RE watched/studied bills/jets- EJ n CJ not so bad

enlightener

I replayed some key plays over and over and saw the following... 1. Plays where all 4 receivers ran a 5 yard hook, DBs and WRs alike stood there looking at EJ with no deep route, no crossing pattern. this is pathetic I watched EJ smartly hold it and try to avoid a sack but whats he supposed to do? no wonder he had 8 sacks, I blame the OC not designing plays with outlets. 2. passes out of bounds were EJs fault but whys that the only outlet pass? those are low percentage plays to begin with. 3. CJ- he was given no running room, bad run blocking (besides Brown) I saw Wood do little and Glenn miss blocks, the whole idea of shotgun sweep plays is a joke, those rarely work but even worse when that's your only run play. The fumbles are still on Spiller and his last name is becoming his trademark. GIVE HIM SOME SCREENS AND DRAWS HACKETT!!!! why is it every year there is one coach/player that absolutely holds us back from success? Rob Johnson, Gilbride, Trent, Wanstadt/G.Edwards and this years candidate.... Hackett. One more side note, as bad as EJ and CJ looked, look how good McKelvin and the linebackers look with a new D coordinator. If the former bust McKelvin can be successful with a good DC, maybe its why EJ and CJ look so bad this year.

Hackett is way in over his head. Marrone placed a bad bet here. I shared this in another post -> Marrone thinking that Hackett could go toe to toe with Belickick, Ryan, Miami's D, Baltimore's D, KC's D, Zimmer from Cincinnati..........Really!!!!!!!!!!! Could Hackett become a good coordinator, anything is possible, but I don't want to wait until 2016 - 2017 for that to happen. Hackett was a very bad choice and has not shown any signs of improvement during these first three weeks.

This really is not as complicated as people are making it out to be......

- First....I think that Hackett does not know exactly what type of back he has in Spiller....he probably wants him to be more like Adrian Peterson a workhorse type back......CJ Spiller is NOT a workhorse back...he never will be a workhorse type back! It does not mean that he cannot be a dynamic effective extremely play maker for us.....but you cannot run him up into the OL hopingthat his blinding speed allows him to come out the other side.....he is NOT a up the middle back.....you have to draw up plays that get him in space....whether that be draws, screens, passes, etc etc etc.....it really is that simple......you do that and he will get himself going and then he actually CAN run up the middle a little bit......but as a grind it out back? Not gonna happen.

- BECAUSE we could not run the ball.....and because we keep running these short routes a good defensive coordinator is going to know how to make EJ not trust his reads.....he is a ROOKIE......its gonna happen.

Quite simply....the easiest way to fix this stuff

- Put CJ and Freddie on the field at the same time......dont be so quick to give away what the play is from the snap....use Freddie to get tough yards in short yardage and get CJ involved with more passes draws.

- Nobody should be running routes that are short of the first down marker.

- Get TJ Graham out of there and put a WR who is a willing blocker onto the field who is a bigger target for EJ and will fight for a damn ball

- Give EJ a hot read...someone he goes to when no one else is open.....where is Larry Centers when you need him?

This in itself would fix a lot of problems.......

The game was winnable.

This team looked underprepared and the play calling was predictable.

As the offensive coordinator, Hackett should take the blame. Adjustments made after each 3-and-outs failed and it's becoming an issue week in and week out.

Baltimore is next. I'm optimistic for a win. But, it all falls on play calling, which has been collegesque

I was thinking we'd run screens in the second half, but NO!!!!!! Why did we not counter their rushes with a screen play? Horrible.

If you give a very good defense like the Jets an offense so predictable like the one we saw and you get the meltdown that we saw yesterday.

I'd like to see the Bills play EJ under center 75% of the plays this week so that they can have real play fakes and bootleg option plays.

It was easy to tell what play the Bills were going to run and when the ball was snapped there was no element of surprise of fakes. Against a very good defense that tells their players to attack the football.

Maybe this way there will be WRs wide open, and there will be some space for our skill players to operate.

LOL, LOL, LOL....I knew you couldn't just leave the thread alone. You said you were exiting the thread and suddenly appear. I'm ok with that mind you, you are now free to walk about the thread.

if nothing else, weve learned micro will absolutely not be leaving even if declared otherwise.

I agree that Hackett seems to be in over his head. Let's hope he's smart and a fast learner. Maybe he will learn and get better along with Manuel. We can only hope.

We should expect improvement by midseason and then incremental improvement each game thereafter...

My question is why would anyone waste the time watching that mess again? Go outside and enjoy the nice weather or something my friend.

well we wait all year and talk draft and coaching moves and schedule etc....I think the actual game is worth talking about. it made me feel better to know WHY we played that bad and mostly to see if EJ and CJ suck or if it was the scheme, im relieved to know its scheme. hopefully Hackett has a brain and can learn or we dump him next season.

What i would like to know is ... Why can a bunch of arm chair GMs on this forum all agree on a few key points, yet the Bills brain trust can't figure it out?

PS: I almost cried when the third-and-short play was a poorly thrown long pass down the sideline to a well covered receiver. I really thought we had seen the last of that nonsensen.

its point # two ---see the point after the 2? I cant space out or put breaks in my posts for some reason.

Enlightener - I've had this problem with the posting for months now - I can't hit the "return" button and get a new line. In fact, any post I write has to be all in one paragraph! Two Bills Drive MODERATORS - what is going on with this???

Enlightener - I've had this problem with the posting for months now - I can't hit the "return" button and get a new line. In fact, any post I write has to be all in one paragraph! Two Bills Drive MODERATORS - what is going on with this???

I can at work (like im at work now and the space worked) but if i try on a personal computer i too get your "no enter" issue too.

Mods what's up?

This board swallowed the hype that CJ was the next Chris Johnson (before Chris Johnson became the half assed RB he is today). CJ could not beat out FJ as a rookie. He could not beat out FJ when he was second year back until FJ got hurt. And a s third year back he is half the back that an old FJ is. He is the same back the Chris Johnson is today. A flash in the pan. He is a good runner but he is not a good running back. He can't block, he can't break a tackle, he can't find a small hole and get through it. He's super when he has a big hole. But he goes down faster than a ______ after a bar of soap.