Setting up the Global Warming lies to come

OCinBuffalo

I am saying - Gosh - you guys are SOOOO smart here...I can't believe the world has not stumbled on to PPP and handed the keys to global management to you, DCTOM, 3rdning, Joe Miner and B-Man.....

Yes - because Krauthammer and the National Review don't come with an agenda :flirt:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I am SOOOOOOOO out of my league - seriously you need a link to believe my contention that Jan 2014 was the #4 ranked (just missed the bronze!)?

http://www.usnews.co...cord-noaa-finds

So - Here you go - but beware US NEWS is a left wing rag known to spew slanted facts as part of a massive left wing conspiracy that is using a combination of iffy anecdotal evidence coupled with researchers trying to get funded multiplied by the crazy coincidence of man made green house gasses rising at the same time as global temperatures resulting in a historical transfer of wealth.

Please help me out. January was the fourth hottest and driest since 1880, but it was cooler and wetter than 2007. Are you trying to point out that we are getting cooler or hotter? The article suggests both.

I am saying - Gosh - you guys are SOOOO smart here...I can't believe the world has not stumbled on to PPP and handed the keys to global management to you, DCTOM, 3rdning, Joe Miner and B-Man.....

Yes - because Krauthammer and the National Review don't come with an agenda :flirt:

NEWSPEAK: pointing out the agenda of the first article...........is "having an agenda"

everyone please correct your latest Newspeak books.........thanks.

You have a very shallow understanding of the very concept of "discussion".

Do we have a consensus on that?

I guess we'll have to take a vote to know if it's scientific fact or not. In the 70's the chatter was all about global cooling. I wonder if they ever took a vote and decided that global cooling was a fact? If so we're facing a real conundrum.

I guess we'll have to take a vote to know if it's scientific fact or not. In the 70's the chatter was all about global cooling. I wonder if they ever took a vote and decided that global cooling was a fact?

If so we're facing a real conundrum.

Vote for your favorite..................... Cooling or Warming ?

3728878873_1heatcoldmiser_xlarge.jpeg

A Cold Look at Global Warming

by Ramesh Ponnuru

Even if the advocates of carbon caps are right about the science, they’re wrong about the economics. That’s the argument of my new Bloomberg View column, which draws heavily on the work of Jim Manzi.

William Nordhaus, a professor of economics at Yale University and an advocate of a carbon tax, has estimated that
reducing emissions could yield a net benefit of about $3.4 trillion over the next several centuries
— which amounts to 0.17 percent of the present value of global economic output over that period.

As Manzi points out, though, that estimate assumes that a carbon-reduction program would be optimally designed, carried out and enforced.
And that is inconceivable

More at the link:

Climate Change Will Cause Rape and Murder and Assault and Robbery and Larceny and Make People Steal Your Car

This, from Mother Jones, is what people who are losing the argument look like:

Study: Global Warming Will Cause 180,000 More Rapes by 2099

Global warming isn’t just going to melt the Arctic and flood our cities—it’s also going to make Americans more likely to kill each other.

That’s the conclusion of a controversial new study that uses historic crime and temperature data to show that hotter weather leads to more murders, more rapes, more robberies, more assaults, and more property crimes.

“Looking at the past, we see a strong relationship between temperature and crime,” says study author Matthew Ranson, an economist with policy consulting firm
. “We think that is likely to continue in the future.”

Just how much more crime can we expect? Using the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s warming projections, Ranson calculated that from 2010 to 2099, climate change will “cause” an additional “22,000 murders, 180,000 cases of rape, 1.2 million aggravated assaults, 2.3 million simple assaults, 260,000 robberies, 1.3 million burglaries, 2.2 million cases of larceny, and 580,000 cases of vehicle theft” in the US.

Climate Change Will Cause Rape and Murder and Assault and Robbery and Larceny and Make People Steal Your Car

This, from Mother Jones, is what people who are losing the argument look like:

Study: Global Warming Will Cause 180,000 More Rapes by 2099

Global warming isn’t just going to melt the Arctic and flood our cities—it’s also going to make Americans more likely to kill each other.

That’s the conclusion of a controversial new study that uses historic crime and temperature data to show that hotter weather leads to more murders, more rapes, more robberies, more assaults, and more property crimes.

“Looking at the past, we see a strong relationship between temperature and crime,” says study author Matthew Ranson, an economist with policy consulting firm
. “We think that is likely to continue in the future.”

Just how much more crime can we expect? Using the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s warming projections, Ranson calculated that from 2010 to 2099, climate change will “cause” an additional “22,000 murders, 180,000 cases of rape, 1.2 million aggravated assaults, 2.3 million simple assaults, 260,000 robberies, 1.3 million burglaries, 2.2 million cases of larceny, and 580,000 cases of vehicle theft” in the US.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.