Joe Gibbs, desperate for work...

Just Jack

This brings back alot of memories for me reading the article. I coached 4 thru. 6 graders for 12 years I enjoyed it alot. I "retired" 5 years ago now. But I still enjoy going to watch them play Varsity Ball every Friday night. But i enjoyed watching the young men learn the game of Football. Right now the leading tackler on the high school team didn't know how to play until I showed him the technic of tackling with your head up. I still think of evryone of my players as my "sons". They still ,too this day, call me coach when they see me on the street. I think I might go back to coaching when my grand kids get to that age. I do miss coaching them. I alway called it "when the light turns on". This is when they just are not getting it and than all the sudden "BOOM" they get it. Just like turning a light on. Flip the switch. Well I will end this by saying GO BILLS

I coached 7-10 year olds for several seasons. It's the most fun that you can imagine. Everyone having fun, basically no serious injuries of any kind and just enough strategy to keep it interesting for the coaches. The part of the story where he tried to draw up plays on a white board made me laugh. I remember one instance, when we were struggling to pick up an opposing teams blitz, I asked one of our offensive linemen to draw on a white board where the opposing players were lining up. He drew 16 players on defense. I told him that now I saw why we were having trouble.

This brings back alot of memories for me reading the article. I coached 4 thru. 6 graders for 12 years I enjoyed it alot. I "retired" 5 years ago now. But I still enjoy going to watch them play Varsity Ball every Friday night. But i enjoyed watching the young men learn the game of Football. Right now the leading tackler on the high school team didn't know how to play until I showed him the technic of tackling with your head up. I still think of evryone of my players as my "sons". They still ,too this day, call me coach when they see me on the street. I think I might go back to coaching when my grand kids get to that age. I do miss coaching them. I alway called it "when the light turns on". This is when they just are not getting it and than all the sudden "BOOM" they get it. Just like turning a light on. Flip the switch. Well I will end this by saying GO BILLS

Great story my friend. It made me think about my first football coach. i started in 6th grade. To this day he is my favorite coach. I played into college and Coach Cobb was the best i had from a pure good person stand point. he taught us about the game and about team work. Taught us responsibility and respect for each other and ourselves.

I am sure Gibbs is getting a kick out of not having to put up with the Dan Snyder too!! ha