If Bryd is a man....

Estelle Getty

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say with all honesty I never thought this would happen...

I'm surprised and pleased... :thumbsup:

He had to play sometime. Missing the whole or even half the season with an injury that he's had since last season would kill his market value. I just figured he'd milk it until mid-season.

He had to play sometime. Missing the whole or even half the season with an injury that he's had since last season would kill his market value. I just figured he'd milk it until mid-season.

as someone said it's a national audience to showcase his audience. He'll play well and then say playing hurt his footsie.

just heard him on the John Murphy show and they asked him if the Bills asked him if he would play if they need him and he was noncommittal. Total terd, trade him, he hates it hear and is a bum. Play Jim Leonard and trade him for a jock strap.

No phucking way. Really? He said that? Even after being full go at practice for the first time? No suggestion that he's glad to be healthier or chomping at the bit to get in and help his teammates? No mention how tough it's been knowing how banged up those guys are and how he might be able to help?

Why am I not shocked. EVERYTHING he has said since signing his tender has been nothing but a note of discontent.

My respect drops another notch.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

True Doc...true...

But like you I figured it would be the ultimate milk job... ;)

No phucking way. Really? He said that? Even after being full go at practice for the first time? No suggestion that he's glad to be healthier or chomping at the bit to get in and help his teammates? No mention how tough it's been knowing how banged up those guys are and how he might be able to help?

Why am I not shocked. EVERYTHING he has said since signing his tender has been nothing but a note of discontent.

My respect drops another notch.

GO BILLS!!!

Why would he commit to play if the bills said they would really want him to? Of course his answer would be that he'd play when he was ready. Hopefully he's ready.

Why would he commit to play if the bills said they would really want him to? Of course his answer would be that he'd play when he was ready. Hopefully he's ready.

Sorry, No Saint. At this point I have to see at least some sense of urgency to at least want to get back in. To want to help out his teammates and that decimated secondary. From the sounds of it, he contradicts the report that it would be Marrone's decision to play him after he was full go today.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry, No Saint. At this point I have to see at least some sense of urgency to at least want to get back in. To want to help out his teammates and that decimated secondary. From the sounds of it, he contradicts the report that it would be Marrone's decision to play him after he was full go today.

GO BILLS!!!

It does seem to contradict -

but given the question: would you play if the bills said they needed you? Obviously he's not going to commit to play simply if the bills ask, or because someone else is hurt. He'd already be out there if that was the case. His decision is a month old, not new for today. He's says hell yes and the reporters first stop is asking marrones office for a "yes we want him to play"

Whether he's healthy today seems to be in question (sounds promising but we don't know)

Edited by NoSaint

shhhh you are not allowed to voice that both you can see both sides just shush and keep only agreeing with everyone else. lol ive tried saying both sides are at fault a bit here and people are such homers they cant see that maybe this bills FO deserves a little bit of the blame. i still dont trust this FO yet. they have about 15 years of getting it wrong in a row on the financial side of things and these guys keep guzzling the koolaid like this FO is 100% correct every time.

I was on Byrd's side at the beginning. I think that based on timing, he should be the top paid safety and couldn't understand why the Bills didn't pay him. I think he's that good..........Somebody else will then beat out his contract next year.

However, everything he has done and said since he signed the tender has made me turn against him and pretty much hate his guts...........I also realized why the Bills didn't want to give him a long term contract. He has two chronic injuries!

Same here. That remark caused me to lose a lot of respect for him as a football player. Just not a good team player based on that remark. Especially when you see first hand how decimated that secondary is or when you see, first hand, other players with painful injuries doing their best to get back on the field.

He broke the code.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly --- we all watched Urbick, Aaron Williams, Spiller, Freddie etc. etc --- limp their way back onto the battlefield . . . . it says a lot about football character . . . with him practicing in full, maybe he felt a little embarrassed, or maybe one of the leaders (Freddie or Kyle) sat down and talked to him --- who knows what's in that mind of his --- I also don't like his statement "I'm ready to play, but it's up to Coach Marrone" --- ****, has he been hiding in a cave these past few weeks, does he not realize that at one point in Sunday's game the Top 5 DB's on this team were not on the field due to injury --- Gilmore, Brooks, A Williams, McKelvin and oh yes, Byrd --- amazing ---

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

I would argue that he earned this money by outplaying his original contract.

What does that have to do with anything? Everybody is going to either outplay or underplay their original contract. Was he underpaid for a 2nd round safety on that contract?

My guess is that Byrd's agent will give him permission to play this week because it is a prime time game. Then the "injury" will flare back up for the next game. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think so...

I saw this one coming. Suddenly he feels better now that we have a prime time game coming up.

"It’s something that is chronic so it takes a while. So each time you’ve got to see, one day you might feel great and the next day you might have a setback and it might get a little achy on you."

Sounds like somebody you definitely want to lock up long term.

"It’s something that is chronic so it takes a while. So each time you’ve got to see, one day you might feel great and the next day you might have a setback and it might get a little achy on you."

Sounds like somebody you definitely want to lock up long term.

I thought the same thing, WHY would he ever describe his injury as CHRONIC ??? . . . .

What does that have to do with anything? Everybody is going to either outplay or underplay their original contract. Was he underpaid for a 2nd round safety on that contract?

The difference for Byrd right now is that he can be selfish and risk little personally as the franchise deal leaves him set personally for life. However, to play would be a selfish move because if he negotiates a long term deal not only him and his parents but also relatives past his cousins and beyond would also be set. The irony here is that the manly thing to do is to not sign until he gets a career deal because if he signs the big contract his immediate family plus are the winners. If he "manned up" as some demand and signed he would actually be doing the selfish thing as he would be choosing his teammates over his close but still fairly immediate (aunts, uncles and cousins) family. I have no problem with either choice but playing and risking a multi-year deal would actually be quite selfish and pretty unmanly IMHO. Its his choice though.