backup to Cassels whos already proven to be a full time starter. If they sign Freeman he will be the starter and if he plays well the rest of this season he will be their full time guy. With the Bills, he has to light things up and have some amazing games to even have a chance to be considered as a starter when EJs healthy. The Bills have their starter now and unless he has no better offer, I don't think he comes here

most recent update

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 1m

From @mortreport and me: Bills intensifying efforts Sunday night to sign former Bucs QB Josh Freeman. Vikings, Raiders also interested.

Chris Mortensen@mortreport 34s

Buffalo Bills have intensified efforts to sign Josh Freeman, just as Raiders are 30 minutes from kickoff. Bills sense AFC East is wide open

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

I think Freeman is dumb to pick a team today. If he waits until the end of the year or maybe even a few more weeks I think some very good teams might give up on their current QB's. The Texans come to mind. Schaub is running out of time to prove he is their guy. I probably would have said Dallas before Romo threw for 500 yards today, but give him a few more weeks of losing and he will be in the dog house. Other obvious situations are those in Oakland, Minnesota, Jax, Cleveland, NY Jets, etc. I think it's too early in the year and more opportunities will present themselves later on.

If they wish to save the season they go all out to get him....EJ out at least 8 weeks...Freeman pretty similar QB who is smart enough to learn enough of the offense and not panic when Def brings pressure. For those who say he hasn't won a game in TB I challenge you to look at the overall performance of that team. The only QBs in the league who may have won one is PM, TB* or DB.....just sayin