Bills to wear throwbacks this week

FluffHead

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in Buffalo is this considered a legit football related debate. That being said, as was stated before, we now have throwback jerseys.

Unless someone wants to throwback to the navy blue. :nana:

Throwup unis.

Worst unis in the NFL. Utterly awful. The colors even clashed, and the stripes were completely different ... wtf?!.

Dark times, times that should never be revisited. When I think of those, I think Dick Juaron, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, and utter hopelessness.

. But, as we know, purple aint Gangsta. Just ask the Ravens, who were certain to incorporate some black into their true purple unis).

In fairness to the Ravens:

1. They wanted to distinguish their purple from the Vikings, so they are Purple/Black/White while the Vikes are Purple/Yellow/White

2. Ravens are very dark black birds.

2a. "Raven" as a color means "black".

Point being, once they settled on the name - at least partially black uni's made all the sense in the world.

In fairness to the Ravens:

1. They wanted to distinguish their purple from the Vikings, so they are Purple/Black/White while the Vikes are Purple/Yellow/White

2. Ravens are very dark black birds.

2a. "Raven" as a color means "black".

Point being, once they settled on the name - at least partially black uni's made all the sense in the world.

So they're associated with the Black Panthers?

I love the Whiteout. Its so distinctive.

I cant think of any other team, normal or throwback, that has it. And it looks so clean with the righteous white helmet. (Edit: DAMMIT, as soon as i typed this post, I went back downstairs to finish my tivo'ed Chargers game from last night, and guess who is wearing white on white. Ours is still better though, cause its a throwback).

Really? Or are you just being grumpy?

I'm sure the marketing department can tell you why. Because its Gangsta, that's why. Because kids, teens, and early 20somethings wanna look "G." That's why. (there was a big piece about it, not just NFL, on 60Minutes or 20/20 or Nightline or something, about 10-12 years ago, IIRC).

(incidentally, IMHO, that's also why the Vikings subtly but surely moved away from actual Purple, toward a dark blue, for about the last 20 years. And now, the helmet is a nice matte purple but the unis are still mostly dark blue. Stupid look. Vikings are supposed to be Purple. But, as we know, purple aint Gangsta. Just ask the Ravens, who were certain to incorporate some black into their true purple unis).

That said, and for that and also aesthetic reasons, I hope the Bills never ever ever wear any black at all.

Fine.

Then sell your team's merchandise in black in department stores. Just don't put it on the players on game day.

Fine.

Then sell your team's merchandise in black in department stores. Just don't put it on the players on game day.

I agree. However, the rumor is the alternate unis are more for "recruiting" purposes.

Maybe it wouldn't be so horrible if we didn't have flawless primary uniforms. But we do. So...

I can't believe players liked the navy blue jerseys and pants pajama combo

Those things were grotesque

Buffalo sports have had a bad recent history with screwing up uniforms for no reason

I only thought I heard Bledsoe say that he thought the unis were nicer than New Englands...I think more of an FU to the Pats...

I can't think of anyone who liked those uni's.

Throwup unis.

Worst unis in the NFL. Utterly awful. The colors even clashed, and the stripes were completely different ... wtf?!.

Dark times, times that should never be revisited. When I think of those, I think Dick Juaron, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, and utter hopelessness.

not true.

if they were worn the way they were intended

white jerseys on blue pants

blue jerseys on white pants

they were some of the most distinctive, well put together uniforms in the league.

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/149/full/0lbkf3k9twbhhgl05q7yefuax.gif

Edited by JohnnyGold