This board is almost unreadable after a loss

eball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree people take it overboard, but criticism is certainly justified as far as I'm concerned

which is fine and dandy, but i dont know that ive seen more than a couple posts that are criticism with constructive discussion of the root cause or a possible solution.

everything else is monkeys flinging... well... you know.

So it's generally "readable" for 6 weeks in the fall?

I'm looking at the Bills the way I kept score when I was learning how to golf. I know there's going to be a lot of bad, but I'm looking for the good. EJ is good. Woods and Stevie are good. Chandler is good. Alonzo, Lawson and safety A. Williams are good. The rest....a good mix of double bogeys and picking up the ball.

Fans get their expectations up too high, especially after a win, because we're so desperate for success. There were some talking about possibly making the playoffs and Manuel being RotY. Then when they have a stinker game it's crushing and fans overreact.

I've learned to expect the worst, and that way it's not so crushing when it occurs. If they have success it's gravy, but I don't expect it to last. I don't like thinking this way, but the Bills and Sabres over the years have made me cynical.

Just thought I'd mention it. See ya next week.

I was worried about the Jets game. Because while a lot had changed in the offseason, what remained is that the Bills (while clearly undermanned in the secondary) still seem intimidated by the Jets. It's been this way since Rex Ryan took over.

I don't think they fear the Ravens like the do the Jets. They always seem to play them well. So I'm hopeful for a good performance this week.

I agree people take it overboard, but criticism is certainly justified as far as I'm concerned

Criticism is fine provided it makes any sense. There are people on this forum that are ready to fire the entire coaching staff and get rid of players after 3 games, none of which was a blowout loss. That just doesn't make any sense.

Criticism is fine provided it makes any sense. There are people on this forum that are ready to fire the entire coaching staff and get rid of players after 3 games, none of which was a blowout loss. That just doesn't make any sense.

or move them all to LG....

Just thought I'd mention it. See ya next week.

It really is.... i just cant believe the stupidity i've been reading... TRADE EJ, TRADE CJ.

YES, it was a ugly loss, but its 1 game. EJ's growing on the job on WILL have some lumps. CJ looked out of sync. Guys get hurt, its NOT just us. Week 2 vs Carolina they had like more DB;s out than we did and we picked on them too..... Its just easier to over look when its not your team.... PPL need to CHILLAX!

Have to stay away for a few days till the wackos calm down.

Yeah, that's my approach as well. 24 hour rule. The first reaction people have is to overreact. But luckily, there are enough reasonable posters here to make the board worthwhile.

Bottomline, our team has had 2 games decided by a point and one by a td. We have our top 3 dbs out, a rookie coach and QB, our star rb struggling, a backup K, etc. What honestly did people expect? I'm a giant homer and never in a million years would I predict us to be 3-0.

which is fine and dandy, but i dont know that ive seen more than a couple posts that are criticism with constructive discussion of the root cause or a possible solution.

everything else is monkeys flinging... well... you know.

The proper nomenclature is Simian Scatalogical Warfare (SSW).

Have to stay away for a few days till the wackos calm down.

Not too sure about that. In my experience, you have to get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!