Andy Levitre

BreezeMafia

Also, the Bills are averaging 4.4 ypc compared to the Titans' 3.9. And even with the crapfest on Sunday, the Bills have given up 9 sacks to the titans' 7. The titans also spend a top 10 pick on a guard. With the Bills having such a terrible oline and the Titans having the great AL, why are these stats even close?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the Bills are averaging 4.4 ypc compared to the Titans' 3.9. And even with the crapfest on Sunday, the Bills have given up 9 sacks to the titans' 7. The titans also spend a top 10 pick on a guard. With the Bills having such a terrible oline and the Titans having the great AL, why are these stats even close?

CJ Spiller is averaging 3.6 YPC and it would be even lower if you took one single long 46 yard run away from him= about 2.48, which is unbelievably bad considering he averaged 6.0 last season.

The Titans are playing Jake Locker at QB and a rookie Chance Warmack at RG so the team will see some growing pains. The Titans are currently 2-1 and should finish with a better record then the Buffalo Bills this season. It should be interesting to watch how both teams compare this year.

Andy Levite is missed on that line no question about it. But I highly doubt his absence is the sole reason as to why the Bills have having so much trouble running CJ Spiller this season.

You don't give OT money to a guard.

Play-calling was a bigger issue than O-line play. EJ took a couple of those sacks because he held the ball too long. He's a rookie. The pass protection was good enough.

Our current LG is worse than Levitre. We can all agree to that. We would all have preferred to keep him, and if there was an opportunity to do so at less than the Titans paid, then that would be a missed opportunity.

All that said, I do not want Levitre or Dockery (lol) back at unreasonable OG money. Just like I don't want Byrd for HOFer money. Bad contracts make our team worse in other areas, and I hope our front office avoids bad contracts year after year. Guard is clearly one of the most replaceable positions, and one where the difference from solid to great makes less of a difference than the difference from solid to great at another position. I don't know if we have a solid guard right now, and I would like that position to get better. But we are talking about allocating finite resources, and not paying huge dollars to a guard seems like a wise decision, even if he is obviously better than the next guy up.

CJ Spiller is averaging 3.6 YPC and it would be even lower if you took one single long 46 yard run away from him= about 2.48, which is unbelievably bad considering he averaged 6.0 last season.

The Titans are playing Jake Locker at QB and a rookie Chance Warmack at RG so the team will see some growing pains. The Titans are currently 2-1 and should finish with a better record then the Buffalo Bills this season. It should be interesting to watch how both teams compare this year.

Andy Levite is missed on that line no question about it. But I highly doubt his absence is the sole reason as to why the Bills have having so much trouble running CJ Spiller this season.

No offense but this is such faulty logic.

1) The Titans are going to see growing pains with a 3rd year QB, yet the Bills won't with a rookie? :blink:

2) The Bills average more points than the Titans.

3) If you take away Chris Johnson's longest run, he is 3.4 ypc. That's silly logic. Also, CJ is one of the most explosive backs in the game. Why isn't he getting to the 2nd level better? Could that possibly be the fault of the oline.

It's funny how some criticize the Bills, yet make excuses for other teams. i've said all along I wanted AL if the price was right. But you're kidding yourself if he is the reason the Titans are 2-1. Guards are very replaceable. The problem is the Bills didn't find the right guy. But spending that much money on a guard is foolish.

It's truly amazing we didn't win 4 Super Bowls while Levitre was with us. He might only have been the 13th best guard in the league, but man, was that guy durable!

It's too bad Denver didn't throw $47M at Levitre. If they didn't get stuck with Vasquez for $20M, they might actually be able to score once and a while.

And do you believe all these "experts" predicting the playoffs for Seattle? Don't these idiots know that that they start two JAGs at both guard spots??? Hahaha my god they only pay the one guard minimum salary! I feel bad for the Seahawks and their fans.

It's truly amazing we didn't win 4 Super Bowls while Levitre was with us. He might only have been the 13th best guard in the league, but man, was that guy durable!

It's too bad Denver didn't throw $47M at Levitre. If they didn't get stuck with Vasquez for $20M, they might actually be able to score once and a while.

And do you believe all these "experts" predicting the playoffs for Seattle? Don't these idiots know that that they start two JAGs at both guard spots??? Hahaha my god they only pay the one guard minimum salary! I feel bad for the Seahawks and their fans.

You are so right! I am so glad that Brown is our G and not that stinking Levitre because, well, Yay Money! Boo Wins! And we are so exactly like Seattle, it's a totally perfect comparison. Why can't people see that? Because they don't have your insight, thats why.

Buffalo has rushed for 4 more yards than Tennessee. Stats rarely tell the tale. Chocolate and vanilla are both favors of ice cream but that is where the similarity ends. Look at the games each team has played, the way they were played, and you might understand more about what I meant. Field position, philosophies, sacks, turnovers, officiating, opponents and injuries all change the complexion of a game and there by the outcome. Lets examine these stats after eight games.

