Jimmy Leonhard led team in tackles!

Tu-Toned

I searched a bit, and maybe I missed it, but I did not see any posts about him, and I just looked at the stat line, and he led our defense with nine tackles. Welcome back Jim Leonard! There was another real nice

Play by him towards the end of the game, can't remember what it was, but he stood out a bit to me!

Edited by Tu-Toned

That was seriously an insane throw and catch. I was ready to rip Leonard apart until I saw the replay.

JL looked solid. Nice addition.

was gonna say, I know ur knows the defense and schemes pretty well, but for someone joining the team a week ago, he did pretty damn good.

I searched a bit, and maybe I missed it, but I did not see any posts about him, and I just looked at the stat line, and he led our defense with nine tackles. Welcome back Jim Leonard! There was another real nice

Play by him towards the end of the game, can't remember what it was, but he stood out a bit to me!

He actually tied the lead in tackles with 2 other players and it is not surprising since they played with 3 safeties to compensate with #1 CB out and Tyrd's plantar fasciitis aggravated by back pedaling away from long term contract and quick change of direction to sign it before he lost a game check.

I think Leo is great, always was. He played great for us his first tour, and he was great this week. There is a reason coaches keep bringing him around.

After he left here, he went to Balt, started for them and returned punts, then he followed Rexy Ryan to the Jest, then Pettine here.

Its not the front-office know it alls, its the coaches. IMO that says something.

It was very curious watching him play. There were times he seemed to be out of place but still overcome the two or three steps to compensate. He has never been very fast but he has been smart. I will watch the replay when I recover more - I am still exhausted - but I am pretty sure some of the cover2 schemes left Leonhard as a free safety.

He actually tied the lead in tackles with 2 other players and it is not surprising since they played with 3 safeties to compensate with #1 CB out and Tyrd's plantar fasciitis aggravated by back pedaling away from long term contract and quick change of direction to sign it before he lost a game check.

Sweet!! Another thread almost hijacked by Byrd!! Lol

I remember Leonhard making a big gaffe on some important play back in the Jauron era when he was here. Was it the Dallas Monday night game? Anyway He went on to the Ravens and played pretty well in that one season if I remember. The rest of his career has been apparently injury plagued.

Pro Football Prospectus ranked Leonard as the worst safety in the league during the year that he started, he really didn't have much traction during his tenure here.

His first year with the Jets he was the QB of the defense and played well, after that he has been very injury prone. He looked capable on Sunday, hopefully he stays on the field.