EJ Manuel Meter

bisonbrigade

EJ Manuel Meter  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think he will compare with past QBs.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd compare him to two QBs one very successful and one unsuccessful - Jason Campbell and Ben Roethlisberger, hopefully he plays more like Big Ben without all the off-field rapist stuff.

the other comparison would be a smarter but slightly less athletic Cam Newton

I am not really sure that I understand the poll. Physically, Losman is probably his closest comparison of the bunch. Not really understanding it, I voted for Flutie because I think that EJ gives the franchise a shot of energy similar to Flutie. He has some improvisation to his game as well.

I'd compare him to two QBs one very successful and one unsuccessful - Jason Campbell and Ben Roethlisberger, hopefully he plays more like Big Ben without all the off-field rapist stuff.

the other comparison would be a smarter but slightly less athletic Cam Newton

Those are much better comparisons.

I think he will put up Bledsoe type passing numbers but with the added mobility he will be able to make more things happen. Not quite Flutie level but maybe in that neighborhood. I'm encouraged by his athleticism and drive to be great. But let's not forget he is a rookie taking the field for the first time so it's going to take a couple of years until we can truly evaluate him

Kelly's arm, Fluties legs, Fitz's brain, J P's hair, Bledsoes ..umm.. arm again I guess...

I think Manuel will fit just fine...

And hopefully Ryan Fitzpatrick's durability as well for he is going to take a LOT of hits and will be needed to block on occasion.

I'm feeling really optimistic about EJ though, of course, it's far too early to make a true determination. My guess is he will turn out to be one of the better QBs we've ever had.

Sadly that doesn't actually mean a lot. While the Bills have had several good & great RBs in our history, we haven't had a lot of great QBs.

I'm expecting EJ to be the best QB we've had since Kelly, though he won't be as good as Jim.