Setting up the Global Warming lies to come

OCinBuffalo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/03/09/senate-democrats-talkathon-climate-change/6172647/

Democrats plan all-night 'talkathon' on climate change

WASHINGTON—Just don't call it a filibuster.

A majority of Senate Democrats on Monday will launch an overnight "talkathon" until approximately 9:00 a.m. Tuesday to draw attention to climate change.

The overnight effort, organized by Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, is part of the recently launched Senate Climate Action Task Force headed by Sens. Barbara Boxer of California and Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island.

In a statement, Boxer said Democrats want to "wake up Congress" to the dangers of climate change.

The marathon session is not technically a filibuster in part because there is no legislation under debate, but overnight sessions are rare and likely to draw media attention to the topic — which is precisely the goal.

The most recent overnight "talkathon" session was led by Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, last September in an unsuccessful but highly public effort to block a stopgap spending bill.

The Democratic effort is cause for some confusion because these senators are calling for action in a chamber they control but without any specific legislation to offer up for a vote, or any timetable for action this year.

In other words its just B.S.

Well the dems all night talkathon on climate change was a smashing success............................lol

There's nothing better than watching liberals filibuster an assembly they control, to talk about laws they aren't proposing.

Who says Congress is broken?

Some of my favorite tweets about it:

#Up4Climate is just another way of saying #AnythingToDistractYouFromTheFailureofObamaCare

Hi @SenateDems, you've convinced me, we must stop weather. What's your plan?

If only @TheDemocrats had some sway in the Senate to be able to pass legislation. Oh wait, they control it.

Only liberals are able to stay #Up4Climate because everyone else needs to be #Up4Work tomorrow

More airliner turbulence due to Climate ChangeTM!!

http://news.yahoo.co...omments-postbox

You know what the sin of this is? What if these guys are actually right? It doesn't matter now.

Nobody is going to listen. We've had so much wolf crying, and political posturing. and flat out scams, to go along with the shoddy work and the obvious conflict of interest on the part of the AGW scientists...that a real guy who actually does something useful, will be crowded out by the noise.

I wrote this wiithout looking at the link. Now, I'm gonna click it.

:lol: I'm shocked. An article that talks more about air seats for children, than it does about AGW? Noooo. :lol: How about this?

There is no acceptable standard or objective definition of what constitutes turbulence

Jesus. Here we go again.

Yeah, I'm gonna measure the occurance of something(# of airline turbulence encounters), relative to an external set of somethings(CAT), and draw a direct line to another set of somethings(AGW)?

But? I can't even define or measure the original something, in neither a "standard" or "objective" way?

And, I have 0, nothing, in the middle, between the something, and the other something? Assume AGW, what about AGW causes the wind/temp changes that are required to increase turbulance? Show me exactly how that works....when you can't define turbulence consistently, or connect CAT directly to AGW, and have 0 chance of connecting CAT to airline encounters, because we can't even define what an encounter is? :rolleyes:

A study that measures something, when that something itself, never mind the breadcrumbs leading to it from AGW, are all undefined/not starndardized?

BS Flag.

1 paragraph in the entire piece that talks about AGW, and does NOTHING to support the second headline? How did we go from "may", as in the study done last year, to: "likely", as in the headline?

As I said: here we go again. /facepalm

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The Cap and Trade idea seemed like a pretty sensible way of trying to deal with greenhouse gases. Its not a solution but a good way to get started dealing with greenhouse gases

Why?

(Let him answer, everyone. I want to watch this. )

Why?

(Let him answer, everyone. I want to watch this. )

Oh no, am I falling into the great authors trap??? The military, history and science expert of PPP is going to get me, I'm so afraid of you Tom Dumb.

Ummmm....let me see...so there is less pollution?

Oh no, am I falling into the great authors trap??? The military, history and science expert of PPP is going to get me, I'm so afraid of you Tom Dumb.

Ummmm....let me see...so there is less pollution?

That had to be even better than what Tom was hoping for.