Jacksonville crowd shot mid-game

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the thread title it sounded like someone was executing NFL fans Aaron Hernandez style.

The simple fact that ownership didn't have the sense to bring in Tebow just to fill seats tells me all I need to know about that franchise. They're not committed to winning nor are they committed to selling tickets. Fans are probably smart to stay home.

Who says they are not committed to winning? they are in the first year of another new coaching staff and front office. Isn't their new GM that guy that was highly respected in Atlanta with Buffalo ties? Its year one of another extensive rebuild there, I would definitly expect this.

I'm surprised that there wouldn't be more praising Khan and his team for not going after the marketing ploy of bringing in Tebow just to sell tickets and merchandise

The Bills actually used to have trouble filling the Ralph for playoff games when we were a winning franchise. Maybe Ralph was onto something with the losing product: Hope sells.

this gets mentioned each time a thread like this emerges.

It is a completely different era now. There is a greater demand for tickets and the live experience across the board. Also, you now have the ability to purchase and resell tickets on the internet. They also caught on and teams offer playoff ticket sales well ahead of time instead of scrambling the week between Week 17 and the Wild Card game.

I have trouble believing the Bills would have any trouble selling out a home playoff game at this point.

That was taken with less than 2 minutes left in the game - I would have been long gone too

Yeah - I mean, I'm all for saying Jax sux and doesn't deserve a team, but the thread title is inaccurate.

Jags will play one home game in London for the next 4 years. Most likely more after that. Their owner owns the Fulham soccer team. They will be the London based NFL team within 10 years.

Is that really practical to have a team that far away?

The travel would be brutal - what happens for London @ San Diego? No way a team can be 100% against that much jet lag/time zone mess.

Getting a kick out of some of the uninformed posts in here.

Yes, the pictures were taken in the 4th quarter when it was 28-2. And yes, the game WAS a sellout, and was televised locally.

The new owner (Khan) has vowed to keep the team in Jax, although anything is possible I suppose. Over the years we've all seen people in the sports world say one thing, then do another.

The new owner has spent a LOT of jack upgrading facilities, and the organization is doing a whole lot of promotions & cool stuff to try and garner fan support, and get fans to the stadium for the game.

Jacksonville, like Buffalo, is a rather small market. And between the Gator & Nole fan support, getting fans for the Jags is very competitive.

Of course when you field a loser, it doesn't help.

The new GM here is a graduate of St. Francis HS in Hamburg.

The London deal is different for sure, but a good deal for the Jag's owner, and a nice opportunity for well-off fans to have a fall vacation. LOL

I like the empty stadium, I am going to the Bills vs. Jags game in December, plenty of seats still available.

We'll be in the club seats, west side, with access to the West Touchdown Club. Maybe I'll see you tailgating before the game. ;-)

Edited by John in Jax

How about Chicago? We got the Cubs going on 105 years of futility and they still pack Wrigley. LOL.

Apples & oranges.

There are 3.5 million people in the area and the stadium seats 40k... AND they were regionalized throughout the MidWest and all other points with WGN way back.

Mets w/WOR and Braves w/TBS also followed suit being from huge cities.

Chiefs/Jags photos from the AP...

http://pro32.ap.org/...-jaguars-982013

The background is not in focus, but of the ones taken during the first half, the stands look more full than the ones in the original article.

Video recap also...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090806/2013/REG1/chiefs@jaguars?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=highlights&tab=recap

the section that reads:

OK, so I'll ask again. Where in the article does it say that picture was MID-GAME? Most likely this picture was taken at the end of the game. I'm all for making fun of other teams, but I can think of a lot of times where our stadium doesn't look so hot either. It doesn't say this is mid-game, inferring that the crowd looked like this around halftime.

Chiefs/Jags photos from the AP...

http://pro32.ap.org/...-jaguars-982013

The background is not in focus, but of the ones taken during the first half, the stands look more full than the ones in the original article.

Video recap also...

http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap

That's because it's a misleading thread title. The original pic wasn't mid-game. And no where in the article does it say that pic was mid game. We don't need to make stuff up about other teams to make ourselves feel better. We all know Jags games aren't well attended. But this post is a lie. If someone posted this kind of crap with a wrong thread title about the Bills, the OP in this case, who has to be related to Russ Brandon, would flip out. Pretty weak.

Edited by Lv-Bills

The Bills actually used to have trouble filling the Ralph for playoff games when we were a winning franchise. Maybe Ralph was onto something with the losing product: Hope sells.

That also was back when we needed 80,000 for a sellout and was one of the biggest stadiums in the league at the time

Well, one could make the argument that their fans are smart. They know their team sucks, but unlike Bills fans, don't blindly waste their hard earned money on a inferior product year after year.

You might argue that they are wasting their money. I think Bills fans go for the experience. They are smart enough to know when their team is bad. They also realise that not supporting the franchise will ultimately mean losing it. Maybe that's not fair, but that is the reality. I think there are many in the league, like Jerry Jones and others who would love to move the Bills to a place like Los Angeles or maybe even Toronto, but it's those loyal fans who keep going to the games that makes it such a horrible pr move to move this franchise. Thos fans really do keep this franchise in Buffalo. They deserve alot of credit.