Let me explain how the NFL works

KikO M G

Those who want to completely give up on this QB and coaching staff because of last Sunday are being way too reactionary. There are a handful of elite teams, a handful of horrible teams, and the vast majority of teams are somewhere in the middle. The question for those middle teams is which direction they are heading in.

With a rookie QB, no one thought the Bills would be elite from day 1, did they? What if the Giants gave up on Eli after he threw a bazillion interceptions in his rookie year? Then they would have two fewer championships today.

Look where the Bills are, only three games in to a completely new system, with one of the youngest teams in the league. They have been competitive in every game. That is the type of foundation that can be built upon. As the young team finds their rhythm, they will be more consistent and make fewer mistakes.

The team is much better than it's been, and if you can't see that, you haven't been paying attention. Manuel can and will improve. Give him a chance! He is a smart, talented, committed kid who has done nothing to make you doubt him. All rookies have up and down games. Even Luck and Cam put up some clunkers. Its part of the development process.

This is a very young team with a lot of play makers and future stars which will continue to play close competitive games, and which I expect to see continued improvement from.

Anyone who bails now is going to miss a fun ride.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who want to completely give up on this QB and coaching staff because of last Sunday are being way too reactionary. There are a handful of elite teams, a handful of horrible teams, and the vast majority of teams are somewhere in the middle. The question for those middle teams is which direction they are heading in.

With a rookie QB, no one thought the Bills would be elite from day 1, did they? What if the Giants gave up on Eli after he threw a bazillion interceptions in his rookie year? Then they would have two fewer championships today.

Look where the Bills are, only three games in to a completely new system, with one of the youngest teams in the league. They have been competitive in every game. That is the type of foundation that can be built upon. As the young team finds their rhythm, they will be more consistent and make fewer mistakes.

The team is much better than it's been, and if you can't see that, you haven't been paying attention. Manuel can and will improve. Give him a chance! He is a smart, talented, committed kid who has done nothing to make you doubt him. All rookies have up and down games. Even Luck and Cam put up some clunkers. Its part of the development process.

This is a very young team with a lot of play makers and future stars which will continue to play close competitive games, and which I expect to see continued improvement from.

Anyone who bails now is going to miss a fun ride.

this is how the nfl works: there are some perennially bad teams with long standing bad owners. there are some perennially good teams with good owners. there are some bad teams with newer good owners that get better. there are some bad teams with bad new owners. the good teams and good owners win convincingly and regularly over the bad teams and bad owners.

"The Bills are, only three games in to a completely new system, with one of the youngest teams in the league"

How many times did you have that thought the last 13 years? While of course it is too soon to give up on EJ or Marrone, but it is certianly reasonable to expect this to be another lost season in terms of the playoffs. They are 0-2 in the division. Miami is 3-0 and has a better defense than the Jets. It is not even the end of September and there is no hope this team makes the playoffs. The best we can hope for is the EJ improves over the season, there are no more catastrophic injuries that will affect next year, and that Whaley does something extraordinary this off-season.

Edited by Dragonborn10

I think maybe you should have started by explaining how football works...it begins with the line on both sides of the ball. Control the line of scrimmage and your team will make plays. QB's look better, RBs look better and so on. I was woefully unimpressed by the O-line and D-line play. Sure there were miscues on the so called "skilled" positions, but all teams that are successful at blocking on O and penetrating and tackling on D win ball games.

My frustration is just in play calling in Sunday's game. We had two decent outings in the first two games. We faced a better defense than expected with the Jets. I don't understadn why we didn't hit the middle of the field harder at the 10-15 yd mark. We put EJ in a tough position with so many go routes, and running. There was so little in the middle. We needed faster plays with shorter routes to open up passing, and their secondary is better, or our WR are not that good.

I'm not panicking, but expect a better outing this week, and next. I thought our defense just was gased by the end of the game. No defense can be on the field that long and hold.

I'm ready to put it behind us, and now even more frustrating why we didn't win the Pats game. We'd still be 2-1.

No, the Bucs moved him to Left Guard.

:lol:

Let me explain how message boards work: posting the same thing more than once makes you look like a bigger idiot than you actually are.

So does posting smart ass comments in the same thread a minute apart...

Go a little easy on the newbies...