Robert Woods or Stevie Johnson

saundena

Word of advice on fantasy you should never start two players form the same team. YOur comment of potential 2x points is a big gamble. If the colts have an off day you willl be in trouble. You should spread it around as much as possible.

My team is this.

Drew Brees

CJ2K

Matt Forte

Andre Johnson

Jordy Nelson

Julius Thomas - got him on waivers lol

Phil Dawson

Bills Defense

As others have mentioned I would start Stevie. Rookie to Vet is bad enough. Rookie to Rookie is really bad. Who else do you have on your bench?

I have won my league 3 years in a row and came in 2nd the other two years. I kinda know what i am doing.

Edited by kota

I would make that trade any time...Gore is super steady and reliable. I had him last season, as kind of an afterthought, and he was, by far, my best, most consisitant player. Steve Johnson will give you 4 or 5 good weeks and then 8 or 9 "meh" weeks.

I also scooped up Robert Woods in the late rounds of our draft...after watching about 4 or 5 of his college games, and his pre-season games (to a lesser extent) I have this fantasy that he could become another Anquan Boldin type receiver, with a little more speed maybe...it may take a while to realize that potential, but hey, they call it "fantasy football" for a reason.

That said, I will go against the grain, and say you should start Hilton.

That would be awesome, but he would have to put on 30 lbs of muscle to be anything like Anquan.

Woods

Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)

Anquan

Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)

To those asking why would anyone trade a RB for a WR.... Reason is that he is stacked at RB and im not. My RBs are spiller joquie bell and bradshaw who i picked ip in tje later rounds. CJ will be great and I loved bell when he played in buffalo. I think he could win that sfarting job in detroit.... But its not a given, hence my reason for wanting gore

PS if you jave never participated in a auction league i suggest trying it out nect year. so much more fun and stratrgy to be had. Thanks for all of your input so far keep it rolling and....

Go Pats* (i think i should root for them tonight)

Roll Tide

...AND GO BILLS!

PPS please excuse the spelling TBD is blocked at work

Edited by saundena

Not to mention the Bills D, lol

No, No - I don't have the Bills D...

Spiller was my first pick (after I was outbid on Peterson and Doug Martin) and 3rd pick of the auction. Stevie I got in the later rounds for around $15 I think. Woods and Bell were Waiver-Wire pickups.

I have a rule about fantasy and that is that I must have at least 2 Bills players on my team, and 1 starting every week. It hasn't hurt me too bad over the years. as I placed 2nd last year and consistntyl make my money back on other yeasr. Want to win it all this year- hence the reason why I'm asking for your advice!

No, No - I don't have the Bills D...

Spiller was my first pick (after I was outbid on Peterson and Doug Martin) and 3rd pick of the auction. Stevie I got in the later rounds for around $15 I think. Woods and Bell were Waiver-Wire pickups.

I have a rule about fantasy and that is that I must have at least 2 Bills players on my team, and 1 starting every week. It hasn't hurt me too bad over the years. as I placed 2nd last year and consistntyl make my money back on other yeasr. Want to win it all this year- hence the reason why I'm asking for your advice!

Oh that was a different poster in this thread. My bad. Bills D not a nbad play though once Gilmore & Byrd are back...

The real question is, do i start Fred over CJ? I just dropped Miller from the Dolphins, picked up Fred.

I would still roll with CJ. I picked up Fred too this week, but if I had to pick one I would give CJ a mulligan for last week and go with him

SJ.

He seems to be playing a lot in the slot. Woods is stuck outside.

Against a team with decent CBs, you want the WR matched against the weakest CBs. = slot. = SJ

(and btw, not only do you not hear SJ complain about being moved to the slot, he seems to LOVE it).

Edited by maddenboy

I'm not unbiased (obviously,) but SJ is still a great start, I think.

I also think if I had Spiller in my fantasy league I would ride with him. The Pats obviously chose to make their defensive primary goal limiting him. Everything was keyed on that. I think other teams will play a more balanced defense than that and Spiller will start getting his yards again.

Week 1 is always a weird one in the NFL. It's always best not to overreact to it.

That would be awesome, but he would have to put on 30 lbs of muscle to be anything like Anquan.

Woods

Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)

Anquan

Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)

Yeah, I realize Boldin is bigger, and perhaps I should have qualified my statement...I was talking about their temperament, and toughness. I had never seen Woods play a lot in college, but after the Bills drafted him, I watched a number of USC replays on Big Ten Network. What impressed me so much about Woods was how scrappy and tough he was...and he really seems to enjoy playing with a lot of contact...for me, Anquan is one of the toughest SOB's to play WR in the last 30 years or so...love watching him play...Woods reminds me of him in that way. Woods was a little overshadowed at USC by his teammates, it seems, just like Anquan in Arizona. I think Woods can get bigger, maybe not, but I don't think he is as fragile as some WR.

this fantasy football really annoys me. how about we focus on stevie and Robert woods both having big games so we can get a win. whos your fantasy left tackle and guard?....

I dont get it either. Hell, at work its all they talk about. On the computer for hours on end. To each his own I guess.

Hats off to the NFL though. They came up with a way to get a lot of non football fans to watch games. Marketing ingenuity.

I'll stick with my fantasy water polo. LOL !!

Edited by jaybee

I dont get it either. Hell, at work its all they talk about. On the computer for hours on end. To each his own I guess.

Hats off to the NFL though. They came up with a way to get a lot of non football fans to watch games. Marketing ingenuity.

I'll stick with my fantasy water polo. LOL !!

Don't get me wrong. I love FF, but I'm a Bills fan first. In fact, I'd give up a kidney or half a liver, maybe a few fingers or so if it would guarantee that I see us win a SB in my lifetime....

Still, if you've never played FF, you should try it. It makes many of the games so much more interesting... especially if you have Sunday ticket. You can watch the game that has the biggest FF implications.

Edited by saundena