We are gonna win the salary cap Super Bowl!!

I guess someone forgot to bump this! The Titans led by the great Levitre, dominated the trenches to the tune of 78 yards on 31 rushes (2.5 ypa) while the Bills ran for 200 yards against the Ravens.

If only we had PFF's 39th ranked run-blocking G, we would have rushed for 400 yesterday.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess someone forgot to bump this! The Titans led by the great Levitre, dominated the trenches to the tune of 78 yards on 31 rushes (2.5 ypa) while the Bills ran for 200 yards against the Ravens.

Yeah but if you take away the long runs, it wouldn't have been 200 yards

:rolleyes:

Someone (i think Scott Pioli) said on Sirius this morning that Locker had a 130 qb rating when he got hurt. Does this matter at all to you, or would you just rather insult a player who played well for this team? C'mon man......

If only we had PFF's 39th ranked run-blocking G, we would have rushed for 400 yesterday.

GO BILLS!!!

:w00t:

:thumbsup:

This is a great way to foster a more receptive community. Let's rub their nose in it because today we did better than they did. Common people.

Someone (i think Scott Pioli) said on Sirius this morning that Locker had a 130 qb rating when he got hurt. Does this matter at all to you, or would you just rather insult a player who played well for this team? C'mon man......

I'm far from insulting him. I think the Bills would be better with him. But not for that money. And it's hilarious that people want to rip the team for letting him go after a loss. I just find it funny that the same folks don't bump the thread after the Bills ran for 200 yards against the champs.

The Bills had an outliner game in which they gave up 8 sacks against the Jets. Additionally, they rushed for 120 yards, 4.8 ypc, against the same Jets team the Titans struggled against. My whole point is be consistent. IMO, Andy Levitre's loss is not worth the money he is now getting paid.

I'm far from insulting him. I think the Bills would be better with him. But not for that money. And it's hilarious that people want to rip the team for letting him go after a loss. I just find it funny that the same folks don't bump the thread after the Bills ran for 200 yards against the champs.

The Bills had an outliner game in which they gave up 8 sacks against the Jets. Additionally, they rushed for 120 yards, 4.8 ypc, against the same Jets team the Titans struggled against. My whole point is be consistent. IMO, Andy Levitre's loss is not worth the money he is now getting paid.

https://www.google.com/#q=jake+locker+stats

Not too shabby

This is a great way to foster a more receptive community. Let's rub their nose in it because today we did better than they did. Common people.

With all due respect, this entire thread was made to rub it in Bills' fans faces. And I'm not rubbing it anyone's face. Just because consistent. The Bills are running the ball better than the Titans.

Losing a good free agent usually hurts the team that lost them more than it helps the team that acquires them. It often takes a while to get impact from a new veteran acquisition. Case in point, Mario Williams. He started off slow last year and had a good second half of the season but what he brought to the Bills was far less impactful than what he took away from Houston. By the end of the season Houston was dying for the impact that Williams was producing. Barwin and Reed looked good replacing the injured Mario part way thru the 2011 season, but with Mario out of the picture for an entire season they got exposed. Houston was the team to beat until their defense lost it's teeth late in the year.

And they had a good deal invested in replacements for Mario including Whitney Mercilus. That differs from the Bills plugging in a jouneyman who had been on IR last year to replace Levitre. Still, it didn't help Houston much last year. They had a window last year and they missed it, perhaps simply due to bad timing with a free agent.

Losing Levitre has had a big impact on CJ Spiller's game.....it has basically returned Fred Jackson to the primary offensive weapon role when Spiller was supposed to be some great superstar difference maker........and Colin Brown has been pretty awful and was horrendous in the loss to the Jets.

Yeah, they miss Levitre. A lot.

Would they be 4-0 with Levitre here? I think they probably would. A little more space for Spiller and a little more time for EJ would go a long way. They have had 3 home games, and the pass rush has been outstanding in all 3 and that has put the team in position to win all three despite an otherwise tattered secondary and scuffling offense. In the one road game they have played, the pass rush was a step late and that was the difference in the tenor of that entire game versus the three home games....... but the Jets did everything they could otherwise do to lose that game and the Bills offense was just anemic because of poor OL and subsequently poor QB play. You can mock the loss of Levitre all you want but I would gladly trade those two more wins for $8M in cap space, even if all the Bills had was $8M in cap space instead of $20M.

It doesn't come down to whether it is a good idea to overpay a guard or draft one in round one....it comes down to having a good, highly invested player and keeping him as long as you can afford it and especially...ABSOLUTELY.... if you have no backup plan. The Bills could afford it and they had no backup plan whatsoever. I mean, I am very skeptical about the draft value of DB's.......and this season is bolstering my point considerably.....but that doesn't mean I thought they shouldn't have re-signed Leodis McKelvin. You gotta' make the best of the hand you are dealt 100% of the time. That is the least you can do.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