Official Game Day Thread: Bills at Browns, 10-3-2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is now a test of character for this team. They can't run effectively on the browns so it is time to see what EJ can really do.

this.

It will really tell is what this team, coaching staff, and quarterback is all about. Quick start and lead early to go down heading into the half. Lets see how they respond.

Relying on super games by your D while employing a conservative O is not a strategy that wins in this league. To keep the D from feeling like it has to win every game, this weak OC has to get this ball moving and open up the offense. Losing is easier to swallow when it seems like they're developing an offense and identity.

Edited by zonabb

I wonder if Hackett knows you don't always have to use 3 downs in a series

The most success they've had is when they came out throwing on 1st down instead of the conservative run, run, pass. They need to open it up a little bit. Nothing dramatic, keep the reads and throws safe but you can't become as predictable as they've become.

Coaching sucks this game. Why didn't they challenge the fumble the browns had on that KO return? And why cant you tell these guys to stop taking dumb penalties. They take them when they have the other team stopped. Why not tell EJ in this game if his first read isn't there to take off with the ball. I thought this guy would be great at picking up yards with his feet but his running ability is just being wasted. That should be making up for his lack of experience.

This is now a test of character for this team. They can't run effectively on the browns so it is time to see what EJ can really do.

I disagree, putting the game one EJ is hitting the panic button. Still a one score game, keep the run going, get Chandler involved and be patient.

Witnissing our headcoach not knowing the rules was pretty embarassing.

Hacketts playcalling sucks once again.

EJ looking more like that 5th rounder that Dallas had him pegged as.

The whole 2nd quarter was a cluster-you-know-what...It looked like Cameron twitched on the play Marrone threw the challenge flag...That could have been HUGE...Just one of the worst quarters of football you're ever going to see...So many mistakes, bad plays, bad penalties, Hughes covering the TE on a 3rd down, the punt return...Good grief...I can go on and on...Hope they got it out of their system because there is no way anyone can convince me this Browns team is better than the Bills...Even the banged up Bills...This is a win-able game, but you can't go out playing and coaching like idiots against ANY NFL team...This is a gut check for this young team...I'll be interested in how they respond...Forgive me if I have litte optimism at this point...That 2nd quarter was a serious shot to the gut... B-)

Well the fluky fast start was nice, but the Browns are showing they are a better team up and down the lineup. The defense has mostly held up (and would be fine if all parts were in place), but the offense flat out stinks.

Browns should be behind Buffalo in their rebuild, but yes, it appears anything but.