Let me explain how the NFL works

KikO M G

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who want to completely give up on this QB and coaching staff because of last Sunday are being way too reactionary. There are a handful of elite teams, a handful of horrible teams, and the vast majority of teams are somewhere in the middle. The question for those middle teams is which direction they are heading in.

With a rookie QB, no one thought the Bills would be elite from day 1, did they? What if the Giants gave up on Eli after he threw a bazillion interceptions in his rookie year? Then they would have two fewer championships today.

Look where the Bills are, only three games in to a completely new system, with one of the youngest teams in the league. They have been competitive in every game. That is the type of foundation that can be built upon. As the young team finds their rhythm, they will be more consistent and make fewer mistakes.

The team is much better than it's been, and if you can't see that, you haven't been paying attention. Manuel can and will improve. Give him a chance! He is a smart, talented, committed kid who has done nothing to make you doubt him. All rookies have up and down games. Even Luck and Cam put up some clunkers. Its part of the development process.

This is a very young team with a lot of play makers and future stars which will continue to play close competitive games, and which I expect to see continued improvement from.

Anyone who bails now is going to miss a fun ride.

I for the most part agree with your premise. I am can see a lot of improvement in our team already compared to last year, especially the defense. IMO if we can simply stop beating ourselves with dumb penalties and go back to taking advantage of what our offensive players do best, we can be competitive in every game. That being said, we are probably not going to compete for a playoff spot again this year. There are still to many weak spots in our game (mostly offensive gameplan/playcalling) for that, maybe next year. Anyhow, welcome to the forum, you might want to be a little bit more specific with your thread titles and whatever you do, do not make a mistake and hit "Post" more than once. Some of the posters here will club you to death for that (virtually). B-)

But can you explain how to heat soup in a microwave?

I find that heating soup in the microwave is similar to how the NFL works.

Low heat with regular 30 second stirring......then gradually increase the heat while maintaining stirring. Continually test the heat manually until nearly ready, then a final blast of 15 seconds on full heat.

See? It perfectly resembles how the NFL works. :unsure:

Those who want to completely give up on this QB and coaching staff because of last Sunday are being way too reactionary. There are a handful of elite teams, a handful of horrible teams, and the vast majority of teams are somewhere in the middle. The question for those middle teams is which direction they are heading in.

With a rookie QB, no one thought the Bills would be elite from day 1, did they? What if the Giants gave up on Eli after he threw a bazillion interceptions in his rookie year? Then they would have two fewer championships today.

Look where the Bills are, only three games in to a completely new system, with one of the youngest teams in the league. They have been competitive in every game. That is the type of foundation that can be built upon. As the young team finds their rhythm, they will be more consistent and make fewer mistakes.

The team is much better than it's been, and if you can't see that, you haven't been paying attention. Manuel can and will improve. Give him a chance! He is a smart, talented, committed kid who has done nothing to make you doubt him. All rookies have up and down games. Even Luck and Cam put up some clunkers. Its part of the development process.

This is a very young team with a lot of play makers and future stars which will continue to play close competitive games, and which I expect to see continued improvement from.

Anyone who bails now is going to miss a fun ride.

Most of what you say id true but you can not say we are a better team until this team wins. What if we win 3 games this year and only reach .500 after that. It's happened since Wade left and until this team Drafts better and retains its star players we will continue to muddle in mediocrity.

You may want to wait in see if Manuel succeeds before you put his name in yours.

Does the fact we have sucked for 13 years somehow change the timeline that a new team can develop? Seriously? Are we supposed to be good faster? What happens if we go 20 years? Super Bowl week one or bust?

PTR

if we go 20 years? if we go 20 years? (cue snide remarks and insults). if we go 20 years, then the team should be banned from the league by the competition committee. or perhaps a lower league can be set up with oakland, jax, cleveland, washington, st louis, jets, detroit etc and then we could watch close but horribly played games like last weeks, every week. seriously, even contemplating 20 years is pathologic but unfortunately realistic. but to contemplate it and remain somehow optimistic is bat schiet crazy.

watched the archie manning documentary last night. when his wife was talking about his nfl years and particularly his years with the saints, she lamented him having to work for such a bad organization. not a bad team, but a bad organization. and the pain was clearly visible in archies eyes as she talked. this is what bad organizations do to teams and even great players. and sadly, this is what i feel the bills will continue to do as long as current ownership remains. that's how the nil works, at least at the bottom.

if we go 20 years? if we go 20 years? (cue snide remarks and insults). if we go 20 years, then the team should be banned from the league by the competition committee. or perhaps a lower league can be set up with oakland, jax, cleveland, washington, st louis, jets, detroit etc and then we could watch close but horribly played games like last weeks, every week. seriously, even contemplating 20 years is pathologic but unfortunately realistic. but to contemplate it and remain somehow optimistic is bat schiet crazy.

You didn't answer the question. The longer you are bad does it mean you have to be great that much faster? If yes, then how?

PTR

Does the fact we have sucked for 13 years somehow change the timeline that a new team can develop? Seriously? Are we supposed to be good faster? What happens if we go 20 years? Super Bowl week one or bust?

PTR

I'm sure then that some people will find a convenient excuse why this team has bucked the odds and has sucked for 20 years.

I'm sure then that some people will find a convenient excuse why this team has bucked the odds and has sucked for 20 years.

Yes they suck a lot but fans have a totally unrealistic expectation for rapid improvement. The minute we lose a game it's time to blow the team up. Do you, GG, really expect the Bills to just come out of one camp and blow the league away? I know I know, 13 years, yadda yadda. But what do you seriously expect a team to just come out of the chute winning every game?