Pats Jets Game Thread - Who's watchin??

BringBackFergy

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose they run off the bench and pile drive Tom Brady's knees after the kneel down? OK, it's far fetched, but if something like that happened -- not just Belichick -- but a whole lot of other people would point out that they should've already been in the locker room.

Haha. Ok.

Belichick was totally right for wanting those players to leave the field. Ridiculous that it wasn't enforced to begin with.

Belichick has my complete sympathy over the situation. He simply isn't used to the refs not automatically doing exactly what he wants without having to ask.

Belichick was totally right for wanting those players to leave the field. Ridiculous that it wasn't enforced to begin with.

There are TONS of rules not enforced in the NFL.

Here's the ProFootballTalk article on the incident

Dbrick ejected for throwing a punch, colon for touching a ref

Both could possibly be suspended for the game vs Bills

http://t.co/4oG0MjVHTA

Gotcha. Thanks.

Good thing they were removed. That kneel down probably wouldn't have went so smoothly.

Rex is a good football coach but you can't get very far without good quarterbacking.

Geno did not look very good tonight, but Bills fans who expected the Jets to be one of the worst teams in the league are going to be disappointed. They have a good O-line and an extremely good defensive front seven. They are going to be a tough out all season long. And Geno will get better. Edited by mannc

Wow! What a game. A couple overall observations that are probably obvious but i need to get off my chest.

Smith had a good first half but was AWFUL the second half. A below average QB could have beaten the Pats. I am so glad we didn't draft him. He may have some good plays but is way too inconsistent and inaccurate.

Secondly, while good the Pats are also sooooo lucky. This is a game they should have lost 90% of the time. Why do teams always self-destruct against them? I'd like to say they aren't that good this year but, even so, by the time teams stop giving away games to them they will get the kinks worked out, play better, and win those games too. They'll win the division by default again.

Geno did not look very good tonight, but Bills fans who expected the Jets to be one of the worst teams in the league are going to be disappointed. They have a good O-line and an extremely good defensive front seven. They are going to be a tough out all season long. And Geno will get better.

I agree with all you wrote except for the last comment.

There is absolutely no way of knowing if Geno will get better or even get worse. Most crappy rookie QBs don't get much better as their short careers progress.

I agree with all you wrote except for the last comment.

There is absolutely no way of knowing if Geno will get better or even get worse. Most crappy rookie QBs don't get much better as their short careers progress.

We'll see. I thought he looked good at times, but obviously he missed badly on some throws at the end. Weather could have been a factor, too.

Geno should have eight interceptions. He has no pocket presence. He doesn't seem to see his 2nd or 3rd progression. He makes questionable decisions under any stress. But he throws a really nice ball every seven passes.

You and I watched the same game. Geno drops back and stares down his first read. If that guy is open, there's a good chance Geno puts the ball where it needs to be. Otherwise, a complete crap shoot.

He's not "throwing his receivers open" -- that's for sure.

Also sacked four times, but to his credit -- no fumbles!

"Mistakes" vs. the Pats* -- Geno 7, EJ 0

TD passes vs. the Pats* -- EJ 2, Geno 0

Really happy with the guy we drafted.

You and I watched the same game. Geno drops back and stares down his first read. If that guy is open, there's a good chance Geno puts the ball where it needs to be. Otherwise, a complete crap shoot.

He's not "throwing his receivers open" -- that's for sure.

Also sacked four times, but to his credit -- no fumbles!

"Mistakes" vs. the Pats* -- Geno 7, EJ 0

TD passes vs. the Pats* -- EJ 2, Geno 0

Really happy with the guy we drafted.

Maybe Geno needs to watch some film.

Geno did not look very good tonight, but Bills fans who expected the Jets to be one of the worst teams in the league are going to be disappointed. They have a good O-line and an extremely good defensive front seven. They are going to be a tough out all season long. And Geno will get better.

I'm not so sure about that. I was actually surprised how well he started playing but the more snaps he took the more he looked like an unprepared rookie. All three of those INTs were terrible and a few more should have been picked off. His pocket presence is pretty bad too. Pocket Presence is very very difficult to teach. Some guys have it (Brady, Manning) Other guys just don't (Losman)

I agree with you on the Jets overall though. With better skill players theyd be a good team

I'm not so sure about that. I was actually surprised how well he started playing but the more snaps he took the more he looked like an unprepared rookie. All three of those INTs were terrible and a few more should have been picked off. His pocket presence is pretty bad too. Pocket Presence is very very difficult to teach. Some guys have it (Brady, Manning) Other guys just don't (Losman)

I agree with you on the Jets overall though. With better skill players theyd be a good team

Well, he got progressively worse as the game went on. As more teams study tape on him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the wheels come off.

Well, he got progressively worse as the game went on. As more teams study tape on him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the wheels come off.

I think therein lies the difference between the two teams. In training camp, it became obvious that EJ would be the guy starting the season. The injury to Kolb simply made the decision academic. But you sensed that EJ won the job fair & square. It was the exact opposite w/ NJ Jets, where Sanchez was the better QB, but Ryan was forced into starting Geno. This is probably the worst case scenario for them, because Geno may have a shot of being a decent QB if he wasn't rushed into game action. But similar to what we experienced with JP, throwing him to the wolves too soon could be a career killer.